Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Pocket Monkey
First name: David
Instrument 2: Guitar

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Pocket Monkey »

ctoan wrote:I was just reading comments about sbm on sputnikmusic and most of them were negative. People were basically saying that the song was mediocre at best and forgettable. They were also saying that the album is going to suck because it has no Dave on it. I'm sick of people saying that because Dave barely done anything in the band; that's why he left in the first place. Deryck has always pretty much done the vast majority of the work.

Personally I think that sbm isn't fantastic, it didn't really impress me much like I expected it to, BUT it's still a decent song although I feel the chorus could have been better.

IMPO I think sbm is only a little bit better than Skumfuk.
it was stated before, Dave can shove a metal bar up his ass
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

ctoan wrote:I was just reading comments about sbm on sputnikmusic and most of them were negative. People were basically saying that the song was mediocre at best and forgettable. They were also saying that the album is going to suck because it has no Dave on it. I'm sick of people saying that because Dave barely done anything in the band; that's why he left in the first place. Deryck has always pretty much done the vast majority of the work.

Personally I think that sbm isn't fantastic, it didn't really impress me much like I expected it to, BUT it's still a decent song although I feel the chorus could have been better.

dude, do you have a sputnik account? link me your profile! ps i'm sublimefan1991 and am like the only person who stuck up for the single haha.
ctoan

Post by ctoan »

dbauer91 wrote:

dude, do you have a sputnik account? link me your profile! ps i'm sublimefan1991 and am like the only person who stuck up for the single haha.
I don't have a sputnik account, but I found the article where people were expressing their opinions.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Just putting this out here.
Cone wrote:There'll be about 14 or 15 tracks. I really like a song called Blood In My Eyes and Reason To Believe.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:Just putting this out here.
Cone wrote:There'll be about 14 or 15 tracks. I really like a song called Blood In My Eyes and Reason To Believe.

Fuck yeah! another track name! Reason To Believe sounds good!
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

dave did more than the others do now. the band was great back then, a lot more likeable as people i must say. however i've gotten over the whole dave being gone and i still love em now. people that are still talking about dave are pretty annoying. but you should only blame them, don't blame dave. it's not his fault he was so likeable that fans are still angry over it now
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Reason to Believe ... ''can't find a good reason,can't find hope to believe in''
-.Out of Hell - ''waste away, nothing left to show while I'm in this perfect hell''

seems like Deryck is in some kind of a proccess of finding solutions :silly:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

FuckT41182 wrote:Reason to Believe ... ''can't find a good reason,can't find hope to believe in''
-.Out of Hell - ''waste away, nothing left to show while I'm in this perfect hell''

We don't need to go so far, just remember No Reason, Hell Song and Welcome To Hell. But these songs are totally different, so titles are not so important when you speak about sums, i guess
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

sumelf wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:Reason to Believe ... ''can't find a good reason,can't find hope to believe in''

We don't need to go so far, just remember No Reason, Hell Song and Welcome To Hell. But these songs are totally different, so titles are not so important when you speak about sums, i guess
I don't know,I find these titles you wrote pretty much the same as it is in the song ...
Hell Song - about the band's friend who got infected with HIV - pretty much hell,no ? :D
No Reason too and Welcome to Hell too ..I'm too lazy to write why ...you should see it
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

FuckT41182 wrote:
sumelf wrote:

I don't know,I find these titles you wrote pretty much the same as it is in the song ...
Hell Song - about the band's friend who got infected with HIV - pretty much hell,no ? :D
No Reason too and Welcome to Hell too ..I'm too lazy to write why ...you should see it
I agree with you. What i meant to say is that Deryck's most used words are hell, reason, believe, waiting and so on. It's some kind of style if you want.
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

I love the fact that If you havent been on here in a few days and you come back to find there is about 100 new posts in this thread
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Nice, a new track name. Reason to believe, sounds cool.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

lisaNL wrote:Nice, a new track name. Reason to believe, sounds cool.
They have to release the full tracklist soon..
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
lisaNL wrote:Nice, a new track name. Reason to believe, sounds cool.
They have to release the full tracklist soon..
Yeah, I think they will. What's the point of giving us a track name once in a while? They might as well give us the damn tracklist!
usmari_41
Bunkface
First name: Bruna Usmari
AKA: Bruna Usmari
Twitter: brunausmari

Post by usmari_41 »

fenderrocks wrote:some what random, but Sum41 Brazil has a pic from the Japan shoot

Photoshoot for Nakama-tv and Subciety clothing line, Tokyo .

http://www.nakama-tv.com/rob/
http://www.nakama-tv.com/gen/
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Mr-David-Blues wrote:I love the fact that If you havent been on here in a few days and you come back to find there is about 100 new posts in this thread
I know what you mean, I can never be arsed to read through everything I've missed so I have no idea if I have missed anything important!
usmari_41
Bunkface
First name: Bruna Usmari
AKA: Bruna Usmari
Twitter: brunausmari

Post by usmari_41 »

TomiT14 wrote:Just putting this out here.

I really liked the name of this song :glad:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Sweet! Sounds great. I'm thinking a tracklist will be out before/with SBM's official release.
Faeyaner
Bunkface

Post by Faeyaner »

Maybe this one has already been asked, but is the piano ballad acoustic, or are there any acoustic songs in SBM like Slipping Away ?
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Faeyaner wrote:Maybe this one has already been asked, but is the piano ballad acoustic, or are there any acoustic songs in SBM like Slipping Away ?
I imagine the ballad will incorporate some sort of acoustic, but not as a main feature. Slipping Away only had acoustic elements.