Screaming Bloody Murder Out August 31!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Re: Screaming Bloody Murder Out August 31!

Post by Jake-41 »

I read in one of dem der interviews that a single is expected August 31'st. Which is cool, i suppose. Just a little while from now.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Sumfan wrote:What I'm thinking is the album will come out in the fall, to be honest this album seems to have a fall/dark feel. And I think a single of the same name will be out in august.
Pfft, Charley you copier. That's what I said! :geek:

Anyway, if a single really does come out August 31, then we'll have three songs! The 12-minute song should be out sometime late next week I'm guessing. If the label isn't being a bunch of wieners. That's a song that should hold me over for a while.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Anyway, if a single really does come out August 31, then we'll have three songs! The 12-minute song should be out sometime late next week I'm guessing. If the label isn't being a bunch of wieners. That's a song that should hold me over for a while.
Lolz, I'll be interested to see everyone's play counts for the 12-minute song.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Nic wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:Anyway, if a single really does come out August 31, then we'll have three songs! The 12-minute song should be out sometime late next week I'm guessing. If the label isn't being a bunch of wieners. That's a song that should hold me over for a while.
Haha, no kidding. I wonder how long I can even have the song on repeat. I mean, after listening to it twice, a half hour has already gone by! I would never listen to Jesus of Suburbia on repeat, but this is a new Sum 41 song so I might have more energy for it.

I'm going to try and race the world with the first cover of the song. But if it's got some amazing solo, then I'm screwed.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Nic wrote:
I have 93 listens to The Decline and that's 18 minutes.
Susanne
Goon

Post by Susanne »

My enthusiasm just keeps growing and growing. I can't remember the last time I was this stoked about the Sums.

I'm not really a fan of long songs but I'm sure that the 12-minute song will be great just because we're talking about Sum 41 :P
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hopefully they put the song out on a day that I'm off from work!
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

Phili wrote:
Spst. The word "homophobia" is not being thrown around when there's a recognized unpleasant term for homosexual people being used in a negative context. Actually, since it's a slur, the context doesn't really matter.

And since when is having a liberal standpoint a bad thing? Last time I checked, liberals, on the most basic level with no affiliation with any political party, are open-minded and accepting. That is in NO WAY a bad thing.

"You liberals." Christ. On a Sum 41 board? Really? That's kind of shameful.
Sorry, liberals are not open-minded, they just want to jam their BS down everybody's throat like everybody else [this is a generalized statement, of course. There may be exceptions]. I see liberals protesting on an almost weekly basis in uni. I read their posters and flyers. They are sometimes so hypocritical it's unbelievable (and don't say that's just people in Scotland or some shit, unis are filled with peope from all over the world).

Also, I don't listen to any band because of their political/social views, nor do I take on board any of the shite that they talk. I listen to a band because they sound good; the nice blend of sonic frequencies they produce results in the release of serotonin within. (I'm a massive A-F fan but only because they write good tunes)

I'm not conservative either, I just don't take my political views as all or nothing, left or right, etc.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Hopefully they put the song out on a day that I'm off from work!
I kinda hope they announce when it will be up before they put it up.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

41salute wrote:Sorry, liberals are not open-minded, they just want to jam their BS down everybody's throat like everybody else [this is a generalized statement, of course. There may be exceptions]. I see liberals protesting on an almost weekly basis in uni. I read their posters and flyers. They are sometimes so hypocritical it's unbelievable (and don't say that's just people in Scotland or some shit, unis are filled with peope from all over the world).

Also, I don't listen to any band because of their political/social views, nor do I take on board any of the shite that they talk. I listen to a band because they sound good; the nice blend of sonic frequencies they produce results in the release of serotonin within. (I'm a massive A-F fan but only because they write good tunes)

I'm not conservative either, I just don't take my political views as all or nothing, left or right, etc.
You're right, that is a huge generalization. You are speaking to the far left liberals, which I in no way am nor did I say I am NOR does speaking up against hate speech in a very minor way that was turned major by reaction make me one. Remember there is a spectrum. I consider myself to be a bit left of centre. *thumbs up* And I love Scotland. Why you think I would drag your country into this is beyond me.

I'm terrified for the 12-minute song to be honest. Really not sure what to do with that. I've always found long songs kind of pretentious...
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

The american definition of liberal confuses me.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Emil wrote:The american definition of liberal confuses me.
Considering neither of these people debating are american.

+1 there emil.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Phili wrote:I'm terrified for the 12-minute song to be honest. Really not sure what to do with that. I've always found long songs kind of pretentious..
Uh, ok.

But it'll be good. Sum 41 + 12 minutes will = Pure Awesomeness.
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Jake-41 wrote:
Phili wrote:I'm terrified for the 12-minute song to be honest. Really not sure what to do with that. I've always found long songs kind of pretentious..
Uh, ok.

Really? Cause the long UH songs were not that awesome.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Emil wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Uh, ok.

Yeah.... Um, none of those were twelve minutes.
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Jake-41 wrote:
Emil wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Uh, ok.

That's the point. Their four minute songs got boring.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Emil wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Emil wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Uh, ok.

Burn. haha.

But no, With Me was like five minutes long, and it's a great song.
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

Phili wrote: You're right, that is a huge generalization. You are speaking to the far left liberals, which I in no way am nor did I say I am NOR does speaking up against hate speech in a very minor way that was turned major by reaction make me one. Remember there is a spectrum. I consider myself to be a bit left of centre. *thumbs up*
Well, whatever. I don't hate gay people or anything, in fact, I sympathise with them because of all the ACTUAL shit they have to deal with, but all the over-the-top PC-ness pisses me off.
Phili wrote:And I love Scotland. Why you think I would drag your country into this is beyond me.
Sorry. Too much time over at Ultimate-Guitar.com. One time some guy assumed I was on welfare just because I was from Scotland.

BACK TO SUM 41: I want a heavier album. Underclass wasn't bad (some of it is actually amazing), but I kept liking Sum 41 more and more when they kept getting heavier with DTLI? and Chuck. I think the do the "Punk-Metal" thing best.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake-41 wrote:
Emil wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Emil wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Uh, ok.

Burn. haha.

But no, With Me was like five minutes long, and it's a great song.
I think Walking Disaster or Pull the Curtain were better 4-minute songs than With Me, but even those songs had boring parts.

I mean, you'd have to be really unrealistic to not be skeptical that a 12-minute song could potentially get boring... For any band.
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

Jeremy Kill wrote: I mean, you'd have to be really unrealistic to not be skeptical that a 12-minute song could potentially get boring... For any band.
'Swim To The Moon' - Between The Buried And Me... 17:54