Whatever you want to talk about!
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

9/11/01

Post by Jake »

Everyone knows it was the owners of the empire state that did it.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: 9/11/01

Post by Emil »

Jake! wrote:Everyone knows it was the owners of the empire state that did it.
Sounds reasonable. Still i doubt it.
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

I agree with Jordan. Don't blame it on Bush, I don't know how Bush could possibly have had anything to do with it.

...and also I completely disagree with the building of the mosque at ground zero, and the fact that Obama thinks it's okay is disgusting and a huge bitch-slap to Americans and everyone that unfortunately suffered during the fateful 9/11 attacks. I hope that mosque is not built there, and I don't understand why they can't build it a few cities away, but right by ground zero is just a rude thing to do.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jake »

sumfan4 wrote: ...and also I completely disagree with the building of the mosque at ground zero, and the fact that Obama thinks it's okay is disgusting and a huge bitch-slap to Americans and everyone that unfortunately suffered during the fateful 9/11 attacks. I hope that mosque is not built there, and I don't understand why they can't build it a few cities away, but right by ground zero is just a rude thing to do.
The sooner you get that normal muslims aren't to blame for anything, the sooner your country will begin to mature.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Childish Gambino
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jordan

Post by Childish Gambino »

Jake! wrote:
sumfan4 wrote: ...and also I completely disagree with the building of the mosque at ground zero, and the fact that Obama thinks it's okay is disgusting and a huge bitch-slap to Americans and everyone that unfortunately suffered during the fateful 9/11 attacks. I hope that mosque is not built there, and I don't understand why they can't build it a few cities away, but right by ground zero is just a rude thing to do.
The sooner you get that normal muslims aren't to blame for anything, the sooner your country will begin to mature.
Nobody said they were. It's a matter of sympathy. I don't care if they're the most wholehearted Muslims in the world, or the biggest extremist Muslims, they don't need to be there. This has nothing to do with religion, if the Chinese were to blame for the attack, we'd be furious if they tried to build a Chinese embassy there, as well. It's very easy to criticize us when you haven't had to experience it first hand. If an American hijacked a plane and flew it into the Heron tower, I'm sure you'd be pissed if they wanted to put an American flag store around the corner. It's very easy to call us anti-Semitic, but the truth is that it has nothing to do with religion. The bottom line is, they have every right to build it there, and we have no right to stop them, it just seems like a slap in the face.
Silent in the trees.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jake »

Jordan wrote:
Jake! wrote:
Nobody said they were. It's a matter of sympathy. I don't care if they're the most wholehearted Muslims in the world, or the biggest extremist Muslims, they don't need to be there. This has nothing to do with religion, if the Chinese were to blame for the attack, we'd be furious if they tried to build a Chinese embassy there, as well. It's very easy to criticize us when you haven't had to experience it first hand. If an American hijacked a plane and flew it into the Heron tower, I'm sure you'd be pissed if they wanted to put an American flag store around the corner. It's very easy to call us anti-Semitic, but the truth is that it has nothing to do with religion. The bottom line is, they have every right to build it there, and we have no right to stop them, it just seems like a slap in the face.
Admitedly it is a bit cheeky. But there's no reason to say no to it.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Jake! wrote:
true , but still building a mosque there is disrespectful, it's like building german embassy near auschwitz
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Let's try and keep religion out this people.
[donate][/donate]
CourtneyKiara
First name: Courtney

Post by CourtneyKiara »

I have no words to explain how terrible I feel for the people involved in this, and their families. Regardless of whose fault it was, innocent lives were still lost.

I also don't agree with building anything near Ground Zero, whether it be a mosque or a memorial site. I've been to Ground Zero, and it's a memorial in itself - you see what is not there, and that's more powerful than any tribute could ever be. It's also not worth the controversy or the trouble it would stir up, and it's disrespectful for them to even consider it. This has nothing to do with religion.
Jordan owns me(:

turtlehobopirate
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Minna
Instrument 1: Acoustic Guitar

Post by turtlehobopirate »

CourtneyKiara wrote:I have no words to explain how terrible I feel for the people involved in this, and their families. Regardless of whose fault it was, innocent lives were still lost.

I also don't agree with building anything near Ground Zero, whether it be a mosque or a memorial site. I've been to Ground Zero, and it's a memorial in itself - you see what is not there, and that's more powerful than any tribute could ever be. It's also not worth the controversy or the trouble it would stir up, and it's disrespectful for them to even consider it. This has nothing to do with religion.
I agree whole-heartedly.

Wikipedian Protester

http://xkcd.com/
http://explosm.net/
My masters are Reem and Aaron and they are awesome. My awesome n00b is Gutter Dreams. Don't mess with them.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

CourtneyKiara wrote:I have no words to explain how terrible I feel for the people involved in this, and their families. Regardless of whose fault it was, innocent lives were still lost.

Childish Gambino
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jordan

Post by Childish Gambino »

This girl speaks truth.
Silent in the trees.