Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

spider-man
Hooch

Re: The Sum 41 New Album Thread!

Post by spider-man »

I'm not saying I'm glad this happened, but the album coming out even sooner does sound great to me!
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Simon wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Simon wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:I really don't care if they lied or not, the fact it, it's all speculation and people are going to assume whatever they went, chances are we will never find out the truth
How can you not care about that? I think it would be really interesting to find out what actually happened, why it had to come like this, why it seems so odd and how it may be all makes sense in context. It's curiosity, nothing more.
It's called being different, curiosity isn't one of those things that have a lot of. I really only take an interest in things actually affect me, weather Sum 41 come on tour or not. It doesn't bother me, if they come, good, if they don't then too bad. What you find interesting is different from what I find interesting which I don't think is a bad thing. Even if I heard Stevo was killed or died I wouldn't really take an interest, I'd be sad but I'd get over it, think what you will
Okay then, we think different, no big deal. But if you really didn't care, why did you even join the discussion, trying to get us to stop embracing that curiosity (at least that's the impression I got)? I'm not telling anyone to believe or not believe anything. I'm just sharing my thoughts for the people who like to think about stuff like this. And also, how do you know that none of this affects you in anyway?
I joined the discussion because I wanted to express my opinion, I haven't been trying stop embracing curiosity, I simple added facts to the conversation, added another side to a one-sided argument. I haven't taken a side, I don't know the truth and I'm not going to pretend to know the truth. I simply added comments that can explain these "odd" circumstances. Added a twist to the curious one's mind I'd say.

I know this doesn't affect because I know it doesn't, Sum 41 don't have a direct impact on my life. They haven't cancelled a Glasgow (or Scotland) date. I wasn't planning on going to Europe to see them. When I say affect me I know in a serious way like if my girlfriend died I would care a great deal, if I lost my job, I would care a great deal but a band that cancels a leg of it's tour because the drummer is injured doesn't affect me.

In short, all I am doing it pointing this out that could have happened, just like you and others are pointing out what could have happened. I haven't had such a good discussion in ages so I should thank you right now. All I see myself doing is expanding the scope of people's curiosity because one thing I hate it a one-sided discussion, no one seemed to thinking what if Steveo did get hurt so I decided to jump in. Don't be insulted, I'm just Scottish, we're all a bunch of crabbit bastards anyway up until the weekend!
[donate][/donate]
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Simon wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Simon wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:I really don't care if they lied or not, the fact it, it's all speculation and people are going to assume whatever they went, chances are we will never find out the truth
How can you not care about that? I think it would be really interesting to find out what actually happened, why it had to come like this, why it seems so odd and how it may be all makes sense in context. It's curiosity, nothing more.
It's called being different, curiosity isn't one of those things that have a lot of. I really only take an interest in things actually affect me, weather Sum 41 come on tour or not. It doesn't bother me, if they come, good, if they don't then too bad. What you find interesting is different from what I find interesting which I don't think is a bad thing. Even if I heard Stevo was killed or died I wouldn't really take an interest, I'd be sad but I'd get over it, think what you will
Okay then, we think different, no big deal. But if you really didn't care, why did you even join the discussion, trying to get us to stop embracing that curiosity (at least that's the impression I got)? I'm not telling anyone to believe or not believe anything. I'm just sharing my thoughts for the people who like to think about stuff like this. And also, how do you know that none of this affects you in anyway?
I joined the discussion because I wanted to express my opinion, I haven't been trying stop embracing curiosity, I simple added facts to the conversation, added another side to a one-sided argument. I haven't taken a side, I don't know the truth and I'm not going to pretend to know the truth. I simply added comments that can explain these "odd" circumstances. Added a twist to the curious one's mind I'd say.

I know this doesn't affect because I know it doesn't, Sum 41 don't have a direct impact on my life. They haven't cancelled a Glasgow (or Scotland) date. I wasn't planning on going to Europe to see them. When I say affect me I know in a serious way like if my girlfriend died I would care a great deal, if I lost my job, I would care a great deal but a band that cancels a leg of it's tour because the drummer is injured doesn't affect me.

In short, all I am doing it pointing this out that could have happened, just like you and others are pointing out what could have happened. I haven't had such a good discussion in ages so I should thank you right now. All I see myself doing is expanding the scope of people's curiosity because one thing I hate it a one-sided discussion, no one seemed to thinking what if Steveo did get hurt so I decided to jump in. Don't be insulted, I'm just Scottish, we're all a bunch of crabbit bastards anyway up until the weekend!
That was a great read. Of course I'm not insulted, I like doing this as you can see and I especially like reading posts like these (although this stupid iPhone style that I'm stuck with is really killing me).
I just didn't think it was that one-sided, so it felt like you were taking side against the discussion itself, which didn't make sense. Then I started wondering why that is, which was apparently completely unnecessary, now that I understand what you actually intended. So yeah, that was good.

Oh and by affecting I meant of course something like how it affects your perception of them, may be the music/band itself, or the fans.. or you perception of their music, whatever.. not something like personally devastating that has a direct impact on your life. I was just curious again or may be I care a little too much.. I don't know.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

And that's probably the end of the discussion...
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

blackhawk1105 wrote:And that's probably the end of the discussion...
Not at all! I still want to know what really happened.

What about this new tweet:
“Money is like an arm or a leg - use it or lose it”

Is it there for the "arm" or also for the "money".. or does it mean nothing at all?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

probably Steve with his notorious jokes..the jokes you guys we're missing..
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

rofl. simon and boni, if you guys were americans that would of went so different.

there would of been like 40 uses of the word faggot and at least 2 sentences of "go kill yourself".

i love you guys.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Almost makes it seem like Stevo died or something, haha.
Thanks for posting this! I've been waiting for a new update.
As far as Stevos accident discussion, I'm pretty sure it's kinda over with everyone talking about it here but I am a little late on the discussion so I've read through everyones replies and thoughts and I mean, everyone has a right to jump to conclusions. I don't think theres a truth to anything when it comes to bands. Every story gets changed from time to time, but I feel sort of mixed messages from everything. Although, it's unfortunate if this accident really took place, which is what I would like to believe because you shouldn't joke about an accident, even if it was minor. We'll have to wait and find out I guess.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Sumfan wrote:rofl. simon and boni, if you guys were americans that would of went so different.

there would of been like 40 uses of the word faggot and at least 2 sentences of "go kill yourself".
Like reading YouTube comments! :suicide:

Anyway, I don't care either way what really truly happened, although it is a hell of a lot cooler thinking there's a big conspiracy behind it all in order to get the album done rather than it all being true. I'm still not sure how a broken wrist or whatever prevents you from boarding a plane.

I just can't wait for that new album.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

I don't think they nescessarily meant boarding the plane but just that he can't play so boarding the plane wouldn't make a difference
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I hope this record doesn't turn out like UH, because I was dying to here the new songs live, but they played little of them in their shows.

So now they're saying "we can't wait to play this new shit live", so i Hope they actually will.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

Sumfan wrote:rofl. simon and boni, if you guys were americans that would of went so different.

i love you guys.
Gtfo, you gay or something? Better go kill yourself, faggot.
Mhhhhh, checking... nope nothing .. still not American enough. Damn, I thought I was so close to being totally awesome!
At least that means you can love me all you want. At this point I will happily take anything you have to give - love, your girlfriend, cash, credit cards, gold teeth (why does that remind me of Dave?), returnable bottles, dirt.. Hit me!
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

STD's too?
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

Of course, how could I miss that?
- Stevo32

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

We're going seriously off topic :hehe:
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

I'm not going off topic, I'm going to bed now .. 11:21 AM, fuck yeah!
- Stevo32

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

I woke up a couple of hours ago. finals ftw! NOT!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Lars wrote:I hope this record doesn't turn out like UH, because I was dying to here the new songs live, but they played little of them in their shows.

So now they're saying "we can't wait to play this new shit live", so i Hope they actually will.
Well, when they started touring in 2007, they played UH + one new song in every show.
This year we have heard none so far, which isn't quite what I expected.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

They're playing a lot of the heavier songs lately so I guess UH songs don't really fit in.. except for KOC
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:They're playing a lot of the heavier songs lately so I guess UH songs don't really fit in.. except for KOC
I meant that in 2007, they always played 2 new songs ( = UH songs).
This year we have heard none of the new songs ( = new album songs).

So to say that they didn't play any new songs in 2007 is odd, since they played more new songs then than this year. And I would've expected them to play at least one new song by now.