21st CB Discussion

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: 21st CB Discussion

Post by Dylan »

i've only listened to a little bit of it so far, but i really like Horseshoes and Handgrenades and East Jesus Nowhere.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Muttweed182
First name: Benji

Post by Muttweed182 »

I'm tremendously pleased with this album. I came into with American Idiot was my favorite album. I didn't want anything to ever touch it even Green Day. They did it though.

1. Song Of the Century - What a interesting way to start a album. It's really nice and kinda eases the tension for the journey about to start. Sounds like a lullaby

2. 21st Century Breakdown - My one my favorite songs on the album. Starts off quiet and builds. It excites you. Then bam a nice grooving verse and chorus. Then the fast pumping bridge just gets you going. Then with a nice hand waving outro. Excellent song. It doesn't sound like Queen but it sounds like something Queen might write with the Dropkick Murphy's.

3. Know Your Enemy - Not a bad song it's catchy but it gets overshadowed by the greatness of the other songs. It kind of leaves you hanging but it stills gets you rocking. Not bad but my least favorite. Sounds like Clash meets AC/DC

4. !Viva La Gloria! - Now this defiantly starts off interesting. A nice sweet tasty piano and melody backed with a soothing strings section. Then bam fast energetic awesome Green Day come in and make it instantly a classic. The drum roll outro thing at the end was the best. I love this song. Sounds like Coldplay meets....... Green Day lol

5.Before The Lobotomy - Now this one has a fucking sick arrangement. It could be Green Day's most epic song yet. This song is kinda weird but after two listens I understood it more and loved it. I don't know how to describe this song it's unreal.

6.Christan's Inferno - Weird but that's what makes this song memorable. It's like a really pissed off Network meets Kerplunk Green Day. The chorus is defiantly something that gets stuck in my head.

7.Last Night On Earth - This is my favorite Green Day song for a while. It's something I would never expect from them. It's lush gentle beautiful but it's stings...... It's gives me the coldest chills but a nice warmth as well. EXCELLENT work. Sounds like a nice Elton John song.

East Jesus Nowhere - This song deserves to be a single. It's a total anthem. The guitar is memorable. It's a grooving hard rock song that really hits you in your gut hard. Sounds like something Marilyn Manson would write.

Peacemaker - Did I mention I love Green Day experimenting? I LOVE THIS SONG. I love that fact that it's easily memorable but something I would not expect to come from Green Day. I love the drum beat in the chorus especially. I love the Mexican feel

Last Of the American Girls - This song is might be filler but it's good for what it is. It's a nice steady pop rock song. It's something should go over with old fans well. It's got a nice melody too so it's not too forgettable. Sounds like She's a Rebel mixed with Warning (song)

Murder City - This will easily become a fan favorite. It sounds like American Idiot Green Day mixed with Nimrod Green Day. It's easily memorable and will have ya jumping. Nice thing for both groups of fans.

?Viva La Gloria? - This song is fucking epic. It sounds like a Mafia Misery. It's crazy that's the best way I can describe it defiantly another one of my favorites.

Restless Heart Syndrome - Beautiful but sad. It sounds like Beatles meet Queen. Gives me chills.

Horseshoes & Handgrenades - Now this sounds like THE FUCKING WHO! Some nice Foxboro influence in there as well but still sounds like a Green Day song. Defiantly a fist pumping song for concerts I hope.

The Static Age - This song will please old GD fans. It sounds like a David Bowie kind of song. Might be filler but good filler

21 Guns - Defiantly sounds like the next BOBD. The acoustic in the verse is chilling and the melody grabs your attention really well. The chorus is fist raising. It really makes for a nice single that radio will eat up.

American Eulogy - This song starts off kinda weird. But it makes up for that with energy. The "I don't wanna live in the modern world" part really sticks. Mike's singing is a nice touch. He should do Clash covers lol. The song sounds like The Clash meet The Ramones.

See The Light - Could of picked a better closing but this one gets the job done. Sounds like AC/DC meets U2. Actually if you really think about it it's defiantly a nice closer. Leaves a nice hopeful mark I love it.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Muttweed182 wrote:I'm tremendously pleased with this album. I came into with American Idiot was my favorite album. I didn't want anything to ever touch it even Green Day. They did it though.

1. Song Of the Century - What a interesting way to start a album. It's really nice and kinda eases the tension for the journey about to start. Sounds like a lullaby

2. 21st Century Breakdown - My one my favorite songs on the album. Starts off quiet and builds. It excites you. Then bam a nice grooving verse and chorus. Then the fast pumping bridge just gets you going. Then with a nice hand waving outro. Excellent song. It doesn't sound like Queen but it sounds like something Queen might write with the Dropkick Murphy's.

3. Know Your Enemy - Not a bad song it's catchy but it gets overshadowed by the greatness of the other songs. It kind of leaves you hanging but it stills gets you rocking. Not bad but my least favorite. Sounds like Clash meets AC/DC

4. !Viva La Gloria! - Now this defiantly starts off interesting. A nice sweet tasty piano and melody backed with a soothing strings section. Then bam fast energetic awesome Green Day come in and make it instantly a classic. The drum roll outro thing at the end was the best. I love this song. Sounds like Coldplay meets....... Green Day lol

5.Before The Lobotomy - Now this one has a fucking sick arrangement. It could be Green Day's most epic song yet. This song is kinda weird but after two listens I understood it more and loved it. I don't know how to describe this song it's unreal.

6.Christan's Inferno - Weird but that's what makes this song memorable. It's like a really pissed off Network meets Kerplunk Green Day. The chorus is defiantly something that gets stuck in my head.

7.Last Night On Earth - This is my favorite Green Day song for a while. It's something I would never expect from them. It's lush gentle beautiful but it's stings...... It's gives me the coldest chills but a nice warmth as well. EXCELLENT work. Sounds like a nice Elton John song.

East Jesus Nowhere - This song deserves to be a single. It's a total anthem. The guitar is memorable. It's a grooving hard rock song that really hits you in your gut hard. Sounds like something Marilyn Manson would write.

Peacemaker - Did I mention I love Green Day experimenting? I LOVE THIS SONG. I love that fact that it's easily memorable but something I would not expect to come from Green Day. I love the drum beat in the chorus especially. I love the Mexican feel

Last Of the American Girls - This song is might be filler but it's good for what it is. It's a nice steady pop rock song. It's something should go over with old fans well. It's got a nice melody too so it's not too forgettable. Sounds like She's a Rebel mixed with Warning (song)

Murder City - This will easily become a fan favorite. It sounds like American Idiot Green Day mixed with Nimrod Green Day. It's easily memorable and will have ya jumping. Nice thing for both groups of fans.

?Viva La Gloria? - This song is fucking epic. It sounds like a Mafia Misery. It's crazy that's the best way I can describe it defiantly another one of my favorites.

Restless Heart Syndrome - Beautiful but sad. It sounds like Beatles meet Queen. Gives me chills.

Horseshoes & Handgrenades - Now this sounds like THE FUCKING WHO! Some nice Foxboro influence in there as well but still sounds like a Green Day song. Defiantly a fist pumping song for concerts I hope.

The Static Age - This song will please old GD fans. It sounds like a David Bowie kind of song. Might be filler but good filler

21 Guns - Defiantly sounds like the next BOBD. The acoustic in the verse is chilling and the melody grabs your attention really well. The chorus is fist raising. It really makes for a nice single that radio will eat up.

American Eulogy - This song starts off kinda weird. But it makes up for that with energy. The "I don't wanna live in the modern world" part really sticks. Mike's singing is a nice touch. He should do Clash covers lol. The song sounds like The Clash meet The Ramones.

See The Light - Could of picked a better closing but this one gets the job done. Sounds like AC/DC meets U2. Actually if you really think about it it's defiantly a nice closer. Leaves a nice hopeful mark I love it.
At least you give more than "zumjay ers emazang".
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Muttweed182 wrote:I'm tremendously pleased with this album. I came into with American Idiot was my favorite album. I didn't want anything to ever touch it even Green Day. They did it though.

You know, I agree with everything you've just said. Thanks for putting what I've felt into words.
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

My Commentary

Song of The Century-Good intro, sets the tone and style for the whole album.

21st Century Breakdown-I must say, I liked the demos a little more, still a stellar track. I think they overused the opening piano part. It must have been on at least 3 tracks.

Know Your Enemy-Good song, really gets your blood pumping. Too repetitive. It's this album's American Idiot.

Viva La Gloria!-Still trying to figure out the Christian and Gloria deal but a great song nonetheless.

Before the Lobotomy-Very deep. At first I didn't really like it but now it is one of my favorites. It really grew on me.

Christian's Inferno-The album's second most repetitive song but very catchy. Almost sounds like an Anti-Flag song with all of the woah ohs. Just kidding. Fun song.

Last Night On Earth-A beautiful piece. Great lyrics. It made me feel like I was just looking down on the whole world. Amazing.

East Jesus Nowhere-I love the guitar part for this. Very simple yet attractive. Possibly the best song on the album.

Peacemaker-Fun, catchy, something you just wanna sing along to but can't :silly: :happy: .

Last of The American Girls- Probably my least favorite of the album. Good bass line though. It just never really gets going though.

Murder City- Meh, just another Green Day song. Sounds like every other song on Nimrod.

Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)-They probably could have just called it Little Girl. Good track though.

Restless Heart Syndrome-Great, amazing, very clever lyrics. Reminds me of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' by The Beatles. My 2nd favorite of the album.

Horseshoes and Handgrenades- The vocals remind me of The Hives. This song is already underrated. No one's been talking about it. Lots of energy in this one.

The Static Age- Reminds me kinda of AvA(but better).

21 Guns- Cool, catchy. Good one to sing along with. Lyrics remind me kind of Queen. Don't ask.

American Eulogy- Cool idea but just wasn't executed well enough.

See the Light-Good way to end it. Nice mellow track.

Amazing album.
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

I love this album. I don't know if it's just me but I hear a lot of Beatles influence in it. I pre-ordered the limited edition vinyl/cd/digital/booklet thing. I can't wait until it comes.

...a month after the actual release.
Muttweed182

Post by Muttweed182 »

Nic wrote:I love this album. I don't know if it's just me but I hear a lot of Beatles influence in it. I pre-ordered the limited edition vinyl/cd/digital/booklet thing. I can't wait until it comes.

...a month after the actual release.
I hear a lot of Classic Rock influence in general.
Muttweed182

Post by Muttweed182 »

finglemaster wrote:

You know, I agree with everything you've just said. Thanks for putting what I've felt into words.
No problem man my pleasure!
swarley
Billy Spleen
First name: swartholomew
360 Gamer Tag: callmeswarley
PSN ID: callmeswarley
Instrument 1: predictable
Instrument 2: penis
Instrument 3: joke

Post by swarley »

Lyrically, it is very much in the vein of American Idiot. Lots of poetic metaphors. Musically, the album is different than AI. I don't think AI had songs like Peacemaker or ?Viva La Gloria?.
You're your own worst enemy,
Know your enemy.
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
First name: Reem

Post by ReemFTW »

Guys, thanks for the reviews :D
I think I'll just buy it. Sounds pretty amazing, judging from the comments.
*best signature in the world*
Pedro
Resident Skumfuk
n00b: boni/half of sandro

Post by Pedro »

Peacemaker sounds like Misery from Warning.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Thak you for these reviews, I still haven't listened to it yet, I will definately wait ! I listened to 21st century breakdown, know your enemy end the beginning of !viva la gloria!, and it was amazing. But tbh, I didn't fell in love with know your enemy, way too repetitive !
Pedro
Resident Skumfuk
n00b: boni/half of sandro

Post by Pedro »

21st CB and See the Light both have same intros!!
geeinglat
Goon
First name: Geanine

Post by geeinglat »

Da_Aman wrote:Horseshoes and Handgrenades- The vocals remind me of The Hives. This song is already underrated. No one's been talking about it. Lots of energy in this one.
One of my favorites. Reminds me the Foxboro Hot Tubs songs, but it's great.
This song makes me scream.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

American Eulogy reminds me a lot of Deadbeat Holiday. Some parts sound very similar.

My favs so far are Viva La Vidas, Eulogy, East Jesus and 21CB.

:2cool4u:
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

On Know your Enemy. So far, so good.
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

TomiT14 wrote:American Eulogy reminds me a lot of Deadbeat Holiday. Some parts sound very similar.

My favs so far are Viva La Vidas, Eulogy, East Jesus and 21CB.

:2cool4u:
I know you meant gloria. I can't stand Coldplay
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
swarley
Billy Spleen
First name: swartholomew
360 Gamer Tag: callmeswarley
PSN ID: callmeswarley
Instrument 1: predictable
Instrument 2: penis
Instrument 3: joke

Post by swarley »

its my favorite Green day Cd!
You're your own worst enemy,
Know your enemy.
washburn

Post by washburn »

what happened to march of the dogs?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i don't think anyone has mentioned this before, but see the light and 21st century have the exact same beginning. but i think that was purposely done. i love horseshoes and hand grenades.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!