Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Sum show live stream

Post by TomiT14 »

After the Sum show, they showed the schedule, which showed "Sum 41 Autograph session" at 17:30.
I forgot to watch it, and at 17:50 I tried to tune in but the stream wouldn't load.

Did anyone catch that?
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

I wish i would have. Sounds a bit interesting. Oh well..
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
Lars wrote:Hey!

They played the same song (TNT) right before they got on stage yesterday as well!
Um, they've played TNT at least for 3 years now. :silly:

The bridge in Welcome To Hell was waaaaaay too long. Deryck should've at least talked during it.

I'm counting on you guys. The video was fucking laggy for me, jumping all over the place.
So I hope someone recorded this.
For some reason, that was the first time I heard TNT being played as the intro to their show. All the other times I just assumed it was O Fortuna. But I guess that was just in some of the 2007-2008ish shows.

I agree with you on Welcome to Hell though. I thought something big was going to happen with how long it was being dragged out.

My memory may be foggy, but did they really play one song from Underclass Hero? That being King of Contradiction. I never thought any of the Underclass Hero songs were really any good live to be honest. Except for the one they played today.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

TomiT14 wrote:
Lars wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

They played the same song (TNT) right before they got on stage yesterday as well!
They haven't been in Belgium the last 7 years.
They have never been in Finland, and I've seen them only once before.
So what was the point?

I just meant that it was no surprise they played TNT before the Sums going on stage. They have used the same playlist for years already. Just like it was no surprise they started off with The Hell Song and ended with Fat Lip.
The point is I've never seen it on Youtube or whatsoever.

I watch their songs, not the others.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Anybody else think that was a quick hour? I didn't want it to end.

On a side note, something kept telling me they would pop in a new song. They didn't...
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

TomiT14 wrote:After the Sum show, they showed the schedule, which showed "Sum 41 Autograph session" at 17:30.
I forgot to watch it, and at 17:50 I tried to tune in but the stream wouldn't load.

Did anyone catch that?

I didn't pay attention to the schedule that much, so I didn't see it
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I'm currently converting it, so if it converts ok I'll upload it.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Yayzz!! But im going to bed. So ganite. I think it was worth it.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake-41 wrote:Anybody else think that was a quick hour? I didn't want it to end.
Yeah, it went by really quick. However, probably a good ten minutes was taken up by the talking parts in The Hell Song, We're All to Blame and the extended parts of Welcome to Hell and Makes No Difference.
fenderrocks wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:After the Sum show, they showed the schedule, which showed "Sum 41 Autograph session" at 17:30.

Did anyone catch that?
I didn't pay attention to the schedule that much, so I didn't see it
Yeah, I saw that on the schedule, but I didn't bother to tune in because I didn't think they would film it or anything.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:For some reason, that was the first time I heard TNT being played as the intro to their show. All the other times I just assumed it was O Fortuna. But I guess that was just in some of the 2007-2008ish shows.
By "the playlist", I mean after the warm-up band has left, they start playing some music until the Sums come on stage. This "between-the-bands-playlist" has been the same for years. TNT is the last song of that playlist. So if you go to a Sum-show, and the TNT comes up, you better grab your camera ready to catch the guys to come up on stage. Usually the TNT is followed by either the Chuck Intro, or the Carmina Burana.

But yeah, you're right that usually there's a proper intro between the TNT and the band coming up on stage.
Zell1010
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Zell1010 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

The bridge in Welcome To Hell was waaaaaay too long. Deryck should've at least talked during it.

I'm counting on you guys. The video was fucking laggy for me, jumping all over the place.
So I hope someone recorded this.
For some reason, that was the first time I heard TNT being played as the intro to their show. All the other times I just assumed it was O Fortuna. But I guess that was just in some of the 2007-2008ish shows.

I agree with you on Welcome to Hell though. I thought something big was going to happen with how long it was being dragged out.

My memory may be foggy, but did they really play one song from Underclass Hero? That being King of Contradiction. I never thought any of the Underclass Hero songs were really any good live to be honest. Except for the one they played today.
Yeah it was KoC. I would have thought they would have played Underclass Hero at some point.

Still, it was only an hour set. A very quick hour set too.

Don't expect a new song until the single is out :P
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:Anybody else think that was a quick hour? I didn't want it to end.
Yeah, it went by really quick. However, probably a good ten minutes was taken up by the talking parts in The Hell Song, We're All to Blame and the extended parts of Welcome to Hell and Makes No Difference
I really think they should play more songs instead of having those long bridges or whatever you wanna call them. And i'm kind of surprised they left out Machine Gun.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Emil wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Yeah, it went by really quick. However, probably a good ten minutes was taken up by the talking parts in The Hell Song, We're All to Blame and the extended parts of Welcome to Hell and Makes No Difference
I really think they should play more songs instead of having those long bridges or whatever you wanna call them. And i'm kind of surprised they left out Machine Gun.
I was surprised the lack of UH. And what's so great about My Direction?
I was surprised they still played it in GCY era.

They need a lot more variety in their setlist, especially now when the new songs haven't come in yet.
My Direction has been worn out. Where are No Brains and Mr. Amsterdam from last year? And they haven't played the UH songs which would fit in their more aggressive style (March Of The Dogs, The Jester, Count Your Last Blessings) since the summer of 2007.

If they are ready to sacrifice UH, Walking Disaster and Pieces from their setlists, I think they should mix it up even more.
Last edited by TomiT14 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Thanks For Nothing and I'm Not The One would be cool too

have they ever played Pull the Curtain live?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

fenderrocks wrote:Thanks For Nothing and I'm Not The One would be cool too

Nope, if the UH Live @ Studio session doesn't count.
But they've never played I'm Not The One either.
Heather

Post by Heather »

ok, then yes, they need a new set list..lol. I think with the new songs, they should play older songs they haven't played before or don't normally play. Isn't it true they hadn't played In Too Deep in forever, but brought it back during the Offspring tour, they should mix it up like that more often. Personally I think I'm Not the One would make a good intro song
c4rlsson
Billy Spleen
First name: Bizzy D

Post by c4rlsson »

fenderrocks wrote:Thanks For Nothing and I'm Not The One would be cool too

Well, to bad that Stevo don't really like Thanks For Nothing, imo one of the best Sum 41 songs. Especially on the DVD Sake Bombs and Happy Endings - Live in Tokyo, the only really live version of it.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

c4rlsson wrote:Well, to bad that Stevo don't really like Thanks For Nothing, imo one of the best Sum 41 songs. Especially on the DVD Sake Bombs and Happy Endings - Live in Tokyo, the only really live version of it.
Where have you heard Stevo doesn't like that? Deryck sang his parts live because Stevo didn't like the song?
fenderrocks wrote:ok, then yes, they need a new set list..lol. I think with the new songs, they should play older songs they haven't played before or don't normally play. Isn't it true they hadn't played In Too Deep in forever, but brought it back during the Offspring tour, they should mix it up like that more often. Personally I think I'm Not the One would make a good intro song
In Too Deep has been there except the Chuck/GCY era, because Deryck "didn't like that song anymore".
But still they brought it back for the UH era.

I know Green Day is in a whole different league, but they play 25-28 songs a show. And with all the interactivity with the crowd, the shows usually last about 2h30. In UH era Sums played only 15-18 songs, compared to 19-22 in GCY era. More the songs, more variety could be used from show to show.

So my advice would be make the shows longer and bring back some older, rarely played songs.
And get rid of My Direction already!
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Yeah, I don't get why they play My Direction that much. It's filler!

But hmm, my I tried to converter flv file and it got fucked up. Hmm. Flv files suck cause you can't wind them. I've to think something else.
c4rlsson
Billy Spleen
First name: Bizzy D

Post by c4rlsson »

TomiT14 wrote:
c4rlsson wrote:Well, to bad that Stevo don't really like Thanks For Nothing, imo one of the best Sum 41 songs. Especially on the DVD Sake Bombs and Happy Endings - Live in Tokyo, the only really live version of it.
Where have you heard Stevo doesn't like that? Deryck sang his parts live because Stevo didn't like the song?

I read it somewhere, maybe it wasn't that he didn't like it but it was his least favorite on DTLI? album. Can see if I can find it again.