Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

pteargriffin
Bunkface

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by pteargriffin »

does this album even have an official release date yet? i think i saw something about december? i don't know, but it's getting a little ridiculous that it's just like no news whatsoever on this whole album
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

pteargriffin wrote:does this album even have an official release date yet? i think i saw something about december? i don't know, but it's getting a little ridiculous that it's just like no news whatsoever on this whole album
December is wrong ...Sum 41 talked about February or March ...but if Justin will hurry up with his new album and IR will jizz their pants then maybe you will have to wait another year ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

FuckT41182 wrote:
pteargriffin wrote:does this album even have an official release date yet? i think i saw something about december? i don't know, but it's getting a little ridiculous that it's just like no news whatsoever on this whole album
December is wrong ...Sum 41 talked about February or March ...but if Justin will hurry up with his new album and IR will jizz their pants then maybe you will have to wait another year ...
that's such bullshit, reminds me of the hellogoodbye with drive thru thing, they have this record, it's all finished, and they just don't do anything with it, so stupid i can't stand it, fuck justin bieber
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

this is just getting ridiculous... when was the last time we actually heard any REAL information? 2/3 months ago? yeah we got a new song early summer but that was only due to a leak, and IR probably got so pissed they accidentally bit off junstin beibers 2 inch dick.
sorry to be rash, but it does make sense. dont get me wrong, i think this is (eventually) gonna be the best sum 41 album yet. i really think if 'bizzy d' wont answer any questions sensibly then maybe it would be better to ask cone. he seems to be a bit more in tune at the moment.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

pteargriffin wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
that's such bullshit, reminds me of the hellogoodbye with drive thru thing, they have this record, it's all finished, and they just don't do anything with it, so stupid i can't stand it, fuck justin bieber
yeah ...If I will ever try to commit suicide in future it will be because of pop music industry ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:this is just getting ridiculous... when was the last time we actually heard any REAL information? 2/3 months ago? yeah we got a new song early summer but that was only due to a leak, and IR probably got so pissed they accidentally bit off junstin beibers 2 inch dick.
sorry to be rash, but it does make sense. dont get me wrong, i think this is (eventually) gonna be the best sum 41 album yet. i really think if 'bizzy d' wont answer any questions sensibly then maybe it would be better to ask cone. he seems to be a bit more in tune at the moment.
I don't think that anybody in Sum 41 can answer our questions ...they seem to know nothing about what's gonna happen to their new album ...
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:this is just getting ridiculous... when was the last time we actually heard any REAL information? 2/3 months ago? yeah we got a new song early summer but that was only due to a leak, and IR probably got so pissed they accidentally bit off junstin beibers 2 inch dick.
I don't think that anybody in Sum 41 can answer our questions ...they seem to know nothing about what's gonna happen to their new album ...
maybe... just maybe... this is some kind of sick revenge joke from IR after they heard the sums are planning on leaving. i wouldnt put it past those assholes to do something like this to REAL musicians.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
maybe... just maybe... this is some kind of sick revenge joke from IR after they heard the sums are planning on leaving. i wouldnt put it past those assholes to do something like this to REAL musicians.
yeah ...it is possible ...but I am not sure ...is IR scared to loose Sum 41 ???when they have all the pop shit ???only if they are scared that those pop stars will fall as Britney Spears or the other ones ...but even if that happened they can still find another one ...but maybe they are just a bunch of vindictive motherfuckers who can't admit that they've been hurting the band ...
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

I messaged cone on myspace and said:

Do you guys have any idea when the new sum 41 album will be out? Still possibly February? Has the label told you when its going to come out?

and he answered:
The label hasn't givin us a date yet but its looking like Feb. or Mar.

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I've been driving extra slow on the highways so I don't get into a car accident and kill myself before listening to the new album.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I've been driving extra slow on the highways so I don't get into a car accident and kill myself before listening to the new album.
:) just yesterday I read an article where was written that a woman with three kids in her car was crashed by a camion ...her car was in a snarl-up ...the camion crashed on her car from behind ...you should throw you driving license away and stay in your house :P
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

PTswim41 wrote:I messaged cone on myspace and said:

Do you guys have any idea when the new sum 41 album will be out? Still possibly February? Has the label told you when its going to come out?

and he answered:
The label hasn't givin us a date yet but its looking like Feb. or Mar.

as much as I'd like for that to be true, somehow I don't see it happening.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Why not?

That seems like a realistic date.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:Okay, I'm seriously going to freak out if we don't at least get a track listing soon.
I asked if he could give us any more titles. I also asked about the "car crash song" the "12 min song", drum sounds, lyrics, album artwork, progression from previous albums, and if they will play new songs on Eastpak. So I'm pretty bummed its been almost a month and nothing back yet.

btw, thanks for the AP scan Jeremy. I was just at the bookstore and didn't pick it up
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

fenderrocks wrote:
Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:Okay, I'm seriously going to freak out if we don't at least get a track listing soon.
I asked if he could give us any more titles. I also asked about the "car crash song" the "12 min song", drum sounds, lyrics, album artwork, progression from previous albums, and if they will play new songs on Eastpak. So I'm pretty bummed its been almost a month and nothing back yet.

btw, thanks for the AP scan Jeremy. I was just at the bookstore and didn't pick it up
I talked to Matt last night. Some things he said:

- Rock radio consultants came to Deryck's and listened to the album and called it "groundbreaking".
- He said the album is a punk version of the Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness mixed with Metallica's Black Album and Does This Look Infected?.
- By far, the best Sum 41 album in his opinion.

Win.
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

Sounds promising.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

you just gave us another reason to be impatient for ...but I don't want you to stop gaining this info :)
btw Matt seems to be as excited about SBS as Mark hoppus about Blink 182 ...
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

That's awesome!

A neutral radio station calling it 'groundbreaking'!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Nic wrote:I talked to Matt last night. Some things he said:

- Rock radio consultants came to Deryck's and listened to the album and called it "groundbreaking".
- He said the album is a punk version of the Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness mixed with Metallica's Black Album and Does This Look Infected?.
- By far, the best Sum 41 album in his opinion.

Win.
Well, news has never sounded better! The anticipation for this album is too much. I have high expectations for it and those things said about SBM is what I was hoping for.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I like the "groundbreaking" comment. I'll re-send the qs, hoping it can peak some interest back before the tour.