Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I have half a bottle of JD in my room. I'd drink it right now if it weren't for me having to work tomorrow!
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

Still Waiting wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Cone41

My detox had a short life.I heard from Deryck yesterday that the new album got mastered and is completely done.So I got wasted to celebrate
9 minutes ago via web
Fuck yeah!!1111!!!!!one!!! :glad: :glad:
hooray
THANK FUCK :glad: Now all we need is for them to *accidentally* leak a few songs, iv'e myspace messaged cone alot, but to no success, this just made my day though
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The album could leak any time now until March. I have no integrity in me whatsoever. If it leaks, I'm all over that like butter on toast.

For some reason I keep picturing the album artwork to be like a black and white silent movie with the whole ragtime/Charlie Chaplin thing going on, just by looking at those old cars they were taking photos with. That's assuming they're still going to use those photos for the artwork.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Jeremy Kill wrote:The album could leak any time now until March. I have no integrity in me whatsoever. If it leaks, I'm all over that like butter on toast.

For some reason I keep picturing the album artwork to be like a black and white silent movie with the whole ragtime/Charlie Chaplin thing going on, just by looking at those old cars they were taking photos with. That's assuming they're still going to use those photos for the artwork.
I keep imagining their music video for the piano ballad(if it will get a music video)..
Deryck behind a piano.. in a dark room.. all in black.. still wearing his sunglasses.. and a couple of shots outside of that dark room with Steve, Cone and Tom
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Finally! Now just wait for something new leaks and how much is the probability that we have something new in these days or weeks?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Andros wrote:Finally! Now just wait for something new leaks and how much is the probability that we have something new in these days or weeks?
It would probably be wishful thinking to hope for the 12-minute song being released/leaked this month, but now that the album is complete, there's always a possibility. I wonder if Universal Japan is going to do that 45 second preview of each song again like they did with Underclass Hero? I'm not sure if I'd download that if that were to happen. It kind of ruined Underclass Hero for me.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Andros wrote:Finally! Now just wait for something new leaks and how much is the probability that we have something new in these days or weeks?
It would probably be wishful thinking to hope for the 12-minute song being released/leaked this month, but now that the album is complete, there's always a possibility. I wonder if Universal Japan is going to do that 45 second preview of each song again like they did with Underclass Hero? I'm not sure if I'd download that if that were to happen. It kind of ruined Underclass Hero for me.
Call me insane.. but I would be listening to those previews all day long
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Well Avril's release date was just announced....March 8th
And it appears D's tracks are still on the album
She has a new site theme up as well....come on Island!!!!!!

http://www.avrillavigne.com/
December 7, 2010 – Two years in the making, singer-songwriter Avril Lavigne's fourth studio album, Goodbye Lullaby, will be released by RCA Records on March 8, 2011. Lavigne will debut the first single "What the Hell" on New Year's Eve during "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve."

Lavigne worked with longtime collaborators Deryck Whibley, Evan Taubenfeld and Butch Walker, as well as songwriter/producer Max Martin. Lavigne continues to share her personal experiences through her writing and music, and Goodbye Lullaby is a further evolution of this, propelled by a more raw and organic sound.

Among its upbeat tracks are "What the Hell," an unabashed embrace of fun and freedom, and "Stop Standing There," fueled by an early-‘50s girl-group feel. The album runs the gamut of emotions: Lavigne expresses her gratitude for special people in her life in the rocker "Smile," explores the dynamics of a relationship in "Push," shows her vulnerable side in "Wish You Were Here," and finds the strength to close one chapter of her life and move on to the next in the title track "Goodbye."
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Not much of an Avril Lavigne fan but I'm probably gonna check out 'Goodbye'
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

fenderrocks wrote:Well Avril's release date was just announced....March 8th
And it appears D's tracks are still on the album
She has a new site theme up as well....come on Island!!!!!!

http://www.avrillavigne.com/
December 7, 2010 – Two years in the making, singer-songwriter Avril Lavigne's fourth studio album, Goodbye Lullaby, will be released by RCA Records on March 8, 2011. Lavigne will debut the first single "What the Hell" on New Year's Eve during "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve."

Lavigne worked with longtime collaborators Deryck Whibley, Evan Taubenfeld and Butch Walker, as well as songwriter/producer Max Martin. Lavigne continues to share her personal experiences through her writing and music, and Goodbye Lullaby is a further evolution of this, propelled by a more raw and organic sound.

Among its upbeat tracks are "What the Hell," an unabashed embrace of fun and freedom, and "Stop Standing There," fueled by an early-‘50s girl-group feel. The album runs the gamut of emotions: Lavigne expresses her gratitude for special people in her life in the rocker "Smile," explores the dynamics of a relationship in "Push," shows her vulnerable side in "Wish You Were Here," and finds the strength to close one chapter of her life and move on to the next in the title track "Goodbye."
Well this is interesting. News is coming up fast, first PATD announce their release date and single, now Sum's album is mastered, and now info on Avril. Good things should be happening this month!!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

fenderrocks wrote:And it appears D's tracks are still on the album
Good to hear. Deryck's songwriting is the reason I look forward to this album release.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Call me insane..
You're insane and you belong in an asylum! :silly:

I'm also quite disappointed there's more information on Avril's album in that little blurb than there is in this entire thread about the songs on Screaming Bloody Murder! Though, that might be a tad exaggerated.
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Cone41

My detox had a short life.I heard from Deryck yesterday that the new album got mastered and is completely done.So I got wasted to celebrate
9 minutes ago via web
Yeeehhhaaa! =) I don't drink vodka at all, but now I MUST go and buy a bottle of it to celebrate just like stereotyped russian :devious:

Let's party, guys! =)
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

sumelf wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Cone41

9 minutes ago via web
Yeeehhhaaa! =) I don't drink vodka at all, but now I MUST go and buy a bottle of it to celebrate just like stereotyped russian :devious:

Let's party, guys! =)
I like every drink I've had(I've had a lot) but I think that I'm gonna celebrate it with Jack Daniels
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
sumelf wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Cone41

9 minutes ago via web

Let's party, guys! =)
I like every drink I've had(I've had a lot) but I think that I'm gonna celebrate it with Jack Daniels
Good choice, man
Heather

Post by Heather »

Jeremy Kill wrote: I'm also quite disappointed there's more information on Avril's album in that little blurb than there is in this entire thread about the songs on Screaming Bloody Murder! Though, that might be a tad exaggerated.
I don't think it was an exaggeration
“I pushed myself and didn’t hold back,” Lavigne says of Goodbye Lullaby for which she wrote or co-wrote every song, and wrote and produced two — “4 Real” and “Goodbye” — entirely on her own. “I allowed myself to be vulnerable. I think it’s during the real moments that people can relate the most. Those who have heard the album have had very strong emotional reactions to the songs, so I realized that when something is so real, it will probably touch somebody. The beauty of music is that it’s open to interpretation.”

Written at various stages over the past few years, Goodbye Lullaby is filled with appealingly relatable, heartfelt songs that convey a variety of emotions and reflect a bittersweet mood not generally associated with Lavigne’s best-known tunes. Except for the anthemic first single, the irresistibly feisty “What The Hell” and “Smile,” which create a perfect bridge from her previous work, the remainder of Goodbye Lullaby finds Lavigne exploring what it means to push through the tough times and emerge stronger for it — a theme apparent on songs like “Everybody Hurts,” “Push,” “Remember When,” and “Wish You Were Here.”

“Overall, the album is about how we all go through difficult experiences, whether it’s ending a relationship, losing a job, or just missing someone,” Lavigne says. “We get through it and we grow.” Nowhere is this feeling better expressed than on “Goodbye,” a delicate piano-and-string ballad that closes out the album. “’Goodbye’ is the most raw and vulnerable track I’ve ever written and recorded in my career,” Lavigne says. “It’s a very special song because I wrote and produced it myself. It’s so real and truthful. You can’t fake that.”

Goodbye Lullaby’s intensity is balanced out by its instrumentation: bright, rich textures of acoustic guitar and piano, as well as an orchestra on “Darlin’,” “Remember When,” and “Goodbye.” Through it all, from the upbeat pop tracks to the mellower ballads, Lavigne’s voice is front and center, summoning up and soaring easily through the emotion that her lyrics require.

“This album is all about me being a singer, a songwriter, and a musician,” Lavigne says. “Typically the lead vocal gets buried in the track and you can’t always hear the quality, character, or emotion after a certain point. I wanted my voice to be the main instrument. It forced me to really throw myself out there. I still love rocking out, but I wanted this record to show a different side. That’s why I produced some of the songs myself, which I never thought I’d do.”

For the rest of the album’s tracks, Lavigne turned to her longtime friends and collaborators Evan Taubenfeld and Butch Walker, as well as Max Martin. Another important influence was Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley, who lends his production skills to several tracks, including “Darlin’,” — a song Lavigne wrote at the age of 14. “Whenever I hear ‘Darlin,’ I think of the family room I wrote it in and playing it for my mom,” she says. “So it’s really special for me to have it on the album.”
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Alright so, her albums is more about the break-up than Sum 41's is, right?

Or at least about 'breaking up' in general.
Heather

Post by Heather »

who knows with her. She's acting like two different people the LA bimbo and the mature singer/songwriter. Av has usually written about relationships more than D anyways. I'm happy his songs are on there, but hate that most of it will be about him. And that it will most likely come before SBM, even though D spent a lot of time on it
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Yeah I don't know, I did listen to her songs a couple of years a go. Like with the Under My Skin album, but it didn't go much further.

I'll probably check it out, but I won' freak out if it leaked.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Avril used to be special ...now she is just another one in the crowd
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge