Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

TOM'S INTERVIEW > SUM 41 FRANCE

Post by DW_60 »

Sum 41 France present:

Hey Amin!
Here's the answers to your questions!

Interview Sum 41 France:
*Aren't you too busy now that you officially play in Sum 41 and Gob ? No problems with timetable ?

It definitely gets to be hectic playing in both bands but I love playing music and playing with both bands so I can deal with the busy schedule. Sum41 tours are usually booked long in advance so it's easy to coordinate schedules. We basically book gob shows around the sum41 schedule.
*Is Dave a good friend ? Did you talked with him since you started playing in Sum 41 ?
Dave's a great guitarist and a great dude. We'll always be friends and be in touch. I'm looking forward to hearing the new music that he's making with the Organ thieves and Brown Brigade.

*Will you sing on the new album ?

As far as I know I won't be doing vocals on the new sum41 record. Deryck will likely be singing all the parts but certainly if he wants me to record some vocals I'll do it.

*Did you take part in the composition ? More precisely the composition of solos and lyrics.

I wrote a song for the sum 41 record and Deryck wrote the lyrics for the song, it's called "Panic Attack" it turned out awesome. The solo is sort of a collaboration of mine and Deryck's ideas. There's also a great song that Cone wrote called "Like everyone else", other than that Deryck wrote the songs.

*Steve said that you play accordion and that you may play an accordion solo in the new album. Deryck said that he isn’t against the idea. So did this happened ?

Haha. I would love to play an accordion part for the album but it hasn't happened. I don't think it will happen but I'll definitely bring my accordion on tour so I can annoy everyone by practicing it all night long.

*Can you tell us about the song “Jessica Kill” ? The title is quite intriguing.

I honestly have no idea what the lyrics are in Jessica Kill. You'll have to ask Deryck about that one.

*What is your favorite album of Sum 41 ?

I think the writing keeps getting better on the sum 41 records. I think out of the existing albums, the songwriting is best on Underclass Hero. My favorite to listen to is probably Does this look infected.

*Do you think that the new one is better ?
I think the new record combines the depth of the writing of Underclass with the cohesive heavy sound of Does this look infected so yeah, I think it will be the best album yet.

*Which songs do you prefer to play, and which ones do you prefer to listen ?

I prefer to play heavier faster songs live just for the raw energy, songs like Still waiting, Mr Amsterdam, No brains. I would probably choose different songs to listen to based on my mood. I think Speak of the devil, Confusion and frustration in modern times and The jester off the last record are great songs to listen to.

*Don’t you worry about the fan’s reaction about your official integration in the band ?

I don't worry about fans being upset about me replacing Dave, I'm really only concerned with playing well and having a good time. The thing is, Dave quit the band and the band continued on kicking ass. The fans don't have anything to complain about. In fact, now they get 2 records instead of one, Sum 41 and Brown Brigade! and when they want a new record why not check out a gob record or Operation MD. There's more sum41 related music now.

*What are the most recurrent reactions that you heard so far ?

Some of the fans have a hard time accepting a new guitarist in Dave's place but once they see me playing live with sum41 they're stoked. They just want to say, "Fuck the new guy!" then they see me playing Dave's solos and they're like, "I guess the new guy's alright after all" Even the most staunch fans eventually come around.

*How does it feel to replace a guitarist and to integrate a band that is famous for almost a decade now ? Aren’t you scared to not be good enough ? (no worries, we think that you're good)

Thanks! Even before I started playing with Sum41 fans were worried that the band wouldn't be able to carry on without Dave. Like they forgot that Deryck, Steve and Cone were great too. So I knew what to expect, that I would be under careful, often irrational scrutiny by fans. I wouldn't have taken it on if I didn't think I could do it. And the guys wouldn't have asked me to play with them unless they knew it would be great. We're not fucking around.

*When are you going to start recording, and how many songs will you record ?

The recording is already underway, the drums are already finished. I think there is around 14 songs.

Thanks to take the time to answer our questions. See you in a show, France is waiting for Sum 41 !

Thanks for spreading the word! See you soon!
Browntom
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Madjid

Re: TOM'S INTERVIEW > SUM 41 FRANCE

Post by Madjid »

Merci poto.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

AWESOME. Thank you. I'm so excited! Both Cone's & Tom's songs are gonna make it on the album?
This sounds great! And a new title too, aah.

I'm really really excited about this album. I just can't wait! I'm dying every day more and more! This made me hyper excited. I'm like a kid in candy store.
c4rlsson
Billy Spleen
First name: Bizzy D

Post by c4rlsson »

Mr Amsterdam and No Brains, I did't know that Sum 41 played thos songs live anymore, good to know.

Other than that, awesome interview by Sum 41 France, love the name of the track that Tom and Cone wrote, think they gonna be killer. Can't wait till the album comes out!!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Cool! More writers this time around, I like it!

And just like Samuel, I'm in full excitement too! :glad:

c4rlsson wrote:Mr Amsterdam and No Brains, I did't know that Sum 41 played thos songs live anymore, good to know.
They played those songs on their last tour. Hopefully they will continue with them!
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Merci !!!
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

great interview, thanks S41France
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Sooo we gotta little list of song names now, Panic Attack, Like Everyone Else, Jessica Kill
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Awesome, thanks for the interview! I like how this album is turning out, incorporating songs written by Cone and Tom, Big Red from November Rain, depth of Underclass Hero, heaviness of Does This Look Infected... It just seems like they're all playing their cards right with this one.
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

finglemaster wrote:Sooo we gotta little list of song names now, Panic Attack, Like Everyone Else, Jessica Kill
1. Intro
2. Black Eyes
3. Sick of Everyone
4. Panic Attack
5. Jessica Kill
6. Like Everyone Else

Six down, eight to go!
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

samueeL wrote:
finglemaster wrote:Sooo we gotta little list of song names now, Panic Attack, Like Everyone Else, Jessica Kill
1. Intro
2. Black Eyes
3. Sick of Everyone
4. Panic Attack
5. Jessica Kill
6. Like Everyone Else

Six down, eight to go!
Skumfuk
Sm Wmat

Awesome titles by the way
Last edited by Jesus Christ Supermarket on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Black Eyes ?
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

DW_60 wrote:Black Eyes ?
It's just a guess. Sounds better than "Neck Eyes"
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

Wow, i wonder what Tom's song gonna sound like. If it's gonna be in the heavier style of Muertos Vivo or more punk sounding like Foot in mouth disease.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

That was a pretty good read, nice to hear that isn't hogging this album like he did with Underclass. I'm really looking forward to this album and I'm one of those fans that has always wanted Brown Tom in the band
[donate][/donate]
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

interesting. thats sweet, I'm really excited :glad:
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

it will be like DTLI?............HOLY CRAP!!! YES!!!!
djeesee
Bunkface

Post by djeesee »

yup.. my pants are full of sweat :ohshiz:
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

^

mine also!...but that's because I just played trapped under ice and dyer's eve by metallica on drums :hehe:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Mulholland '49 wrote:
samueeL wrote:
1. Intro
2. Black Eyes
3. Sick of Everyone
4. Panic Attack
5. Jessica Kill
6. Like Everyone Else

Six down, eight to go!
Skumfuk
Sm Wmat
Skumfuk... Hopefully that song isn't about me (California Scum)! That, "Deryck Whibley Gets Pwned" video on YouTube was just a joke, man, it was just a joooooooke! :ah: