Glenny41
First name: Glen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano

What Amps Does Deryck Use ?

Post by Glenny41 »

Hey Guys,

I know all around the internet it is littered that Deryck uses Marshall amps, however it never actually specifies what model he uses... also... I’ve seen live concerts where he is distinctly using a mesa/boogie dual rectifier.
you guys know what amp he generally uses to get his heavy metal sound e.g. like the stuff on "Does this look infected" and "Chuck"
Pedro
Resident Skumfuk
n00b: boni/half of sandro

Re: What Amps Does Deryck Use ?

Post by Pedro »

No one knows.
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

Ask him.
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

if you do ask him, make sure you post the details
tomhoppus is my hero.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

he uses his moms vag. gives it that squeel.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

He said it was customized, but that's all I know about it.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1959HW

and something from the marshall vintage series...not sure which.

i know he stopped using the dsl50 and that's why his tone blows.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I guess he also uses or has used a '52 Plexi 100 watt Marshall Head.

You'll have to plug your guitar into three different amps in order to emulate the kind of crunch on the Chuck album.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hey, I guess he answered your question:
Hey this is for deryck,

what amps did you use to get your heavy metal sound on "does this look infected" and "chuck" i know you use marshall mainly but what model and what effects etc...

cheers,

Glenny
asked by Glenny41 on Mar 16, 2009 7:43pm

i've used pretty much the exact same setup on every record starting from all killer to now. it's always been my '59 les paul reissue and a '59 marshall plexi that's been modded to have more gain. i think one of the best ways to hear it on it's own is if you listen to when i start the main riff on nothing on my back off of the all killer record. that's the sound i use on almost every song on every record. but in the past i've used many different amps live like a marshall tsl or diezel amp. but for the past 5 years i've been using my plexi head on tour. it's funny to me when people say the guitar sounds different all the time when it's the exact same setup on the records.
answered by DERYCK on Mar 18, 2009 3:32am
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Jeremy wrote:Hey, I guess he answered your question:
Hey this is for deryck,

what amps did you use to get your heavy metal sound on "does this look infected" and "chuck" i know you use marshall mainly but what model and what effects etc...

cheers,

Glenny
asked by Glenny41 on Mar 16, 2009 7:43pm

i've used pretty much the exact same setup on every record starting from all killer to now. it's always been my '59 les paul reissue and a '59 marshall plexi that's been modded to have more gain. i think one of the best ways to hear it on it's own is if you listen to when i start the main riff on nothing on my back off of the all killer record. that's the sound i use on almost every song on every record. but in the past i've used many different amps live like a marshall tsl or diezel amp. but for the past 5 years i've been using my plexi head on tour. it's funny to me when people say the guitar sounds different all the time when it's the exact same setup on the records.
answered by DERYCK on Mar 18, 2009 3:32am
sorry but that's just retarded. why pay all the cash to give that amp more gain when they sell other marshall models that sound much better and have the perfect amount of gain?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Maybe he's a big fan of this plexi thing. Anyway, weird he says he used it since the All Killer days till now cuz the sound in UH was definitely weaker.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Hentaiman wrote:Maybe he's a big fan of this plexi thing. Anyway, weird he says he used it since the All Killer days till now cuz the sound in UH was definitely weaker.

well that had to do with shitty producing.greg nori knew how to get the right sounds of their amps and shit like that. same with jerry finn. deryck doesnt know what hes doing, hence the fact his guitar isnt even routed to the neck pickup.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

kevin5064 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Maybe he's a big fan of this plexi thing. Anyway, weird he says he used it since the All Killer days till now cuz the sound in UH was definitely weaker.

well that had to do with shitty producing.greg nori knew how to get the right sounds of their amps and shit like that. same with jerry finn. deryck doesnt know what hes doing, hence the fact his guitar isnt even routed to the neck pickup.
have you never played guitar in your life???? the neck guitar pick has nothing to do with it. in fact you get a more edgy hard rock guitar sound when you use the bridge pickup. i took out my neck pickup and put a seymour duncan in the bridge pickup, and it sounds so much better.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

It's unanimous that Dave's a better guitarist than Deryck and even some of his guitars had only one pickup.

http://theresnosolution.com/gallery/dis ... =91&pos=19

http://theresnosolution.com/gallery/dis ... =421&pos=1
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

Jeremy wrote:It's unanimous that Dave's a better guitarist than Deryck and even some of his guitars had only one pickup.

http://theresnosolution.com/gallery/dis ... =91&pos=19

http://theresnosolution.com/gallery/dis ... =421&pos=1
exactly. he didnt take out the neck pickup because it was cute, that pickup is useless.
tomhoppus is my hero.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

d4rkst4r wrote:
kevin5064 wrote:

have you never played guitar in your life???? the neck guitar pick has nothing to do with it. in fact you get a more edgy hard rock guitar sound when you use the bridge pickup. i took out my neck pickup and put a seymour duncan in the bridge pickup, and it sounds so much better.

yeah been playing for 10 years. and most likely have better equipment than you do.

no shit the bridge sounds better, but if you have both why not just leave it switched down to the bridge then later if you are solo'ing or just want a different tone mess around with both?

im just saying why the hell would you have the neck pickup still there if its not even routed? dave removed it because he didnt use it, he didnt render it useless then leave it there.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

kevin5064 wrote:
d4rkst4r wrote:
kevin5064 wrote:

yeah been playing for 10 years. and most likely have better equipment than you do.

no shit the bridge sounds better, but if you have both why not just leave it switched down to the bridge then later if you are solo'ing or just want a different tone mess around with both?

im just saying why the hell would you have the neck pickup still there if its not even routed? dave removed it because he didnt use it, he didnt render it useless then leave it there.
man i dont care if live on daddys plastic wallet, ive been playing 6 years and probably AM better than you.

btw, im really fucking convinced you know more than me despite your first post:
deryck doesnt know what hes doing, hence the fact his guitar isnt even routed to the neck pickup.
producing has absolutely NOTHING do to with a guitar setup. in fact, if your to call yourself a good producer, you should be able to know how to capture the right sound, despite how an artists setups his/her instrument.
tomhoppus is my hero.