Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by SumGeek »

Last night on TV they aired footage from my Warped date (july 9th, toronto ontario) on MuchMusic and one of the VJ's interviewing Deryck asked how the album was coming along and Deryck said it was all mixed and everything. He sounded as if it was done. Really confused because aren't they mixing it right now?
Memoire
First name: Sven

Post by Memoire »

the truth is that there wont be an new album called screaming bloody murder,because they were never in the studio,and - deryck is hannah montana.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Memoire wrote:the truth is that there wont be an new album called screaming bloody murder,because they were never in the studio,and - deryck is hannah montana.
yeah and Cone is Lady Gaga,Stevo is Rihanna and Tom is Justin Bieber ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

FuckT41182 wrote:
DALE wrote:
Nic wrote:
DALE wrote:Didn't management set an aug 31 release date? Steve said it wasn't mixed, and deryck said it was only up to the label to release it... someone's lying, I hate how their treating fans like pawns, it's really disrespectful.

And does anyone else find it ridiculous that it's taken more than 2yrs to make a sum 41 album?

The idea of them playing for an hour on a european tour after they couldn't pull off 30 minute sets on warped tour is going to turn into a disaster.

Also them headlining a tour with nothing to tour under, would mean no-one would show up, they've been off the radar for awhile musically.
You have had 4 posts on this site and they have all been negative. Do you even like Sum 41?
I'm trying to honest, not just having my head up his ass, pretending that i'm not being played.

I've had personal experiences where I 've been lied too, where i've waiting outside for a cancelled concert being given a bullshit lle about him having an "inner ear infection" just to have it conformed later he was too busy partying with then girlfriend paris hilton in california causing him to miss the flight out, so yeah my trust in them went down ALOT, and to see him on tmz club hopping all night with his socialite girlfriend hanna beth while they can't play for a simple 30 minutes on warped tour is insulting to ALL fans.

Also being lied to about to about what really happened in japan, being attacked by 3 unknown attackers, really? they were in a japanese bar attacked by 3 AMERICANS and they didn't know who they were? BS, If he was attacked by 3 mystery men causing him physical harm and loss of revenue due to cancelled warped tour gigs, he would be pressing charges, instead he's trying to save face of getting his ass whooped and naming names of the people who attacked him.

What am I suppose to be positive about? "scumfuck"? cancelled tours? no album? partying?

I can think of one positive their not avenged sevenfold.
you're supposed to be positive about Cone ...He has the same woman for many years ...He's a good boy :winkwink:
Haha, I don't know why, but just the way you said that made me lol.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

SumGeek wrote:Last night on TV they aired footage from my Warped date (july 9th, toronto ontario) on MuchMusic and one of the VJ's interviewing Deryck asked how the album was coming along and Deryck said it was all mixed and everything. He sounded as if it was done. Really confused because aren't they mixing it right now?
was it on MUCH? cause i saw that and he said it had to be mixed yet.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

2712 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:Last night on TV they aired footage from my Warped date (july 9th, toronto ontario) on MuchMusic and one of the VJ's interviewing Deryck asked how the album was coming along and Deryck said it was all mixed and everything. He sounded as if it was done. Really confused because aren't they mixing it right now?
was it on MUCH? cause i saw that and he said it had to be mixed yet.
Yeah, mixing process right now. I just rewatched it after I posted that, sorry.
But everything else is out of their hands cause their done their part with the album.
keefer
First name: Keefe

Post by keefer »

Nic wrote:
DALE wrote:Didn't management set an aug 31 release date? Steve said it wasn't mixed, and deryck said it was only up to the label to release it... someone's lying, I hate how their treating fans like pawns, it's really disrespectful.

And does anyone else find it ridiculous that it's taken more than 2yrs to make a sum 41 album?

The idea of them playing for an hour on a european tour after they couldn't pull off 30 minute sets on warped tour is going to turn into a disaster.

Also them headlining a tour with nothing to tour under, would mean no-one would show up, they've been off the radar for awhile musically.
You have had 4 posts on this site and they have all been negative. Do you even like Sum 41?
fucking owned.
keefer
First name: Keefe

Post by keefer »

In all reality Deryck Whibley is Axl Rose reincarnated? Chinese Democracy = Screaming Bloody Murder, this album just doesn't seem to be on the go at all. It's been pushed back too many times, remember when they said Summer 2010 and that they would play songs on the Warped Tour? Yeah, thirty minutes of my life listening to singles :(
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

sum41-freak wrote:Andy Jetzt online!
An:

* [Cone McCaslin] Cone McCaslin
* [Andy] Andy

Cone M…
06:26
Von: Cone McCaslin <myspace.com/conemccaslin>
An: Andy

It might be a little bit longer. A few songs are still getting mixed then everything has to be mastered. When thats done we can give the 12 min. song.
Andy Jetzt online!
12.08.2010 12:28
Von: Andy <myspace.com/andy_vfb1893>
An: Cone McCaslin

hello cone. When will be the 12 minute song released? all fans are waiting eagerly on the world. in the warped tour interviews early july, you said in the next 2 weeks, but now more than 5 week have passed.
greetzs from a big sum 41 fan from germany
andy
So I'm guessing we won't get the 12 minute song for another month. And what exactly is the process of "mastering"? I don't make music I listen to it and play guitar.
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

There is a lot that goes into this. When you are in a band as successful as Sum 41 has been, you basically are asked by your label to spend x amount of time touring for x single. Bands like Sum 41 are allowed to take time off from their music, because they have made it big, and they have gained quite a bit of money from what they are doing. Sure, it's less beneficial to the fans that are dying to hear new music, but it really is normal for a band to wait 2 or 3 years between albums. It's one thing if you are a small band trying to make it big... I mean, in that scenario you basically HAVE to tour constantly, and you HAVE to make good on just about ANY opportunity to get exposure. Sum 41 has been successful enough to take some time off and sit back and relax.. party if they want do... whatever. Big bands aren't asked to make music, because big bands are able to release a new single every few months when their album drops.. and then they can sit back for a while and take some time off if they want to. Sum 41 hasn't spent the past 2 years creating an album. Sure, they've been writing it for a while, but they obviously haven't been going at it hardcore for that long. They have been taking their time, and they have been touring, and blahblahblah.

DALE wrote: The idea of them playing for an hour on a european tour after they couldn't pull off 30 minute sets on warped tour is going to turn into a disaster.

What makes you say that they couldn't pull off 30 minute sets on warped tour? They did a fine job. In fact, I'm sure most people would say that Sum 41 was one of the tour's main attractions, so you are completely wrong to say that they are "off the radar". Sure, they haven't released new material recently, or a new music video, but it's not like people forget who Sum 41 is. Sum 41 probably still gets people who come up to them and say "HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS WROTE FAT LIP!?!? YOU GUYS ROCK!" Sum 41 doesn't need to market themselves hardcore for people, because they are a big named band. You don't see fansites pop up for bands like I See Stars or In Fear And Faith because they are small names that wont garner much attention on the internet. However, you continue to see people joining and posting everyday on TheresNoSolution.com simply because Sum 41 is a big named band that never really goes "off the radar". As long as they are touring, they are considered on the radar.

I still don't understand what you are trying to say about the warped tour issue. The band really did put on a great show for 30 minutes every night that they played, and although they dropped off at the end, they were still one of Warped's top bands this year. People watched their set every single night. I think it's tough to say that they couldn't sell tickets on a headlining tour, especially after seeing how many people showed up to watch them play at warped.
DALE wrote: I'm trying to honest, not just having my head up his ass, pretending that i'm not being played.
Don't worry, I am being completely honest too with what I say. I don't have my head up any member of Sum 41's ass, and I don't even listen to the music they make. If you want to know my actual statistics, Sum 41 has 82 plays in my iTunes library since April 13, 2009... this is good for 83rd highest played band on my iTunes.

DALE wrote: I've had personal experiences where I 've been lied too, where i've waiting outside for a cancelled concert being given a bullshit lle about him having an "inner ear infection" just to have it confirmed later he was too busy partying with then girlfriend paris hilton in california causing him to miss the flight out, so yeah my trust in them went down ALOT, and to see him on tmz club hopping all night with his socialite girlfriend hanna beth while they can't play for a simple 30 minutes on warped tour is insulting to ALL fans.
Okay, cool. Were you reimbursed for your concert ticket? It's your fault for waiting outside a venue. I have never waited longer than 20 minutes outside of a venue before getting in... and on most occasions, I don't even have to wait outside to get in, because I don't get there 2 hours before the doors open. Concert cancellations happen with every band. I'm sorry Sum 41 cancelled on you, bro. I'm sure they did it just to piss you off and hate them more than you even did before.
DALE wrote: Also being lied to about to about what really happened in japan, being attacked by 3 unknown attackers, really? they were in a japanese bar attacked by 3 AMERICANS and they didn't know who they were? BS, If he was attacked by 3 mystery men causing him physical harm and loss of revenue due to cancelled warped tour gigs, he would be pressing charges, instead he's trying to save face of getting his ass whooped and naming names of the people who attacked him.
What are people supposed to say? Have you ever been successful in anything you've done? If you got your ass handed to you, would you just basically go out and say "hi, I am a drunken idiot in need of rehab"? No, you probably wouldn't. Look at politics. Rarely does a president of the USA come out and say "I fucked up". People covered Deryck's ass. Big deal. Shut up about it. Stop caring about a band's personal issues. Listen to their music, and attend their concerts if you like them enough. You don't know Deryck, and you probably never will, so shut the fuck up and stop acting like you need to know every single detail about his life. The members of Sum 41 are musicians. They aren't perfect people. They are simply musicians that make money doing what they love doing. They aren't out there trying to be your role model, and it sucks that people actually give a fuck about what they do in their personal lives... I just listen to music, personally.
DALE wrote: What am I suppose to be positive about? "scumfuck"? cancelled tours? no album? partying?
If you like "Scumfuck", then be positive about it, and the direction it might sound like Sum 41 might be heading. If you dislike it, then hope that the album sounds different.

It's fairly obvious that Sum 41 is done recording music, and that an album release is happening. When? Who the fuck knows right now... but the point is that it will be released, and maybe the band will come back to your area and not cancel on you this time! YAY!
DALE wrote: I can think of one positive their not avenged sevenfold.
There's something I can agree with. Avenged Sevenfold should probably stop making music soon.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Spoiler: show
Kyle fuckin' owned
[donate][/donate]
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Kyle fuckin' owned
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I find it weird that Deryck isn't involved with the mixing process anymore.

Weren't they mixing together with Alge before they left on Warped Tour?

I always thought Deryck wanted to be part of that process as well, just to make sure it sounds the way he wants it to.

They must have a lot of confidence in this guy.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Avenged Sevenfold rock,I know ...btw I totally agree with the part of the Kyle's post,where he wrote that Sum 41 is big named band ...I have seen Sum 41 in Vienna this year and they were not headlining ...AFI were headliners ...but guess who was enjoying the biggest crowd and atmosphere there ???and Guess who did the best show there ??
SUM 41!!!Even though Story of the Year were totally awesome too ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock41 »

Lars wrote:I find it weird that Deryck isn't involved with the mixing process anymore.

I always thought Deryck wanted to be part of that process as well, just to make sure it sounds the way he wants it to.

or they will get it back and deryeck wont be happy with the mix and take more time off to mix himself ahaha
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Lars wrote:I find it weird that Deryck isn't involved with the mixing process anymore.

you know ...Nowadays,if you want to discuss some thins with other person,you don't need to stand beside him ,,,
sum54184
Bunkface
First name: Hisham

Post by sum54184 »

DALE wrote:
Nic wrote:

I'm trying to honest, not just having my head up his ass, pretending that i'm not being played.

I've had personal experiences where I 've been lied too, where i've waiting outside for a cancelled concert being given a bullshit lle about him having an "inner ear infection" just to have it confirmed later he was too busy partying with then girlfriend paris hilton in california causing him to miss the flight out, so yeah my trust in them went down ALOT, and to see him on tmz club hopping all night with his socialite girlfriend hanna beth while they can't play for a simple 30 minutes on warped tour is insulting to ALL fans.

Also being lied to about to about what really happened in japan, being attacked by 3 unknown attackers, really? they were in a japanese bar attacked by 3 AMERICANS and they didn't know who they were? BS, If he was attacked by 3 mystery men causing him physical harm and loss of revenue due to cancelled warped tour gigs, he would be pressing charges, instead he's trying to save face of getting his ass whooped and naming names of the people who attacked him.

What am I suppose to be positive about? "scumfuck"? cancelled tours? no album? partying?

Btw scumfuck rocks
Dude are you gay ???
I don't know why are you bitching like that if you don't like the new song or their shows then don't listen to them and don't go to their shows .
don't bother yourself coming to their fan site and being a bitch ...
you seem like you don't have any thing better to do so get a life .....
It just a sad song
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

someone wrote a comment on kerrang that Sum 41 were awful live, but said unless was venue or themselves, it's more than likely the venue and their setup, always same, get a shit venue and rubbish setup it sounds bad, like when seen "The Gaslight Anthem" there in June sounded like boombox the place, too much bass, more like damn disco hall, hahaa but they were still great !

the person also said they dick around too much live and that their last album was terrible and waste of their money, I disagree on album part, but I have to agree on dickin' around part, I did feel that last time saw them at Glasgow barrowlands 2007 on Underclass Hero tour, Deryck did have lot banter and talk too much, I do prefer when bands just have the odd jokes but play more music, cos he does talk lot more now than he did before, but still I love him an all guys, It doesn't bother me completely !
Memoire
First name: Sven

Post by Memoire »

stevie486 wrote:someone wrote a comment on kerrang that Sum 41 were awful live, but said unless was venue or themselves, it's more than likely the venue and their setup, always same, get a shit venue and rubbish setup it sounds bad, like when seen "The Gaslight Anthem" there in June sounded like boombox the place, too much bass, more like damn disco hall, hahaa but they were still great !

the person also said they dick around too much live and that their last album was terrible and waste of their money, I disagree on album part, but I have to agree on dickin' around part, I did feel that last time saw them at Glasgow barrowlands 2007 on Underclass Hero tour, Deryck did have lot banter and talk too much, I do prefer when bands just have the odd jokes but play more music, cos he does talk lot more now than he did before, but still I love him an all guys, It doesn't bother me completely !
Actually I agree with that sound thing..i saw them live once,it was this year in may,and the sound really couldve been better.I couldn even hear stevos rap-part at fat lip.

But i cant believe someony thinks that they "dick around too much".I think the special thing of sum 41 is how awesome they play live.They arent just playing,theyre entertaining their fans and involve them into their shows.they have fun at stage and - u can see it.I could listen to deyck calling his fans "motherfuckers" everyday :D

and I have one more point to make:
Underclass Hero roXx.With Me,Walking Disaster,The Jester,Speak Of The Devil.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

DALE wrote:
Nic wrote:

I've had personal experiences where I 've been lied too, where i've waiting outside for a cancelled concert being given a bullshit lle about him having an "inner ear infection" just to have it confirmed later he was too busy partying with then girlfriend paris hilton in california causing him to miss the flight out, so yeah my trust in them went down ALOT, and to see him on tmz club hopping all night with his socialite girlfriend hanna beth while they can't play for a simple 30 minutes on warped tour is insulting to ALL fans.

i agree with this guy ^