Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: The Tan-Tom Thread

Post by Stef »

41salute wrote:Brown Tom was better, I think. It had a kind of ironic tone to it.

He's a good guy for the job, no doubt.

I was watching the HLS DVD yesterday, and for a SPLIT second I was like "who the fuck is that?" when I seen Dave.
I've got one word for you.

Die!

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

still think something like whitenoise would have been better lol
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Or just call him Tom.
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

Emil wrote:Or just call him Tom.
yeah, I don't get this nickname thing anyway. Theres no special need for them imo.
Andyrew004
First name: Andrew
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Andyrew004 »

Yeah what's the story behind Tom getting a nickname?

But tom's a good guitarist, though I actually liked dave's vocals a bit more, tom's voice is alright.

Ps: how come he doesn't use a wireless guitar thing?
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Andyrew004 wrote:Yeah what's the story behind Tom getting a nickname?

But tom's a good guitarist, though I actually liked dave's vocals a bit more, tom's voice is alright.

Brown Tom was christened as a joke really, kind of a tribute to Brownsound but then Sums posted a twitter saying Tom just ain't brown enough so let's call him Tan-Tom.
[donate][/donate]
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite

Post by patenttiftw »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Andyrew004 wrote:Yeah what's the story behind Tom getting a nickname?

Brown Tom was christened as a joke really, kind of a tribute to Brownsound but then Sums posted a twitter saying Tom just ain't brown enough so let's call him Tan-Tom.
Kinda funny how Tom doesn't have any tan either, he's white as snow.
Andyrew004
First name: Andrew
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Andyrew004 »

Haha ah I see now, but does anyone know why he doesn't use a wireless thing for his guitar?
~Andyrew004
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Andyrew004 wrote:Haha ah I see now, but does anyone know why he doesn't use a wireless thing for his guitar?
I dunno. I think he has been on Warped.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

D is still introducing him as BrownTom during the shows..lol
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

fenderrocks wrote:D is still introducing him as BrownTom during the shows..lol
That's because Sum 41's Twitter is NOT a reliable source. Most of those updates go up when the band has been drinking A LOT. They've actively called him Brown Tom since then. The name stuck for some reason, obviously they're not going to randomly change it just because it doesn't really make sense. Seriously, take everything that's said on their Twitter with a grain of salt and wait a few days for their updates to pan out.

The fact that that tweet was taken so seriously here kind of baffles me, actually.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Phili wrote:
That's because Sum 41's Twitter is NOT a reliable source. Most of those updates go up when the band has been drinking A LOT. They've actively called him Brown Tom since then. The name stuck for some reason, obviously they're not going to randomly change it just because it doesn't really make sense. Seriously, take everything that's said on their Twitter with a grain of salt and wait a few days for their updates to pan out.

The fact that that tweet was taken so seriously here kind of baffles me, actually.
Dude.. Your genuinely retarded if you think we took that seriously. Aside from maybe a few of us..

The point is, we know it's a joke, we're just playing along, trying to have a little fun. Don't be so stuck up, and like a foxy lady would, leave your number in a nice pm. <3
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Jake-41 wrote:
Phili wrote:

Dude.. Your genuinely retarded if you think we took that seriously. Aside from maybe a few of us..

The point is, we know it's a joke, we're just playing along, trying to have a little fun. Don't be so stuck up, and like a foxy lady would, leave your number in a nice pm. <3
This.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill
Re: The Brown Tom Thread

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake-41 wrote:
Phili wrote:

Don't talk to Phili that way you n00b!

Besides, if we're going to blame anyone, blame Boni... he changed the thread title. :lol!:
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite

Post by patenttiftw »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Phili wrote:

Besides, if we're going to blame anyone, blame Boni... he changed the thread title. :lol!:
Actually I changed it, as I'm the one who started it.

I'm with Jake on this one tho. I changed it as a joke and thought nobody would take it srzly. Welll I was wrong, as always. The world would be whole lot of better if the name of this thread was "The Tom Thread".

EDIT: kay I did it.
Last edited by patenttiftw on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Phili wrote:

Don't blame Boni, Boni has nothing to do with the name changing except there right now.
[donate][/donate]
Jeremy Kill
Re: The Tom Thread

Post by Jeremy Kill »

patenttiftw wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Phili wrote:

Actually I changed it, as I'm the one who started it.

I'm with Jake on this one tho. I changed it as a joke and thought nobody would take it srzly. Welll I was wrong, as always. The world would be whole lot of better if the name of this thread was "The Tom Thread".

EDIT: kay I did it.
Oh, I missed your post where you said you changed it! Boni pointed it out, so I just assumed he did it. Sorry for falsely selling you out Boni! :sweat:
Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

It's cool bro, *cyber-hugz*
[donate][/donate]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Awe, thanks bud.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Jake-41 wrote:
Phili wrote:

Uh oh... way to start digging your own grave.