Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah but if I should make a list it would still be like this
Chuck - DTLI - UH/HHOP - AKNF ...Uh wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst as well for me ...Speak of the Devil or Walking Disaster were actually pretty good ...but I agree about CAFIMT or So Long Goodbye(although the first version that seen the light is bearable...the second one sucks)...and about PTC ...I don't even remember how it has sounded XD I am gonna listen to it now
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I'm not saying that I love uh just because it's by sum 41, that's bullshit. I'm saying it because it's true. and that's just my opinion.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

are we really doing this again...some people hate UH, some people love it...lets just agree to disagree and move on.
dunno why its such a crime to like UH on this forum
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

dbauer91 wrote:it kinda pisses me off when everyone's like, "i love the sums no matter what. they're the best band ever, etc." i mean come on, you gotta be a bit objective. underclass hero sucked dick and everyone knows it.
I stopped reading after this.
Of course you're entitled to your opinion. But that doesn't mean yours is the only correct one.

Technically it may have not been the best album, with all the simple chord progressions, lack of epic guitars etc. But that doesn't mean it sucked dick. In my opinion, the lyrics were a lot better than in any of their previous albums. Also I like the addition of the piano, although Deryck is nowhere near a good piano player.
And the vocals. Brilliant. Previous albums didn't really have any special effects on vocals. I love how the vocals are edited in Pull The Curtain and King Of Contradiction. And the backing vocals are brought to a level where I haven't heard ANY band go before.

No matter how I look at UH, I still think it's the best album to date. And that's my opinion.
I'm a fan of Sum 41 because of a great album like UH, not the other way around.
I'm not telling you to like it, but I'm telling you to stop being a dick and agreeing that facts and opinions are different things. And why does this topic have to be brought up again? It came already three and a half years ago, can't you just get over it already?

So to reply to your quote, it kinda pisses me off when everyone's like "if you don't hate UH, you suck dick".

fenderrocks wrote:are we really doing this again...some people hate UH, some people love it...lets just agree to disagree and move on.
AMEN
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah it's not worth to discuss ! we should find beter things to discuss ,or we should get some :P
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

UH was alright, it may have not been produced the best but it was alright tbh, I love how drums sounded, they sounded clearer and more punchy and that's one reason I like UH for as well as Deryck's vocals, I love Walking Disaster, Count Your Last Blessings, With me, Underclass Hero, Best Of Me, when first heard With Me though I felt it sounded bit like My Chemical Romance, just chorus though, lol but now I've heard it more it is different, suppose album has slight Green Day or Blink kinda sounds/feels to it, but I also think it's totally different as well, King Of Contradiction is definitely like a Green Day track in ways until the breakdown bit which sounds Sum 41 !

all in all, I like all their stuff really, the pop-punk is what got me into them, It's my favourite still but I do love heavier rock stuff too
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

TomiT14 wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:it kinda pisses me off when everyone's like, "i love the sums no matter what. they're the best band ever, etc." i mean come on, you gotta be a bit objective. underclass hero sucked dick and everyone knows it.
I stopped reading after this.
Of course you're entitled to your opinion. But that doesn't mean yours is the only correct one.

Technically it may have not been the best album, with all the simple chord progressions, lack of epic guitars etc. But that doesn't mean it sucked dick. In my opinion, the lyrics were a lot better than in any of their previous albums. Also I like the addition of the piano, although Deryck is nowhere near a good piano player.
And the vocals. Brilliant. Previous albums didn't really have any special effects on vocals. I love how the vocals are edited in Pull The Curtain and King Of Contradiction. And the backing vocals are brought to a level where I haven't heard ANY band go before.

No matter how I look at UH, I still think it's the best album to date. And that's my opinion.
I'm a fan of Sum 41 because of a great album like UH, not the other way around.
I'm not telling you to like it, but I'm telling you to stop being a dick and agreeing that facts and opinions are different things. And why does this topic have to be brought up again? It came already three and a half years ago, can't you just get over it already?

So to reply to your quote, it kinda pisses me off when everyone's like "if you don't hate UH, you suck dick".

fenderrocks wrote:are we really doing this again...some people hate UH, some people love it...lets just agree to disagree and move on.
AMEN
well you should listen to what i had to say. and i agree, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but there's no denying some of the points i brought up. especially the one about pull the curtain, i mean, give me a break. stuff like that song's garbage ending turn me off from this album.
Name
Bunkface
First name: Dave
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Name »

stevie486 wrote:UH was alright, it may have not been produced the best but it was alright tbh, I love how drums sounded, they sounded clearer and more punchy and that's one reason I like UH for as well as Deryck's vocals, I love Walking Disaster, Count Your Last Blessings, With me, Underclass Hero, Best Of Me, when first heard With Me though I felt it sounded bit like My Chemical Romance, just chorus though, lol but now I've heard it more it is different, suppose album has slight Green Day or Blink kinda sounds/feels to it, but I also think it's totally different as well, King Of Contradiction is definitely like a Green Day track in ways until the breakdown bit which sounds Sum 41 !

all in all, I like all their stuff really, the pop-punk is what got me into them, It's my favourite still but I do love heavier rock stuff too
Listen to Children of the Grave...

Because there is NOTHING to talk about i am going to list the songs and what they sound like xD im not counting the lyrics or how overused chord progressions are and i'm not counting styles of bands (ex. With Me sounds like MCR)

Keep in mind i thought this album was great, i'm not bashing it.

1. "Underclass Hero"- Original (not counting STC)
2. "Walking Disaster"- Original
3. "Speak of the Devil"- Original
4. "Dear Father"- Original
5. "Count Your Last Blessings"- Original
6. "Ma Poubelle"- Original
7. "March of the Dogs"- Original
8. "The Jester"- House of Wolves
9. "With Me"- Original
10. "Pull the Curtain"- Original
11. "King of Contradiction"- Children Of The Grave (only the "breakdown")
12. "Best of Me"- Hate Me
13. "Confusion and Frustration in Modern Times"- Original
14. "So Long Goodbye"- Good Riddance
Bonus Track. "Take A Look At Yourself"- Welcome To The Black Parade
Bonus Track. "Look at Me"- N/A (John Lennon Cover, a great one at that)

I hate how everyone calls them unoriginal even though 10/14 songs are original, its not like other artists have had completely original albums before.

EDIT: if this was lyric-wise everything would be original
Last edited by Name on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

Name wrote:
stevie486 wrote:UH was alright, it may have not been produced the best but it was alright tbh, I love how drums sounded, they sounded clearer and more punchy and that's one reason I like UH for as well as Deryck's vocals, I love Walking Disaster, Count Your Last Blessings, With me, Underclass Hero, Best Of Me, when first heard With Me though I felt it sounded bit like My Chemical Romance, just chorus though, lol but now I've heard it more it is different, suppose album has slight Green Day or Blink kinda sounds/feels to it, but I also think it's totally different as well, King Of Contradiction is definitely like a Green Day track in ways until the breakdown bit which sounds Sum 41 !

Because there is NOTHING to talk about i am going to list the songs and what they sound like xD im not counting the lyrics or how overused chord progressions are and i'm not counting styles of bands (ex. With Me sounds like MCR)

9. "With Me"- Original

I hate how everyone calls them unoriginal even though 10/14 songs are original, its not like other artists have had completely original albums before.

again though, you neglected to mention that the end of pull the curtain was the EXACT same thing as we're all to blame. why does everyone pretend like it isn't? and being that the chord progression from cfimt is so overused, it is NOT original. there are literally hundreds of songs that sound just like it.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

dbauer91 wrote:
Name wrote:

9. "With Me"- Original

again though, you neglected to mention that the end of pull the curtain was the EXACT same thing as we're all to blame. why does everyone pretend like it isn't? and being that the chord progression from cfimt is so overused, it is NOT original. there are literally hundreds of songs that sound just like it.
It's because it isn't anything like watb. I don't know what makes you think that, I've listened to both of those songs countless times and have never likened them to one another.

As for the originality of songs, I totally agree that Underclass Hero is an amazing album. Each song holds it own and none sound generic or like another. I don't get where people come off saying they all sound the same.

The vocals are absolutely amazing in comparison to their previous work, just listen to the beginning and end of Walking Disaster and Speak of the Devil. I could take those two songs with me on a deserted island and be happy.
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

dbauer91 wrote:
Name wrote:

9. "With Me"- Original

That piano is just a 20 second outro, its not the foundation to the song, the mood is entirely different so it makes it sound much different, he only sings in the melody of the song, and its strictly piano and drums which adds a more pop-ish sound to it. When i listen to it i hear PTC not WATB
For CAFIMT, listen to the intro to Thanks for Nothing, thats the same chord progression that is used in Pieces but it sounds different. Green Day used that chord progression in 21 guns, does that mean they ripped off each other? No, its just used by many artists. Almost the same for Confusion and Frustration, its a commonly used chord progression, not a rip-off. Again, when i listen to it i hear CAFIMT not some other song, which makes it original in a way.
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

Gregorovich wrote:
Tyler. wrote:
dirk wrote:imo march of the dogs beats scumfuck

everybody hates UH i really love UH and i prefer the pop punk style more, sorry
UH is pretty shit, except march of the dogs. that song's awesome
You've gotta love The Jester and King of Contradiction.
yes i did, haha!!
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

All I see is more boring discussion of Underclass Hero on the topic of Screaming Bloody Murder, come on people keep this topic only of info or discuss about Screaming Bloody Murder for that reason we have increased the number of pages on this topic because irrationally we put other issues that have nothing to do, we know many people like or don't like or discriminates the Underclass Hero but submit to another topic discussion please back to "Screaming Bloddy Murder Discussion" Thanks.
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Andros wrote:All I see is more boring discussion of Underclass Hero on the topic of Screaming Bloody Murder, come on people keep this topic only of info or discuss about Screaming Bloody Murder for that reason we have increased the number of pages on this topic because irrationally we put other issues that have nothing to do, we know many people like or don't like or discriminates the Underclass Hero but submit to another topic discussion please back to "Screaming Bloddy Murder Discussion" Thanks.
Why bother? it doesn't really matter, would you rather have a actual discussion or constant comments like "i want screaming bloody murder NOW!!!!!"
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Name wrote:
Andros wrote:All I see is more boring discussion of Underclass Hero on the topic of Screaming Bloody Murder, come on people keep this topic only of info or discuss about Screaming Bloody Murder for that reason we have increased the number of pages on this topic because irrationally we put other issues that have nothing to do, we know many people like or don't like or discriminates the Underclass Hero but submit to another topic discussion please back to "Screaming Bloddy Murder Discussion" Thanks.
Why bother? it doesn't really matter, would you rather have a actual discussion or constant comments like "i want screaming bloody murder NOW!!!!!"
I know that there is no much info but why put other issues that have nothing to do with this? It makes no sense
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

dbauer91 wrote:the chord progression from cfimt is so overused, it is NOT original. there are literally hundreds of songs that sound just like it.
But you can't re-invent a wheel everytime you write a song.
usmari_41
Bunkface
First name: Bruna Usmari
AKA: Bruna Usmari
Twitter: brunausmari

Post by usmari_41 »

DW_60 wrote:Well.. Just 20 sec http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GO59Z82W
Happy New Year

Sorry Sum 41 :blush:

Mr Kronenbourg - Amin
DW_60 wrote:@Sum41 Italia, Brazil, Finland etc S'il vous plait ne publiez pas de news pour ça. Ne mettez pas sur Youtube/Facebook/Twitter etc.

J'ai fais ça pour vous alors faite quelque chose pour moi ;) Merci
This is amazing, thanks a lot! :2cool4u:

I will not post it, do not worry...
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

TomiT14 wrote:But you can't re-invent a wheel everytime you write a song.
I agree on this one, allthough those were Stevo's words :glad:

EDIT/ Oh by the way, I'm pretty confident we'll get some news this week-10 days.
TonyBergsma
First name: Tony
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by TonyBergsma »

Lars wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:But you can't re-invent a wheel everytime you write a song.
I agree on this one, allthough those were Stevo's words :glad:

EDIT/ Oh by the way, I'm pretty confident we'll get some news this week-10 days.

i hope a release date, to look forward to the album
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

Someone should message them if we can at least get a track listing.

400! I'm trash!
Last edited by Jesus Christ Supermarket on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out