Dave's Return!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

spreyye
Bunkface
First name: Henrik

Re: Dave's Return!

Post by spreyye »

Really who knows, It might have been even more between the sums didnt work out than the music, as he said "but the boys haven't contacted me at all to ask." I dont think they will recording together again.. touring guitarrist isnt impossible though. Anyone know if they are planning to keep playing with Tom btw?
The Bitter End
First name: Josh.
n00b: Me.
AKA: El Shredder
360 Gamer Tag: sk8rboi456
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Backing Vocals
Instrument 3: Bass or Drums

Post by The Bitter End »

told me he left because he was fed up with working with management that only care about money.

Also he said in an email after this that he does miss the Sums.
______ __ __ ___ ___ _ _ __
\ _ _ _\ \ \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \_ \ \ /__ \
\______ \ \ \ \ \ _ \ \_ _ \ \ \
_ _ _ _ \ \ \__\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
\_______\ \_______\ \___\ \___\ \_ \ \__\
First name: Henrik

Post by spreyye »

You should post those sources imo :p like the first mail.
The Bitter End

Post by The Bitter End »

Ok I'm not lieng on this. I'm always emailing away at Dave and I assure you he said what I told you. I'm saying their is a possibility of return - it's up to Deryck and that really. Unless Dave contacts the Sums.

Post by LTS »

Don't bash me for comparing this..

but the Sum's situation with dave kind of reminds me of blink-182.

They have to become friends again before they'll get back together.
One of a Kind of Something
BrandonCorey
Ma Poubelle

Post by BrandonCorey »

As much as I love Dave I'm more interested now to see what Deryck is cooking up on his own for this new album.
The Bitter End

Post by The Bitter End »

I think Deryck should actually try once more at having an album without Dave. But Dave should rejoin.. Eventually.. And yeah, I mean we could always ask Deryck just to be friends with Dave again, can't we? Then we might get our slice of cake
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

jotty wrote:Ok guys, this is so awesome!

I've been emailing Dave alot. And I talked to him about returning. He said he will if any of the Sums tell him he can. So we all need to message Sum 41 and/or Operation MD's Myspaces now! If you want Dave to return, anyway.

I expect people to be a dick towards me on this one, I don't know why but I do. So if you can spare the time, message them. Please, this is awesome!
Dude, have you any idea what your doing, you need to seriously stop man. Your fucking with shit, that should be left alone. As much as I would want him to re join, deryck would have have asked him by now. Seriously, not trying to be mean but this idea has been brought up many times and I'm sure Sum 41 has already been aware.
tomhoppus is my hero.
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Jake
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by upperclasszero »

d4rkst4r wrote:

I've been emailing Dave alot. And I talked to him about returning. He said he will if any of the Sums tell him he can. So we all need to message Sum 41 and/or Operation MD's Myspaces now! If you want Dave to return, anyway.

I expect people to be a dick towards me on this one, I don't know why but I do. So if you can spare the time, message them. Please, this is awesome!
Dude, have you any idea what your doing, you need to seriously stop man. Your fucking with shit, that should be left alone. As much as I would want him to re join, deryck would have have asked him by now. Seriously, not trying to be mean but this idea has been brought up many times and I'm sure Sum 41 has already been aware.
agreed
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

WillySpleen is my n00b
xmarryxx
King of Contradiction
First name: marry
n00b: GreenReem41
AKA: marry
Instrument 1: GUITAR FTW
Instrument 2: piano
Instrument 3: bass

Post by xmarryxx »

upperclasszero wrote:
d4rkst4r wrote:

agreed
Jan 22, 2009

cone u r so fucking kool stevo u r fucking bizzyd u r cool too whats your new album called
asked by cone1212 on Jan 21, 2009 5:03pm

Contrary to what you just wrote, I'm not fucking bizzy d. We're just friends. Let's not go and make Cone jealous now...
answered by Stevo on Jan 22, 2009 2:18pm
if you like this Q&A, then you should read my story:
http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... =25&t=5382

UPDATED!

Still Waiting is my amazing master

GreenReem41 and Sara41 are my awsome noobs
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

xmarryxx wrote:
upperclasszero wrote:
d4rkst4r wrote:

agreed
One of a Kind of Something
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim

Post by Shiv »

LTS wrote:Don't bash me for comparing this..

but the Sum's situation with dave kind of reminds me of blink-182.

They have to become friends again before they'll get back together.
i agree with u man
:fro:
like... they're already become friends tho
why else would they guest invite him to play in pain for pleasure?

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Max wrote:Fuck it! Bring Dave back! Even if he supposedly just wrote the solos (but personally I believe he did more) then bring him back for that..

Dave is awesome.
I asked Dave on Facebook about his involvement with the last two albums before he left (Infected and Chuck) and what Deryck said about it and he said, "Yeah, it kinda sucks because I had a lot of input."

And really, if you look at songs like The Bitter End, it's hard to see Deryck coming up with that whole song note for note and just have Dave writing the solo. Actually, there's an interview with Dave where he says both him and Deryck worked on The Bitter End. It ended up sounding too much like Battery, so they changed the riffs a bit and made it a tribute.
Shiv wrote:why else would they guest invite him to play in pain for pleasure?
I'm not really sure, I don't know the whole story, but I think Dave surprised them at that show. It wasn't a planned event. I remember Deryck talking about it somewhere that all of a sudden Dave joined the stage with his guitar while Pain for Pleasure was starting.
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim

Post by Shiv »

Jeremy wrote:
Shiv wrote:why else would they guest invite him to play in pain for pleasure?
I'm not really sure, I don't know the whole story, but I think Dave surprised them at that show. It wasn't a planned event. I remember Deryck talking about it somewhere that all of a sudden Dave joined the stage with his guitar while Pain for Pleasure was starting.
im just saying that they are close enough friends for that to happen, which is a good thing :2cool4u:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Jeremy wrote:
Max wrote:Fuck it! Bring Dave back! Even if he supposedly just wrote the solos (but personally I believe he did more) then bring him back for that..

Dave is awesome.
I asked Dave on Facebook about his involvement with the last two albums before he left (Infected and Chuck) and what Deryck said about it and he said, "Yeah, it kinda sucks because I had a lot of input."
Yeah in some of the earliest interviews he did after leaving he said that he started to think about leavig when they did the first demos for Chuck.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, yeah, I think they are friends and Deryck said on that forum thing where he talked about the EP and all, that Dave surprised them at this show when he joined them in Pain for Pleasure.

About Dave's email to you, jotty, I don't really think he might he talking about rejoining the band here, just maybe contributing some lead guitar or solos to the new album, which could be really cool too, for having him just like a guest and all.

Yeah, I don't think he will rejoin the band now anytime soon, but definitely in the future. Plus, I'm really excited to see how Deryck makes a DTLI and Chuck-like album on his own? I mean, i think we all want to see how a dark and heavy album with only Deryck responsible for the guitars will work out.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, I don't think he will rejoin the band now anytime soon, but definitely in the future. Plus, I'm really excited to see how Deryck makes a DTLI and Chuck-like album on his own? I mean, i think we all want to see how a dark and heavy album with only Deryck responsible for the guitars will work out.
Yeah, I would actually want to hear what this album will sound like without any of Dave's influence. This is going to be the first time Deryck is writing a darker album without thinking "Would Dave like to play this?"
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

182sins wrote:I'd be happy too, but it seems Deryck really loves what he does, so I don't think he wants dave to come back. But, anyway, that would be amazing !
Yeah, I think Deryck likes it more now since he can write what he wants without thinking of what everybody else is thinking about (playing) it.

What I would suggest is to bring Dave in as a touring member. Thatcher is on fire with his own band so no need to interupt him, and Dave might be interested to join the Sums again. But if Dave would join as a touring member, Deryck could keep writing what he wants (at least for this upcoming record) and Dave could concentrate on playing live. If everything goes well, then Dave could become a full-time member, but that's their call.

Bringing Dave in as a full-timer right now would be slap in the Deryck's face. Bizzy has written lots of songs for the upcoming record and is planning to play them himself the way he wants. If Dave comes in, the outcome might not be as perfect as Deryck has imagined it to be, and that might lead to "creative differences", which might not be so good right at the start.

I'm just writing what I'm thinking. What I mean is that IMO, don't bring Dave in (as a full-timer) yet, since Deryck has been so creative so far that it's unnecessary to mix his setups. Let them finish the album/EP first, then start thinking about different options.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, I also would like to see Dave back there but only after this album will be ready. For the next one maybe, unless somehow amazingly this new album becomes a more kick punk/metal record than both DTLi and Chuck and better than any of the stuff with Dave hahaha (yeah right haha).

But Dave doing a guest solo or two on the album could be still cool. They should call him.
The Bitter End

Post by The Bitter End »

Meh fair enough. Dave says he's fine where he is now but I definately think he's EVENTUALLY going to return. I mean, I would, if I missed my old band that much.