Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Name
Bunkface
First name: Dave
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Name »

Lars wrote:Yeah well, I agree if IR says that they have other artists that sell more than Sum 41, you can't doubt that. You've got that Bieber-kid and all that other shit, but these things just sell to day.

But it's not because an artist sells pretty good, one another should be 'left alone' or something like that. Sum 41 may not be the biggest name at IR anymore, they've still been very important to them. So it's just a little disrespectful towards Sum 41 and to us, fans.

I'll look at the good side of this: at least they didn't put a lot of pressure on the band's shoulders, which led in my opinion to (probably) the most artistic and (who knows) the best they've ever done.
Oh damn, know i feel disrespectful >.< wait your talking abut me right?
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

FuckT41182 wrote:because just a few of people can be ambitious,strong and smart :P and then there are those who listen to her music XD just kidding not a few just me
hate this shit ...I am hungry and I am too lazy to make myself something to eat ...I am probably gonna die now
Don't worry, you can live a long time without food. :hehe:
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

I think the new album is gonna be a mix of DTLI and Chuck

Why is this taking so long?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

dirk wrote:Why is this taking so long?
From this point on the label is just waiting for the best time to release the album. The album is 100% complete, but it's not going to see the light of day until the new year.

By 100%, I just mean mastered. Not album art and pressings, etc.
Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Faeyaner »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
dirk wrote: By 100%, I just mean mastered. Not album art and pressings, etc.
That's what I wanted to say. Wasn't there something like a cover-art - contest some time ago on TNS?
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

I'm pretty sure they have some kind of concepts or something ready for the album art and cover. After all they did that desert photoshoot
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

If this trend in album-release-times continues, we can expect to see a follow up as soon as 2016. I cant see another on-time record coming untill the band leaves IR.
fuck this signature nonsense
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:Lady Gaga is probably one of the most unique artists out ther today, she writes everything herself and she just does whatever she wants, come on, wearing a dress made out of bacon is just pure awesomeness. Allthough i couldn't care less for her music.
unique ?? :D the idea of her style doesn't remind you of someone ???she came with it all by herself,right ?:D wait,Mad ''cough'' onna ...hmm Madonna I remember the first chick :D and you mean the lyrics like Alejandro,Pedro ? :D
but right,I don't give a fuck about her ...it's just stupid that those lyrics with absolutely nothing special in them are called lyrics...and many more bands with lyrics of pure awesomeness have no success ...that pisses me off and I beg you to apologize my behaviour cause I just can't stop ...even though Lady Gaga fans have their explanation ...I would go with IQ less than 90
Jesus christ, stop taking a shit on everyone with a different taste than you, saying that people that like Lady Gaga has a low iq is juts ignorant. And honest to God, how meaningful are lyrics to songs like Fat Lip, In Too Deep or any succesful blink-182 song for that matter? Who are you to define what are supposed to be called lyrics.

Anyway, how early do you think the record will leak? My bet is two to three weeks before the release date.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I'd be glad if it won't leak at all, because I'd like to hear it when I buy it, but that won't happen and I'll be forced to download it earlier I think :D. I guess it will be leaked at early march.
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Gregorovich wrote:If this trend in album-release-times continues, we can expect to see a follow up as soon as 2016. I cant see another on-time record coming untill the band leaves IR.
well hopefully this release will be more positive in terms of ratings and sales which will give them more motivation for them to release more good music.

Which brings me to this...DON'T STEAL THE MUSIC!!!!!BUY THE CD!!!!

And i remember hearing about sum 41 posting the songs up a day or 2 before it releases but i wont listen until i get the CD.
Last edited by Name on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Emil wrote:Anyway, how early do you think the record will leak? My bet is two to three weeks before the release date.
Yeah, I'm going to go with at least two weeks. I remember that Underclass Hero in its entirety leaked about 10 to 12 days before the official release. The title track, I believe, leaked on a podcast a good four months before the album's release. If the album leaks, I'm going download it. I'm buying it either way and if I like it, I'll buy it as birthday and Christmas presents for other people!
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Emil wrote:Anyway, how early do you think the record will leak? My bet is two to three weeks before the release date.
Yeah, I'm going to go with at least two weeks. I remember that Underclass Hero in its entirety leaked about 10 to 12 days before the official release. The title track, I believe, leaked on a podcast a good four months before the album's release. If the album leaks, I'm going download it. I'm buying it either way and if I like it, I'll buy it as birthday and Christmas presents for other people!
I'm not that idealistic, i only buy stuff i like, however chances is i'll probably like it anyway and not give it an objective listen until a good month afer i've allready bought it. That's how it was with UH, three months after it's release it wasn't nearly as good as when i bought it.
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Would you buy the CD if the album was bad?

i would just for the sake of supporting them.

And there are a lot of albums that are like that. My example is Blur's The Great Escape. It was selling like mad but then there was a serious backlash after a month which lead Oasis to win the battle between them. Why? Because everyone loved Parklife that the bought the album with no thought (even though it had many great songs)
Last edited by Name on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Emil wrote:I'm not that idealistic, i only buy stuff i like, however chances is i'll probably like it anyway and not give it an objective listen until a good month afer i've allready bought it. That's how it was with UH, three months after it's release it wasn't nearly as good as when i bought it.
That happened to me with Underclass Hero and it will probably happen again with this new album, but to different degrees. I probably won't go from loving the album to calling it my least favorite Sum 41 record like I did with Underclass Hero.
Name wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Well, I said I'd buy it either way, though the way I look at it is if Underclass Hero is my least favorite album, then there's no way the band can do worse than that if they're not continuing that sound.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Sums change their style every album in my opinion, but I like every album in some way, and I can't say which is my favourite. Or yes I can, but next month I would say something else. It changes a lot. If some other band change their style I usually don't accept it.. From the present - Linkin Park and their electronic thing, Simple Plan and their pop thing... But in Sums' case I always get used to it and "learn myself to like it". So I don't expect anything else than +-15 great song like I always get - and that's why I love Sum 41.
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Emil wrote:I'm not that idealistic, i only buy stuff i like, however chances is i'll probably like it anyway and not give it an objective listen until a good month afer i've allready bought it. That's how it was with UH, three months after it's release it wasn't nearly as good as when i bought it.
That happened to me with Underclass Hero and it will probably happen again with this new album, but to different degrees. I probably won't go from loving the album to calling it my least favorite Sum 41 record like I did with Underclass Hero.
Name wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Well, I said I'd buy it either way, though the way I look at it is if Underclass Hero is my least favorite album, then there's no way the band can do worse than that if they're not continuing that sound.
Oh i didn't read very carefully, my bad.
I doubt it would be worse then Underclass Hero(even though it wasn't THAT bad) but yeah it sounds like they are taking a whole new direction.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:Lady Gaga is probably one of the most unique artists out ther today, she writes everything herself and she just does whatever she wants, come on, wearing a dress made out of bacon is just pure awesomeness. Allthough i couldn't care less for her music.
unique ?? :D the idea of her style doesn't remind you of someone ???she came with it all by herself,right ?:D wait,Mad ''cough'' onna ...hmm Madonna I remember the first chick :D and you mean the lyrics like Alejandro,Pedro ? :D
but right,I don't give a fuck about her ...it's just stupid that those lyrics with absolutely nothing special in them are called lyrics...and many more bands with lyrics of pure awesomeness have no success ...that pisses me off and I beg you to apologize my behaviour cause I just can't stop ...even though Lady Gaga fans have their explanation ...I would go with IQ less than 90
Jesus christ, stop taking a shit on everyone with a different taste than you, saying that people that like Lady Gaga has a low iq is juts ignorant. And honest to God, how meaningful are lyrics to songs like Fat Lip, In Too Deep or any succesful blink-182 song for that matter? Who are you to define what are supposed to be called lyrics.
I am God ;) kind of awful to see how bad I failed with people ...they wear fucking meat while kids all around the world have nothing to eat ...and those fuckers even celebrate ...fucking and sucking and touching that is something to admire !and meaning behing Blink 182 lyrics first date ???something everyone in teen ages is going through(except me,sure,I am God)...and I Miss You,Violence or so ...or TNS song by Sum 41 ...and I was kinda joking the last posts but cool that nobody got it ...that just proves that I am God,you got it there,nobody understands me ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
I am God ;) kind of awful to see how bad I failed with people ...they wear fucking meat while kids all around the world have nothing to eat ...and those fuckers even celebrate ...fucking and sucking and touching that is something to admire !and meaning behing Blink 182 lyrics first date ???something everyone in teen ages is going through(except me,sure,I am God)...and I Miss You,Violence or so ...or TNS song by Sum 41 ...and I was kinda joking the last posts but cool that nobody got it ...that just proves that I am God,you got it there,nobody understands me ...
Pwt :devious:
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

So, what do you think will they do another badly auto-tuned/edited album release performance for sum41.com?

I hope not because that was the second biggest fail right after Still Waiting playback on TOTP.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Simon wrote:So, what do you think will they do another badly auto-tuned/edited album release performance for sum41.com?

I hope not because that was the second biggest fail right after Still Waiting playback on TOTP.
Oh god, i have NO idea why Sum 41 agreed to do that performance (TOTP) I mean thats a studio for POP musicians and no band should ever lipsync, i'm glad it was only once.

And the performance you can download on this site? Just listen to the other live show they have here from 2003...i'm going to be honest, Sum 41 sucked live up until the Chuck era.