Sum 41 2010 Album Expectations!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Sum 41 2010 Album Expectations!

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

We can talk about our expectations/ or things we would like on the 2010 Sum album?
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Billy41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Koen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: I wish bass

Re: Is there a topic where...

Post by Billy41 »

There is now.

I want something like DTLI
All creds for the Still Waiting sig are for Jeremy!
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

I want MATHIEWFREIRE Sum 41's super fan to play lead guitar, and i want LTS to make a 3 minutes appearance in all of the music videos.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I want same things as Madjid wants, but long time ago I said I wanted it to be something like We're All To Blame, and Deryck actually said it will be something like it!!

I also have this gift that I can actually hear what the new sum sound will be. I've heard some parts of the new songs in my head! They will be amazing! I'm also sure that there is gonna be one track as beautiful as 21 Guns.

Yes, I'm weirdo
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

samueeL wrote:I also have this gift that I can actually hear what the new sum sound will be. I've heard some parts of the new songs in my head! They will be amazing! I'm also sure that there is gonna be one track as beautiful as 21 Guns.
Hey, that's like me! I remember thinking to myself, "Gee, I hope they make a song as beautiful as Good Riddance by Green Day!" Next thing you know, Deryck writes So Long, Goodbye!
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Gunner wrote:
samueeL wrote:I also have this gift that I can actually hear what the new sum sound will be. I've heard some parts of the new songs in my head! They will be amazing! I'm also sure that there is gonna be one track as beautiful as 21 Guns.
Hey, that's like me! I remember thinking to myself, "Gee, I hope they make a song as beautiful as Good Riddance by Green Day!" Next thing you know, Deryck writes So Long, Goodbye!
Pwned.
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Jake
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by upperclasszero »

i hope they go crunkcore...nigga
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

WillySpleen is my n00b
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

In all honesty though, I really hope it turns out as their best album. Heavy, dark, fast, melodic, over 15 tracks, not being comparable to 21st Century Breakdown or any popular album in the past 5 years... these would be the things to describe what I'm hoping from the new album.
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch

I hope it's at least 50 minutes in length (not including b-sides). Deryck has stated he loves the song "Karma Police", so that kind of made me hope their would be some Radiohead influences. (I want them to blow the Green Day, blink-182, MCR music out of their asses too.) 18 songs would be amazing, but 15 should be the minimum. I also want it to be more Punk Rock (If not Alternative Rock) than Pop Punk. I also want more lyrics like We're All To Blame or The Jester instead of lyrics like Dear Father and So Long Goodbye. Most of the songs should be heavy and aggressive and should be a little lengthier than DTLI and Chuck songs. (3-4 minutes) There should be a couple melodic songs like 'Some Say' and 'With Me'. A tiny fucking ripper like 'King of Contradiction'. And a badass intro like the one on Chuck (but maybe a little longer) I really want Deryck to keep his promise about "breaking away from all convention". Be creative. Cone should also have more input on the music. I want to be able to tell Brown Tom is on the band. Let's have some "bitchin solos" like he was talking about. Since Green Day basically repeated their last album, and Blink-182 is going to continue making metrosexual music, this is Sum 41's chance to prove they are better than them, and ultimately don't live under their shadow. MAKE IT YOUR OWN! And for the love of god... don't make it a concept album.

That's pretty much it... (unless I think of something)
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

^ i agree with what you said, except the total length of the album should be no more than 45 minutes. and there should be 13 tracks total (one intro, 12 actual songs(like Chuck)). 60% should be between 3 and 4 minutes, 20% shorter, and 20% longer. and one or two bass solos.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch

Oh I forgot. I also liked those short tunes they put at the end of With Me and Pull the Curtain. I thought those were neat.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

I agree with all that you guys said, but I must add less piano. Not that piano is bad, its really awesome in songs really but I think Deryck outdone the piano in UH, it was there everywhere, and it wasn't that unique. Although the piano in that studio update Deryck gave once was pretty cool, where it starts quiet and becomes all aggressive.
I just hope for a Chuck-like album but like Deryck said... that it'll be all new and different, something we never heard before, cuz all Sums albums are always new and never like the ones before them, so I guess I really want to hear something we never heard from them, I bet it won't be easy but the way Deryck talks about this album, if it is really like how he describes it, it could be really awesome.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: Sum 41 2010 Album Expectations!

Post by Boni »

Moved & Renamed xD

I do hope that this is the Sum 41 album I've been dying for ever since Does This Look Infected? to be honest. Since All Killer No Filler and now my music tastes have really quite changed and I now enjoy metalcore style of music more than I do the whole pop-punk sorts but that's not to say I don't still listen to it.

I really hope that this album is quite heavy and has some great guitar solos in it.
[donate][/donate]
the perfect li e
Billy Spleen

Post by the perfect li e »

Basicly the same thing as you guys said, DTLI or Chuck like Dark agressive, fast yet melodic. Don't know what a concept album would be like if they made it. Some concept albums can turn out great so I don't care eaither way.
As for the piano... Should it be used like in UH no way, but if it's used as an intro or outro or something for a more agressive song I wouldn't mind at all. Also more bass in general would be great. I remember when chuck came out and Moron was the first song when I could actually hear that bass is playing something more than just background and ofcourse the solo in welcome to hell was just amazing. Was hoping for more bass on UH and that hasn't changed since there was none on UH.

EDIT: Oh and also some great guitar solos those on UH were hardly worth mentioning.
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

Pop-Punk can be fun, but face it...the best stuff is decribed using terms and phrases from the following set: {Rock, Metal, Hard, Punk, Technical, Fast, Aggressive, Fucking Quality, Blistering, Fuck Blink 182, Harcore, Protest The Hero, Cocaine For The Ears, Guitar Solo, Double Kicks, Thrash, Distorion, NFG? Hahaha fuck off, Loud}.
Matthewfreire
First name: Matthew

Post by Matthewfreire »

Madjid wrote:I want MATHIEWFREIRE Sum 41's super fan to play lead guitar, and i want LTS to make a 3 minutes appearance in all of the music videos.

i am flattered :blush:
Winton89
Hooch
First name: Conor
360 Gamer Tag: Winton89
PSN ID: DYNAmonkeys
Instrument 1: Your Mom
Instrument 2: My 360 controller

Post by Winton89 »

upperclasszero wrote:nigga
I said that word today and my black friend punched me in the face... we were on our way to KFC :hehe:

I really hope the new album sounds like Chuck, that was my favorite album.
Still Waiting wrote:final countdown is one of the best songs eva written
Wait! I can haz a twitter 0_o
http://twitter.com/Conorcopia

AND a facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/ConorDavidThompson
CHARLEY <3
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Jake

Post by upperclasszero »

Winton89 wrote:
upperclasszero wrote:nigga
I said that word today and my black friend punched me in the face... we were on our way to KFC :hehe:

I really hope the new album sounds like Chuck, that was my favorite album.
lmaooooooo XD
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

WillySpleen is my n00b
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

the perfect li e wrote:Basicly the same thing as you guys said, DTLI or Chuck like Dark agressive, fast yet melodic. Don't know what a concept album would be like if they made it. Some concept albums can turn out great so I don't care eaither way.
As for the piano... Should it be used like in UH no way, but if it's used as an intro or outro or something for a more agressive song I wouldn't mind at all. Also more bass in general would be great. I remember when chuck came out and Moron was the first song when I could actually hear that bass is playing something more than just background and ofcourse the solo in welcome to hell was just amazing. Was hoping for more bass on UH and that hasn't changed since there was none on UH.

EDIT: Oh and also some great guitar solos those on UH were hardly worth mentioning.
I know what you mean. There was a real lack of bass sound in Underclass Hero. The songs just didn't sound as thick as the ones from previous albums.

I agree with the piano. If they're going to use it as much as on Underclass Hero, they should at least hire someone to play the thing live.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by samueeL »

I've listened Chuck a lot lately and damn it's dark album. So if the new album will be Sums "darkest" stuff, I'm gonna jizz in my pants on the boat!