Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:...Skumfuk which we've had for half a year already and we're all sick of.. and also, it's really not that good... everyone liked it much in the beginning when it was released cuz we finally got a new song from Sum 41 after like 3 years, but in reality it sounds like something mediocre from UH...
I can't believe all the things that you say, since I just can't get enough of this song.

Sorry to say, but I hate it when you bring your own opinions and state them as everyone's opinion. I LOVE Skumfuk! My play count for it is over 1,000 and I still love rocking that out. To me it represents their new direction, since it sounds like nothing they've done before, even though it's just a deepcut of the album.

So please, keep your opinions as your own.
AMEN!

Would it be sad if I told you that I possibly have a higher play count?
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

I just wait for the "surprise" or the soundcheck bad quality :hehe: and more info about SBM
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Andros wrote:I just wait for the "surprise" or the soundcheck bad quality :hehe: and more info about SBM
I don't really care about it. I mean, both the single and the album are so close, so waiting for a soundcheck seems pointless.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

TomiT14 wrote:
Andros wrote:I just wait for the "surprise" or the soundcheck bad quality :hehe: and more info about SBM
I don't really care about it. I mean, both the single and the album are so close, so waiting for a soundcheck seems pointless.
Yeah but wait until February 7 is very long and weeks pass very slowly
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

finglemaster wrote:5 pages in one night with no new news...... please for sanity's sake be quiet
It's a discussion thread.. if you don't like it go to bandaids
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:...Skumfuk which we've had for half a year already and we're all sick of.. and also, it's really not that good... everyone liked it much in the beginning when it was released cuz we finally got a new song from Sum 41 after like 3 years, but in reality it sounds like something mediocre from UH...
I can't believe all the things that you say, since I just can't get enough of this song.

Sorry to say, but I hate it when you bring your own opinions and state them as everyone's opinion. I LOVE Skumfuk! My play count for it is over 1,000 and I still love rocking that out. To me it represents their new direction, since it sounds like nothing they've done before, even though it's just a deepcut of the album.

AMEN!

Why sad? I am proud to say that I probably have the highest play count of all because of all the (air-)drumming I have done for my cover of that song and it is fucking awesome. It beats every song from UH and I am not even one of those UH haters. Walking Disaster is still one of my favorite songs.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Andros wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
What? You can't be serious! :glad:

Since when has 3 weeks equalled a very long time? Where were you when the Sums announced the EP would come out in March/April 2009? We've waited for over 2 YEARS, and you can't wait for 3 WEEKS? :glad:
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
finglemaster wrote:5 pages in one night with no new news...... please for sanity's sake be quiet
I don't know why, but this made me lol
TomiT14 wrote:
Andros wrote:Yeah but wait until February 7 is very long and weeks pass very slowly

Since when has 3 weeks equalled a very long time? Where were you when the Sums announced the EP would come out in March/April 2009? We've waited for over 2 YEARS, and you can't wait for 3 WEEKS? :glad:
So true
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

Simon wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

AMEN!

Why sad? I am proud to say that I probably have the highest play count of all because of all the (air-)drumming I have done for my cover of that song and it is fucking awesome. It beats every song from UH and I am not even one of those UH haters. Walking Disaster is still one of my favorite songs.
Christ, I have a play count of about 200 for it and my brother was laughing his ass off at me not so long ago for listening to it too much! That's hardcore \m/ >___< \m/
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

TomiT14 wrote:
Andros wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

Yes 2 years but meanwhile more closer is the day, the time passes slower
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
It's a discussion thread.. if you don't like it go get aids
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
It's a discussion thread.. if you don't like it go get aids
loolo!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

Hey hey, I have a big play count of it too and I didn't say it was bad, just that it wasn't as good as everyone thought in the beginning. I mean, everyone here except for a few maybe, liked the song when it was released, then after some time and lots of plays people realized it's not that good.. but it's okay cuz even Matt said it's the shittiest track on the record, compared to the others.
And I just saw people here talking how they barely listen to it anymore which is true for a lot of people here. Some said they haven't listened to it since July or September.. and I had a really high play count too and played it in loops and all and I too lost interest in it, it's the kind of these short songs that kinda grow old fast.. like Welcome to Hell I guess.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Haha, amen to that, bro! :glad:
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

TomiT14 wrote:

YES! YES! You just saved my time by this post because I would wrote exact same thing. I listened to Skumfuk hundreds of time, I hum that song in school when I am bored last couple of weeks, I love those lyrics I sing them quietly very often and it's the first song which I learned on guitar, I JUST LOVE IT! RESIDENT SKUMFUK!
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

To me Skumfuk is still is exactly as good as I thought it was in the beginning (especially the vocals). I also haven't listened to it in a while but it still reminds me of the great time I had when I first heard it and that gets me going like nothing else. When ever I start playing it again, it stays on repeat for at least a dozen times before I want to hear something else.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
TonyBergsma
First name: Tony
Instrument 1: Bass

Post by TonyBergsma »

geez, i wasn't around for one day and i'm so many pages behind.
I'm gonna catch up
Kuesel10
First name: Nick

Post by Kuesel10 »

Simon wrote:I don't think he meant to compare the music of Skumfuk and Always, but rather what they are related to SBM/UH. Germans usually say "or is it like..." when they mean "or is it the same way as it was with..." because that's almost the same figure of speech in German.
Yeah, sorry, this is exactly what I meant. Always isn't a part of an album or a single, so I thought, it could be the same with Skumfuk.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

Skumfuk is a great song, yes it's as they say the shittiest song but it's still worth listening to, great lyrics and great vocals and great pace, it's the tiniest representation of the album we could get but it's worked for the most of us. I hope it is on the album becuase it may need a short fast song like that, i want variety of song types on this album and Skumfuk will help achieve that, also they wouldn't of played it live and told everyone it was when it wasn't going to be on the album

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i have a feeling skumfuk will be track number 5 or 6. with a slower song before it and a fast song after it.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!