Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Volted
Bunkface

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Volted »

ya from what i remember too, tom gabel didn't sound as pissed off as i'd imagine when white crosses leaked. float by flogging molly also leaked really early i remember. but it really depends how many people have a copy of the cd and if they're trustworthy enough to not leak things. but i also remember that the album was watermarked so even if it leaked there would be random talking in the songs or something.

before i ever knew about cds leaking early, i remember i used to go to this cd store and they had chuck early, so i was excited about getting that.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

If it leaks I'm not coming on here anymore because everyone is gonna be talking about songs, and give VERY detailed descriptions of the songs, and I don't want to hear it.
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:If it leaks I'm not coming on here anymore because everyone is gonna be talking about songs, and give VERY detailed descriptions of the songs, and I don't want to hear it.
I send you the details on 360 chat, it's cool man.
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

I'm guessing start of March it leaks
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

maybe the mods/admins can make a thread specifically for the discussion of leaks. i'm sure they'd respect the wishes of those who don't want to listen to the leak because there's a lot of people who wouldn't.

the album will definitely leak at least a week early because of the release in japan.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:If it leaks I'm not coming on here anymore because everyone is gonna be talking about songs, and give VERY detailed descriptions of the songs, and I don't want to hear it.
this.
I kind of DON'T want the album to leak.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I'm gonna listen to it when it leaks.. but I'm still gonna buy the deluxe edition..

Btw.. that japanese site has only 12 more copies of the deluxe edition available to pre-order.

The latest Linkin Park album leaked about 2 or 3 months before the release.. so you can't really predict the 'leak date'
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

IF the album leaks with two weeks of the north American release, I will stop visiting TNS and not download the leak. However, if it leaks outside of that two week window, ill mostlikely download it lol.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
this.
Me either, because I'll be so tempted to listen to at least one song.
Whenever theres the preview clips I alway cave for those. Then I listen to like one leaked song, and then that leads to the whole album. Which I really do not want to let happen with SBM.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

blackhawk1105 wrote:I'm gonna listen to it when it leaks.. but I'm still gonna buy the deluxe edition..

Btw.. that japanese site has only 12 more copies of the deluxe edition available to pre-order.

The latest Linkin Park album leaked about 2 or 3 months before the release.. so you can't really predict the 'leak date'
Yeah! I'm gonna listen to it when it leaks! and the latest Linkin Park album leaked about 1 week before the release in US and 3 days before the release in Europe, the album leaked in September 7th, because for this album was a lot of security to promote, I remember a radio DJ did a small review of 6 songs but there was a detail that there was police officer all the time watching for anything that could not happen like a leak. But that was the case with Linkin Park, for that reason the album leak one week before. I do not know if it also has a level of security to people who heard Screaming Bloody Murder, it all depends the record label...I guess.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

I don't care about a leak, I just won't listen to it and I don't care if that means I will be the only person not talking about it.
Last edited by Simon on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

SumGeek wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
this.
Whenever theres the preview clips I alway cave for those. Then I listen to like one leaked song, and then that leads to the whole album. Which I really do not want to let happen with SBM.
this. there's no way I'll be able to not download it. I'd need a hella more will power
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
this.
this. there's no way I'll be able to not download it. I'd need a hella more will power
I think the most efficient method of not listening to the leaked stuff is if everyone (okay not everyone, but regular posters) on TNS makes a pact not to listen to it until March 29th, 2011.
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

Fuccckkk i'm away the 29th
:suicide:
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
Pocket Monkey
First name: David

Post by Pocket Monkey »

SumGeek wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
this.
I think the most efficient method of not listening to the leaked stuff is if everyone (okay not everyone, but regular posters) on TNS makes a pact not to listen to it until March 29th, 2011.
i agree, its the only way i wont listen to the album leak xD
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

So we got a bunch of crappy titles, Skumfuk renamed, a 12 minute song that either doesn't exist or isn't 12 minutes and a review stating the album is mediocre at best...

Good grief.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:So we got a bunch of crappy titles, Skumfuk renamed, a 12 minute song that either doesn't exist or isn't 12 minutes and a review stating the album is mediocre at best...

Good grief.
Better kill yourself now before it gets any worse. Plus then the rest of us can enjoy the anticipation without having to hear you whining all the time.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Simon wrote:
Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:So we got a bunch of crappy titles, Skumfuk renamed, a 12 minute song that either doesn't exist or isn't 12 minutes and a review stating the album is mediocre at best...

Good grief.
Better kill yourself now before it gets any worse. Plus then the rest of us can enjoy the anticipation without having to hear you whining all the time.
Yeah all the review said was track 6 and 10 weren't very good, and I believe both of them were slow songs?

The rest it looked to me were GOOD, SURPRISING, or EXCELLENT from what the guy said. He also said at the very end "very successful album". I don't know where some of you guys are getting ideas that the review said the album is only "alright". This isn't a review of Underclass Hero.

Judging by this review and the reviewer's careful choice of words it looks to be an 8.5/10 or higher.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Hey Simon, we can form a sort of "I-will-not-listen-to-a-leaked-version-of-SBM"-community!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Simon wrote:

Good grief.
THIS.