Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Mitchell »

soft-punker wrote:Ehh... Deryck should find a better influence. MCR suck.
You liked skumfuk so I see no reason for you to complain about MCR influencing Deryck
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
You liked skumfuk so I see no reason for you to complain about MCR influencing Deryck
True this.

I haven't listened to MCR at all (with the exception of the Black Parade song), so I can't say if they're good or bad. I just dislike their emo look, that's why I've never listened to them. :silly:

But yeah, Skumfuk has a MCR feel to it, which makes it something completely new by the Sums.
Sum 41 has said "this is something we've never done before" for all of their previous albums, but this is the first time I actually think that the new album is going to be something completely different than their previous ones.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:I just dislike their emo look, that's why I've never listened to them. :silly:
you mean it ??? :P have you ever listened to Pink Floyd ??you can miss a lot of good music ....I just find it kind of stupid ...doesn't matter how people dress or if they wear make up ...what matters is who they are

I don't know why but your post reminded me of John Coffey(maybe it's just because I finished reading The Green Mile today)....he was big,black and so nobody really cared if he was innocent or not :D it's funny what can get to my mind by reading a simple sentence(but i can't help it not to say that it is a stupid one) ....
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Yeah, I liked it first, because it was new music from the Sums. But now... I don't like it. I haven't even listened to this song since the middle of july.
FuckT41182 wrote:
in your opinion ...I love MCR ...as musicians and also as people ...Welcome to The Black Parade is fucking epic song ...and there's more ...I can't understand how you can say they suck...they make their music themselves,they enjoy it and they have pretty cool opinions ...and they are also good people ...working with some charities ...

beside,fuck it...it sucks to be me ...I am probably the only fucking person in the world who wants to know the band as people before he starts to listen to them ...and I don't care...I suck..
I have to correct myself; they don't suck, they are just nothing more than average (for me).
Last edited by soft-punker on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

soft-punker wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Yeah, I liked it first, because it was new music from the Sums. But now... I don't like it. I haven't even listened to this song since the middle of july.
I still like it a lot.. I'm stil listening to it multiple times a day.
Matt said it was a deep cut so that clears some things up
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

soft-punker wrote:I have to correct myself; they don't suck, they are just nothing more than average (for me)
sorry if I won't take it seriously ...you're also the one who said that Green Day or BT suck ...we just don't have the same opinion about what good music is ...although I am sure I'd like the bands you listen to ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

TomiT14 wrote:I haven't listened to MCR at all (with the exception of the Black Parade song), so I can't say if they're good or bad. I just dislike their emo look, that's why I've never listened to them. :silly:
Exactly my position. And please don't tell us it's not about looks, because if it wasn't they wouldn't go for it.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Simon wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:I haven't listened to MCR at all (with the exception of the Black Parade song), so I can't say if they're good or bad. I just dislike their emo look, that's why I've never listened to them. :silly:
Exactly my position. And please don't tell us it's not about looks, because if it wasn't they wouldn't go for it.
True. If it wasn't about looks, Sum 41 would have never donned that annoying shirt and tie during the Underclass Hero era. I also didn't delve into MCR right away because of the ridiculous parade outfits. Just recently (like 3 months maybe) I finally listened to the band for their music and Welcome to the Black Parade is a pretty epic song. That album has some decent tracks and I wouldn't be disappointed if Sum 41 went in the same vein as some of those songs.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I guess I'm the only one that listened to them BEFORE 3 Cheers.....
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

Cone M…
05:10
Von: Cone McCaslin <myspace.com/conemccaslin>
An: Andy

Its looking like a release for Feb or Mar. Thats all I know so far.
Andy Jetzt online!
28.09.2010 13:19
Von: Andy <myspace.com/andy_vfb1893>
An: Cone McCaslin

hi cone
any news about:
the new album "screaming bloody murder"?
the 12 minute song?
1. single release?
greetz andy
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Another month added: March! :glad:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Ah, march why the hell not.. it's only 2years behind on schedule..
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

No need to bum yourself out about it, things could be much worse. I'm just happy they are still going somewhere.
- Stevo32

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah ...Blink 182 always knew how to tell the label to fuck off ...I am sorry that Sum 41 can't afford it ...as Blink 182 did during recording TOYPAJ
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:I have to correct myself; they don't suck, they are just nothing more than average (for me)
sorry if I won't take it seriously ...you're also the one who said that Green Day or BT suck ...we just don't have the same opinion about what good music is ...although I am sure I'd like the bands you listen to ...
I'm sure I didn't said that. Green Day and Billy Talent were one of the first bands I started to listen 3 or 4 years ago, and they (+ Sum 41 and Blink-182) are the main reason why I started to listen this kind of music (punk, *core, etc.) So they could do anything in the future, I will always love them. Maybe I said that the NEW GD (AI, 21st CB) or the NEW BT (III) suck, I don't know, but that would make sense. But it's off topic, so... /End/
Last edited by soft-punker on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:yeah ...Blink 182 always knew how to tell the label to fuck off ...I am sorry that Sum 41 can't afford it ...as Blink 182 did during recording TOYPAJ
That's cause blink was MCA's cashcow, from what i heard the success with Enema was what kept MCA going for another 4 years. Sum 41 has never been a cashcow even AKNF "only" sold 2 million copies.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:yeah ...Blink 182 always knew how to tell the label to fuck off ...I am sorry that Sum 41 can't afford it ...as Blink 182 did during recording TOYPAJ
That's cause blink was MCA's cashcow, from what i heard the success with Enema was what kept MCA going for another 4 years. Sum 41 has never been a cashcow even AKNF "only" sold 2 million copies.
I know why it is ...that's why I wrote I am sorry for the way it is ...they should leave that fucking label...
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

Well, I think they are somewhat thankful because their label allowed them to get this big in the first place. You would have to be a lot more than what Sum 41 was at the time to become an internationally acclaimed rock band these days.
- Stevo32

Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:
I know why it is ...that's why I wrote I am sorry for the way it is ...they should leave that fucking label...
Pretty dumb of them to sign such a long record deal.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:
Pretty dumb of them to sign such a long record deal.
yeah ...but maybe they didn't have a choice...or they were just happy that someone wanted to advertise their music and make it all big ...and the times back then IR were not so obsessed by the biggest shit ever made in music industry,were they ? :P