Who doesnt like the Underlcass Hero Era?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

peacock181
Billy Spleen
First name: Ryan

Re: Who doesnt like the Underlcass Hero Era?

Post by peacock181 »

dosent matter :hehe:
Heart Like A Hand Greanade
katrina

Post by katrina »

There last album was not amazing but it did have a few good songs on the album. The album was a big change. Dave wasn't there anymore. Greg wasn't producing the album. They changed the music some what. Deryck produced the album which wasn't the best idea is the world. I think they really needed someone else to do the job.

I would really like it if they some what return to DTLI. I think its there best album to date. I can still listen to the album over and over. Plus I like every song off that album.

Over all I miss there live sound. Dave is a amazing guitar player. Dave was one of the reason that Sum 41 show were good. To me they had one of the best live show ever. Now they have a okay live show nothing special unlike they did with Dave.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

What I don't get is how you all can say the songs sound the same, and maybe they have the same structure, but when I listen to an album such as Does This Look Infected? I hear the same sound for almost all the songs. I think Underclass Hero has a wider variety of sounds, albeit the structures.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
finglemaster wrote:How do all the songs on Underclass Hero sound the same?

for example, King of Contradiction, With Me, March of the Dogs don't sound the same to me
that's a fourth of the album right there
I think it's more of using the same parts rather than the songs actually sounding alike. But the verse melody in March of the Dogs is the same as the first verse melody in Walking Disaster and in Dear Father. The note that's diddled at the beginning in March of the Dogs is diddled in the first verse of Walking Disaster and at the end of Count Your Last Blessings. Tracks 2, 4, 10 and 13 use the same chord progressions.

But I think Deryck did that all on purpose.
katrina

Post by katrina »

I think the may reason why people think the songs sound the same is because of what Cone said in the making of the album. Other then that I don't think people would be talking about it as much as they do now.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Ufff, no..? :D Chord are same and songs sounds same, thats just fact
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

katrina wrote:I think the may reason why people think the songs sound the same is because of what Cone said in the making of the album. Other then that I don't think people would be talking about it as much as they do now.
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
I think it's more of using the same parts rather than the songs actually sounding alike. But the verse melody in March of the Dogs is the same as the first verse melody in Walking Disaster and in Dear Father. The note that's diddled at the beginning in March of the Dogs is diddled in the first verse of Walking Disaster and at the end of Count Your Last Blessings. Tracks 2, 4, 10 and 13 use the same chord progressions.

But I think Deryck did that all on purpose.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

katrina wrote:I think the may reason why people think the songs sound the same is because of what Cone said in the making of the album. Other then that I don't think people would be talking about it as much as they do now.
No actually, Cone just proved our point.
katrina

Post by katrina »

Yeah, but I bet there are people here that would have never said anything about it if Cone had never said it in that video. When Cone had said that someone open up a new thread and everyone was going on about it. So, people most likely went on picking apart ever songs to prove Cones point. Not ours or your point.

But...Yes I do agree with what you said. I had all ready read it before I posted in here.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

katrina wrote:Yeah, but I bet there are people here that would have never said anything about it if Cone had never said it in that video. When Cone had said that someone open up a new thread and everyone was going on about it. So, people most likely went on picking apart ever songs to prove Cones point. Not ours or your point.

But...Yes I do agree with what you said. I had all ready read it before I posted in here.
Okay, I see what you mean. Yeah, I'm sure there's some people that would've defended that until the bitter end if it weren't for Cone saying anything.

I don't know why Dipple cut out those scenes when it aired on Direct TV instead of Stevo's haircut scene. I thought the argument of bass parts was more about the "Making of Underclass Hero" than the latter.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

^

maybe deryck wanted it out so people wouldn't talk about that.....not that it would have made a difference lol.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Maybe Deryck was like all our other albums were pretty good, lets make a bad one and see what happens.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Haha, I guess every band has to have that one "bad album" in their discography. Like Metallica and St. Anger.
peacock181
Billy Spleen

Post by peacock181 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Haha, I guess every band has to have that one "bad album" in their discography. Like Metallica and St. Anger.
hey i like st angers some great riffs there ... they just drag on

as for cone thing

was they not fighting because he sed the bass was the same as guitar he wanted to play higher up the fret board

not that the songs all sound the same
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

well hey, I don't think it's a "bad" album though.......not like st. anger.
peacock181
Billy Spleen

Post by peacock181 »

st anger was diffrent

Uh was diffrent

people like it or dont

this topic could go on forever

ha
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

peacock181 wrote:as for cone thing

was they not fighting because he sed the bass was the same as guitar he wanted to play higher up the fret board

not that the songs all sound the same
Well, the argument was that most of the bass parts were the same, which is why he wanted to play higher up the fret board because it was something different than the other bass parts that were probably already written.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean that Underclass Hero was truly bad, which is why I used the quotations. It just seems to be the album that some veteran fans tend to not enjoy as much as previous works.
peacock181
Billy Spleen

Post by peacock181 »

yeh man

Honest the best album is DTLI

just sounds great

UH also great but diffrent ... but then again all killers great

reach album means somthing diffrent to me
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I was really into UH when it was released but after been reading all these threads about it being AI rip off i can't listebn to it without comparing AI in my head.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Emil wrote:I was really into UH when it was released but after been reading all these threads about it being AI rip off i can't listebn to it without comparing AI in my head.
Yeah, when I first heard the songs from Underclass Hero I thought that the vocal melodies were so original and great, like the chorus to The Jester. Then someone said, "Listen to House of Wolves by My Chemical Romance." And that just ruined the song for me after that.