Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by FuckT41182 »

Lars wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:am I the only one who does not need any of the new songs live ??? the album is 5 months away ...it's not that much ...you probably won't even realize and you will be listening to it ...
Well, let me put it this way: I'm glad there will be some changes in the setlist.

Songs like My Direction are imo setlist-fillers. I'd prefer 88 or There's No Solution, for example. Those songs are pretty energetic too, I think.
I didn't express myself clearly ...I don't need to her any songs of SBM live before it's out ...but TNS,88 or Mr Amsterdam or even the least likely - No Reason ...that would be cool
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Hideo_Kuze wrote:they will play a handful of new songs off the new album and someone will record them all in HD quality and put it on youtube, not gonna waste a thought on anything else!!!11

didn't they rehearsed some of the new songs last time they were in Europe? what was the point of that if they don't play any of them in the next 4 or 5 months?

IR will make themselves a whole fucking hell of a lot less popular if they told the sums not to perform any new songs live because they want to push back the album again for no reason.
well they played the entire album during a soundcheck..
It wasn't the whole album it was only 4 songs including Skumfuck, the 12-minute song, and two others...I forget the names of them.
you're talking about another soundcheck

found it! this is what Tomi was told by Tom himself
They played the whole SBM album yesterday in Germany for the soundcheck. Today only half of it in Prague.
not that i don't believe you, but can i get a link to where he said that?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

dbauer91 wrote:not that i don't believe you, but can i get a link to where he said that?
http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... =4&t=12901
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Lars wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:am I the only one who does not need any of the new songs live ??? the album is 5 months away ...it's not that much ...you probably won't even realize and you will be listening to it ...
Well, let me put it this way: I'm glad there will be some changes in the setlist.

Songs like My Direction are imo setlist-fillers. I'd prefer 88 or There's No Solution, for example. Those songs are pretty energetic too, I think.
I didn't express myself clearly ...I don't need to her any songs of SBM live before it's out ...but TNS,88 or Mr Amsterdam or even the least likely - No Reason ...that would be cool
I don't want to hear 88 with tom's guitar tone.. but TNS would be awesome.. I'd like to hear no brains, mr. amsterdam, the jester and count your last blessings too
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

No Brains should be in there for sure.

Instead of during We're All To Blame, they can make a long bridge in this one. I always loved those live No Brains-bridges.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Lars wrote:

I don't want to hear 88 with tom's guitar tone.. but TNS would be awesome.. I'd like to hear no brains, mr. amsterdam, the jester and count your last blessings too
yeah ...I would like to hear Speak of the Devil and CYLB from UH ...then Open Your Eyes and I'm not the one could be awesome ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Lars wrote:

yeah ...I would like to hear Speak of the Devil and CYLB from UH ...then Open Your Eyes and I'm not the one could be awesome ...
I'd go crazy if I heard those but I'm not counting on it..
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Lars wrote:

oh finally I can use some words of Michael Scofield - just have a little faith,bro ;)
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

No Reason would be so brilliant if they would put it on the setlist.

I'd go abs mental !!!

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Shelley41 wrote:No Reason would be so brilliant if they would put it on the setlist.

I'd go abs mental !!!
They stopped playing that cause it was too hard for Derycks voice
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Shelley41 wrote:No Reason would be so brilliant if they would put it on the setlist.

I'd go abs mental !!!
They stopped playing that cause it was too hard for Derycks voice
the only hard part is the beginning ...and Cone is an occasional singer and Tom is a singer ...they could do the beginning ...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

dbauer91 wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Hideo_Kuze wrote:they will play a handful of new songs off the new album and someone will record them all in HD quality and put it on youtube, not gonna waste a thought on anything else!!!11

didn't they rehearsed some of the new songs last time they were in Europe? what was the point of that if they don't play any of them in the next 4 or 5 months?

IR will make themselves a whole fucking hell of a lot less popular if they told the sums not to perform any new songs live because they want to push back the album again for no reason.
It wasn't the whole album it was only 4 songs including Skumfuck, the 12-minute song, and two others...I forget the names of them.
idk, i saw that cip where that lady is talking about what they were playing, and it seemed bs to me. like she seemed to say only the songs that are known and going around the internet. if you have the link, that'd be sick so i could watch it/reexamine it again.
Here's the video where Lex talks about hearing a few of the songs from the new album during soundcheck.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Lars wrote:

oh finally I can use some words of Michael Scofield - just have a little faith,bro ;)

PRISON BREAK FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:

idk, i saw that cip where that lady is talking about what they were playing, and it seemed bs to me. like she seemed to say only the songs that are known and going around the internet. if you have the link, that'd be sick so i could watch it/reexamine it again.
Here's the video where Lex talks about hearing a few of the songs from the new album during soundcheck.

yea thanks man, that's the vid. but legit i think this chick is bogus. she just named shit that was already known at the time.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

dbauer91 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:

yea thanks man, that's the vid. but legit i think this chick is bogus. she just named shit that was already known at the time.
way too detailed to be made up
Last edited by Mitchell on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

who is that and why should i care? i don't believe any of what she said, i could've made that up.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

2712 wrote:who is that
DW_60 wrote:It's Lex http://www.myspace.com/drummerlikestevo32 from the band Shards Of Ice http://www.myspace.com/shardsofice
I don't know why you think she would be lying. Why would anyone go through the trouble of making an elaborate lie about a song?
drummerlikestevo wrote:here are some pics off my phone... for the guys who are hating on me.

drummerlikestevo wrote:
Nic wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:@Lex: Did you think it was better than Jesus of Suburbia? Not that they'd be the same or even comparable, but they're both really long songs. I know it's hard to judge without the vocals present, but musically?
yeah, i don't think i could compare it properly without having heard the vocals.

but, it was definitely more metal sounding than jesus of suburbia. darker than jesus of suburbia.

do you know the breakdown of 88? da-da-da-da da-da-da-da da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da where stevo plays the snare drum, sounding like a machine gun? they did that for a while in the middle.

there were no individual instrument solos. i didn't even hear a guitar solo... i hope it's cause tom didn't play it and just played the rhythm. but there were many cool riffs. including one that was pull the curtain esque, where they were emphasising the off beat or the "and". they also seemed to copy/adapt the syncopated refrain of metallica's battery. da da-da-da da-da (snare crash-crash-crash snare-crash) only did it once though.

there were definitely more feel changes than jesus of suburbia. i just loved it when the song was in 6/8... way more complex than with me was, in that respect. and i think it had a cooler build up. an excellent crescendo which led into a guitar riff for 4 bars or so, then cone and stevo came back in with a bang. just imagine all the feels sum 41 have done: motivation intro, still waiting main riff, in too deep verse, pieces chorus, 88 breakdown, no brains bridge (there seemed to be many bridges), we're all to blame chorus (but on crashes instead of ride), ... and string all that together, but sounding much more progressive than these songs do!

i bet it will be better than jesus of suburbia.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

I have a question about the tour, The tour started today? and that means in the night know the new setlist?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Andros wrote:I have a question about the tour, The tour started today? and that means in the night know the new setlist?
Nope.. it starts wednesday... they arrived in england today though
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

haha, i knew there was someone on the boards that gave up some of that information, but i didn't think they were the same person. its not that i think she's lying, its just i dunno, i'll judge the album when i hear it.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!