so GOB...

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: so GOB...

Post by Hentaiman »

lol yeah weird.

I still like this album very much, btw, but even though i thought Muertos Vivos is their best back then, Foot In Mouth Disease is definitely better!
And World According to Gob is great too, i cant decide if its better than Muertos Vivos though, cuz they are totally different. Muertos Vivos is like freakin' Alternative Metal none the less, while their older stuff are Punk rock and Pop punk.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

How can you not like Muertos Vivos? Like, I cannot understand how you couldn't like it. It's basically the Chuck of Gob albums and NO ONE can dislike Chuck. I think...
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

SociallyInept wrote:How can you not like Muertos Vivos? Like, I cannot understand how you couldn't like it. It's basically the Chuck of Gob albums and NO ONE can dislike Chuck. I think...
Yeah i have to agree, Muertos Vivos in the Chuck of Gob, and its great.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

SociallyInept wrote:How can you not like Muertos Vivos? Like, I cannot understand how you couldn't like it. It's basically the Chuck of Gob albums and NO ONE can dislike Chuck. I think...
i LOVE Chuck.
Chuck was inspirational. it had great musical melody, and yet it was edgy and in-your-face. the lyrics were fucking great.

Muertos Vivos did not strike me as anything but bland. the music was bland and boring. the lyrics were lame and didn't really make sense. and the vocals weren't in-your-face. they were more "hey im here, but you don't have to pay attention if you don't want"
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

NoReason27 wrote:
i LOVE Chuck.
Chuck was inspirational. it had great musical melody, and yet it was edgy and in-your-face. the lyrics were fucking great.

Muertos Vivos did not strike me as anything but bland. the music was bland and boring. the lyrics were lame and didn't really make sense. and the vocals weren't in-your-face. they were more "hey im here, but you don't have to pay attention if you don't want"
I actually thought the lyrics were pretty thought provoking, like Chuck's but as good as Chuck's, and i thought the vocals were pretty much in-your-face, especially in the heavier songs like We're All Dying and Underground.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

NoReason27 wrote:
i LOVE Chuck.

I have to agree with this. As much as I love Gob, Muertos Vivos was full of fillers.
We're All Dying, War Is A Cemetry, Underground and 18 are the only songs I can listen to from start to end.
The rest of the songs are quite boring or lame.
The album doesn't rock from start to end, like Sum 41's albums. It's just couple of good/okay songs with empty spaces filled with quite decent tracks, but nothing special.

Foot In Mouth Disease on the other hand, is a great album. 8)
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals

Post by SociallyInept »

TomiT14 wrote: We're All Dying, War Is A Cemetry, Underground and 18 are the only songs I can listen to from start to end.
+ Open Wounds, Wake Up and Still Feel Nothing. Dead End Love isn't too bad either. The only one's I really dislike are Face the Ashes and About My Summer but the B-Sides completely make up for it.

And the lyrics aren't lame at all. They just take a little thinking. I like them even more then Chuck lyrics now because Deryck tend to reuse lyrics which kind of annoys me. All of Tom's are fresh.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

SociallyInept wrote:
TomiT14 wrote: We're All Dying, War Is A Cemetry, Underground and 18 are the only songs I can listen to from start to end.
+ Open Wounds, Wake Up and Still Feel Nothing. Dead End Love isn't too bad either. The only one's I really dislike are Face the Ashes and About My Summer but the B-Sides completely make up for it.

And the lyrics aren't lame at all. They just take a little thinking. I like them even more then Chuck lyrics now because Deryck tend to reuse lyrics which kind of annoys me. All of Tom's are fresh.
Yeah i have to agree.
and Still Feel Nothing is pretty amazing. Prescription is also pretty cool, although seems kinda out of place.

Although Foot In Mouth Disease is indeed better, Muertos is still a very cool album, and for me its still the Chuck of Gob. I mean, read the lyrics, War Is A Cemetery is amazing.
Sumsound MFZB
First name: Valentino

Post by Sumsound MFZB »

Muertos Vivos is different from the older albums, but it's really cool
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and hate the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

Me and Matty Lewis (Zebrahead)
Photo removed because it is too big. You may contact I See Stars or Jordan if you have questions or comments about this.

Add me----> http://www.myspace.com/sumsound41
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

Gob's pretty much falling apart according to their last gigs. Tom's been dissing the rest of the band "The only thing worth listening to is my vocals", "Someone's gonna loose there jobs over this" etc etc... Hope they're not gonna break up 'cause of Tom being a douche..
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet

Post by Aaron »

If you like Gob, you gotta love Treble Charger
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
hattrick

Post by hattrick »

Patentti, Where are you getting that from? Because I saw them in January and they put on a great show! Tom was nothing but friendly, the band seemed more together than ever... when I was talking to them after they were really cool, so I just cant imagine Tom saying anything like that unless he was joking, because he was pretty sarcastic...
yeahyeahsum41
Bunkface

Post by yeahyeahsum41 »

Da_Aman wrote:If you like Gob, you gotta love Treble Charger
too bad theyre gone
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite

Post by patenttiftw »

hattrick wrote:Patentti, Where are you getting that from? Because I saw them in January and they put on a great show! Tom was nothing but friendly, the band seemed more together than ever... when I was talking to them after they were really cool, so I just cant imagine Tom saying anything like that unless he was joking, because he was pretty sarcastic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDKJyFZ4Fnc
Read the comments, two guys were saying that and I think it's not very sarcastic..
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

I think the only reason Gob would split its only if Tom would join Sum 41 like, as an official member.
hattrick

Post by hattrick »

I agree, I still don't know if I believe what that person commented on youtube, I think it must have been taken out of context because it just seems really out of character, has anyone else here met Tom? Does anyone else think this really doesn't sound like something he would say in seriousness??
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

Patentti wrote:Gob's pretty much falling apart according to their last gigs. Tom's been dissing the rest of the band "The only thing worth listening to is my vocals", "Someone's gonna loose there jobs over this" etc etc... Hope they're not gonna break up 'cause of Tom being a douche..
hopefully they break up then tom can join sum 41 as a fulltime member.
One of a Kind of Something
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

LTS wrote:
Patentti wrote:Gob's pretty much falling apart according to their last gigs. Tom's been dissing the rest of the band "The only thing worth listening to is my vocals", "Someone's gonna loose there jobs over this" etc etc... Hope they're not gonna break up 'cause of Tom being a douche..
hopefully they break up then tom can join sum 41 as a fulltime member.
hopefully your house gets hit by a meterorite and you die!

no, but as cool as tom is, he can't replace dave. he just can't.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
yeahyeahsum41
Bunkface

Post by yeahyeahsum41 »

gob needs to chug out at least one more album
if he ever does join sum 41
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite

Post by patenttiftw »

yeahyeahsum41 wrote:gob needs to chug out at least one more album
if he ever does join sum 41
Theyre propably at least gonna do one more album, Tom says:
When can we expect the next album?
This is our last long tour for a while. We’re planning on putting out another single, but we really want to sit down and start writing for the next album. I’m writing all the time. I may wake up, go for a walk and write something. Anytime I’m idle I’ll write, or pick up a new instrument to learn. I always need a challenge.