Media for All!!!?

Ask anything about the site here. Chances are you'll get an answer.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter
Media for All!!!?

Post by Peterr »

Okay, obvious TNS has gone down in terms of members and activity. I (even though im so against it) say that we lift the post requirements. It will bring members back, and more will join if we do have it free. Members arnt going to join and post 250 times just for a music video.
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Re: Media for All!!!?

Post by sumfan4 »

I'm a bit confused
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

You're right, no one's going to join and post 250 times just to download a music video. But if that's really all that they want from the site, then we don't need them as a member anyway. Having 250 posts gets you access to all the media you want and there's a shitload on the mainsite when you log in. So to someone who wants 4GB to 5GB of pure Sum 41 media, 250 posts isn't asking a whole lot.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the members worth keeping are the ones that don't join for the media alone.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Gunner wrote:You're right, no one's going to join and post 250 times just to download a music video. But if that's really all that they want from the site, then we don't need them as a member anyway. Having 250 posts gets you access to all the media you want and there's a shitload on the mainsite when you log in. So to someone who wants 4GB to 5GB of pure Sum 41 media, 250 posts isn't asking a whole lot.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the members worth keeping are the ones that don't join for the media alone.
Gotta agree. And TNS will get a lot of new members when new sum album is out!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

New members circa 2010!
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Oh, ok, now I know what's going on.

I was alklowed in the media section when I first joined
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

samueeL wrote:
Gunner wrote:You're right, no one's going to join and post 250 times just to download a music video. But if that's really all that they want from the site, then we don't need them as a member anyway. Having 250 posts gets you access to all the media you want and there's a shitload on the mainsite when you log in. So to someone who wants 4GB to 5GB of pure Sum 41 media, 250 posts isn't asking a whole lot.

Who are you trying to convience?
TNS is obviously dying. Let's change it. People will join and post naturally, just let them have media.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

PTR wrote:
samueeL wrote:

TNS is obviously dying. Let's change it. People will join and post naturally, just let them have media.
It's only dying because the interest of Sum 41 is very low at the moment. No one is Googling "Sum 41" and finding TNS. We thrive on new news of the band. Think about if the band broke up; no one would come to this site. It's pretty much the same when the band lays low to record an album. They're not out and about advertising, doing interviews, doing shows. People stop visiting when the site's not being updated. The site doesn't get updated unless the band is doing things and letting us know. It's just a cycle.

I guess we could trial the free media thing, but I don't think it'll be a drastic change because the site isn't getting much traffic anyway.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

we need to think of something other than reducing the number posts needed to enter the media sections. as Jeremy said, people will join for the media, and not contribute to forum at all.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Gunner wrote:
PTR wrote:
samueeL wrote:

It's only dying because the interest of Sum 41 is very low at the moment. No one is Googling "Sum 41" and finding TNS. We thrive on new news of the band. Think about if the band broke up; no one would come to this site. It's pretty much the same when the band lays low to record an album. They're not out and about advertising, doing interviews, doing shows. People stop visiting when the site's not being updated. The site doesn't get updated unless the band is doing things and letting us know. It's just a cycle.

I guess we could trial the free media thing, but I don't think it'll be a drastic change because the site isn't getting much traffic anyway.
I'm agreeing with these posts I quoted, except Peter's.
Removing the post limits, people will just download free stuff and give nothing back to the community, so what's the point?
Remember, TNS was founded by the time UH the single came out. And we got big in just few days.
I'm sure when the new album comes out, the new fans will find us.

Either way, free media WON'T bring the life back to TNS forums.
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock41 »

maybe have a free trial or free media for limited time

then new members would have more posts by time trials over... and if they leave o well fuck them

if media was free and all they wanted was media they would take and leave anyway so whats the harm
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

Hear me out. We make media free for everyone that joins the site. We get hits/members, some will post just because they're here.
And then Jake takes 4 minutes, sets up a hyperlinkcash account. And ill link up all the media to that.
Jake will get money (every week?) {dollar minimum payout and you need around 1.2k clicks for that}
If we can get that its a win win.

Discuss.