Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: The Deryck Thread.

Post by Mitchell »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
noexcuses wrote:oh yea ... i dont really remeber guitar names but its a squir thts in your avatar!
Nope, it's a Fender. The Fender has two pickups and the Squier has one.
His new Fender has 1 pickup
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
noexcuses wrote:oh yea ... i dont really remeber guitar names but its a squir thts in your avatar!
Yeah I know, but he hardly seems to use that one lately.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Well im not an expert, but what exactly is the difference with having one or two pickups? In his case obviously.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

FakeNinja wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Well im not an expert, but what exactly is the difference with having one or two pickups? In his case obviously.
Just the tone of the guitar. In Deryck's case there is no difference because the neck pickup isn't wired so it just sits there for decoration. That's why his signature Squier only has one pickup and his recent Fender Tele Deluxe only has one pickup.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Just found this video.
I love Deryck's appearance in this video.. He should go back to that hairstyle and lifestyle.. he looks a hell of a lot younger and more energetic..

btw a while back someone was looking for one of the guys screwing up or something like that.. this video doesn't really contain someone screwing up but Deryck's guitar screwing up..
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I like his current image too, but yeah, he looks a lot younger in blond. On videos from 2010 he looked a bit devastated, but when I met him in Vienna in November it didn't seem to me. Maybe because his skin is really white and black hair does big contrast.
Last edited by gejmik on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
GonoszMano

Post by GonoszMano »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Faeyaner wrote:I think and hope he will stick to it, this tele just looks incredible. Also he uses it for more than 5 years now.
Btw, does he play Marshalls on stage all the time?
he uses his Marshall modded head and a diezel herbert head trough Marshall cabinets
I think Tom uses his Diezel... I'm quite sure.
Got a no-string guitar, got a SUNN Beta head, I'm a rock and roll star,
I ain't no musician, some things are stranger than fishin'!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

GonoszMano wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Faeyaner wrote:I think and hope he will stick to it, this tele just looks incredible. Also he uses it for more than 5 years now.
he uses his Marshall modded head and a diezel herbert head trough Marshall cabinets
I suppose you're right.. but Deryck used to have that setup..

I've been wondering what that kind of 'box' shaped thing is.. I know it contains a tuner.. but what else does it do?
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Just found this video.
I love Deryck's appearance in this video.. He should go back to that hairstyle and lifestyle.. he looks a hell of a lot younger and more energetic..
Jer seems to like the new style, but I think its sloppy, I LOVED his UH clothes....so badass
but like its been said, he's style now reflects the fuck all attitude of SBM, it changes every album era.

anyways, I've never seen his guitar messing up like that, like it kept slipping out of tune
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

fenderrocks wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:Just found this video.
Jer seems to like the new style, but I think its sloppy, I LOVED his UH clothes....so badass
but like its been said, he's style now reflects the fuck all attitude of SBM, it changes every album era.

anyways, I've never seen his guitar messing up like that, like it kept slipping out of tune
I like the fact that he changes it up for each era.. but I don't like this one and the Chuck one..
GonoszMano

Post by GonoszMano »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
GonoszMano wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
I suppose you're right.. but Deryck used to have that setup..

I've been wondering what that kind of 'box' shaped thing is.. I know it contains a tuner.. but what else does it do?
What "'box' shaped thing"? Could you link a picture?
GonoszMano

Post by GonoszMano »

He uses TWO Marshalls, a Marshall Super Bass 100W head and a Marshall JMP Mk2 Master Model 100W Lead head (that must be his 'custom amp'. AFAIK it's a prototype, maybe of the Slash Sig head... He said it in some interwiev, but I can't remember where...
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

GonoszMano wrote:
He uses TWO Marshalls, a Marshall Super Bass 100W head and a Marshall JMP Mk2 Master Model 100W Lead head (that must be his 'custom amp'. AFAIK it's a prototype, maybe of the Slash Sig head... He said it in some interwiev, but I can't remember where...
Some good shit there, what interview was it?

GonoszMano

Post by GonoszMano »

FakeNinja wrote:Some good shit there, what interview was it?
I think, it was in Total Guitar...I tried to check it, but the two biggest galleries I know (one is the TNS gallery) are down... And my picture collection is gone...
GonoszMano

Post by GonoszMano »

GonoszMano wrote:He uses TWO Marshalls, a Marshall Super Bass 100W head and a Marshall JMP Mk2 Master Model 100W Lead head (that must be his 'custom amp'. AFAIK it's a prototype, maybe of the Slash Sig head... He said it in some interwiev, but I can't remember where...
My bad. These two are his current stage amps (I mean Marshall Super Bass 100W head and a Marshall JMP Mk2 Master Model 100W Lead head). The 'BIZZY' Marshall TSL 100 (http://www.myspace.com/sjsnowxishere/ph ... 1682287%7D) could be a prototype.
Last edited by GonoszMano on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

GonoszMano wrote:
GonoszMano wrote:He uses TWO Marshalls, a Marshall Super Bass 100W head and a Marshall JMP Mk2 Master Model 100W Lead head (that must be his 'custom amp'. AFAIK it's a prototype, maybe of the Slash Sig head... He said it in some interwiev, but I can't remember where...
My bad. These two are his current stage amps (I mean Marshall Super Bass 100W head and a Marshall JMP Mk2 Master Model 100W Lead head). The 'BIZZY' Marshall TSL 100 (http://www.myspace.com/sjsnowxishere/ph ... 1682287%7D) could be a prototype.
Oh, well i noticed something wasn't right though wasn't sure myself so couldn't really put it on the finger yet. Anyways thanks for the update of the information.

klauduszka

Post by klauduszka »

i meet him after concert in poland. he's so nice and sweet <even he was completely drunk ;)>
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

So I was just thumbing through issue 116 of Guitar Legends where it talked about the 10 Most Expensive Guitars amongst other lists and I found that a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard is #4 with a price of $350,000.

For those that don't know, the '59 Les Paul is the guitar Deryck has used as his main sound on all of the Sum 41 records. I know this from looking at the guitar collection he has on his MySpace. I think it even shows him playing it in that video where he and Stevo help Avril with her record.

@2:00
I've tried looking for reissues, but those bad boys are expensive too! Like $4000 most of them are. Anyway, I just thought it'd be some interesting info to share.

By the way, the most expensive guitar is a 1949 Fender Broadcaster Prototype. From $750,000 to $1,000,000.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Jeremy Kill wrote:So I was just thumbing through issue 116 of Guitar Legends where it talked about the 10 Most Expensive Guitars amongst other lists and I found that a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard is #4 with a price of $350,000.

For those that don't know, the '59 Les Paul is the guitar Deryck has used as his main sound on all of the Sum 41 records. I know this from looking at the guitar collection he has on his MySpace. I think it even shows him playing it in that video where he and Stevo help Avril with her record.

I've tried looking for reissues, but those bad boys are expensive too! Like $4000 most of them are. Anyway, I just thought it'd be some interesting info to share.

By the way, the most expensive guitar is a 1949 Fender Broadcaster Prototype. From $750,000 to $1,000,000.
First thing I thought when I watched that was, "whipped". Hahahha..
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Jeremy Kill wrote:So I was just thumbing through issue 116 of Guitar Legends where it talked about the 10 Most Expensive Guitars amongst other lists and I found that a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard is #4 with a price of $350,000.

I thought Deryck said that that expensive Les Paul he used to set the main sound on all the albums actually was a SG but they still named it Les Paul at the time...

And the broadcaster is the first Fender model created if I recall correctly.. but they had to rename it due to copyright laws.. so now we have the Telecaster and the Stratocaster..