Sum 41 #9 on Much Top Ten Train Wrecks (WHAT?!)

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: Sum 41 #9 on Much Top Ten Train Wrecks (WHAT?!)

Post by HilgaMan »

WTF!? This sucks a big cock. This must have been messed up somehow...
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

That is fucked up....
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Quite ridiculous
lindsey_jocz

Post by lindsey_jocz »

All that being said.....the fact that Much Music hasn't forgotten about them entirely, and is actually still airing footage of them, be it bad or not, is some sort of positive........
stu
First name: Stuart (prefer Stu)

Post by stu »

lindsey_jocz wrote:All that being said.....the fact that Much Music hasn't forgotten about them entirely, and is actually still airing footage of them, be it bad or not, is some sort of positive........
:agreed:
stephaniekm
First name: Stephanie K

Post by stephaniekm »

Wouldnt a train wreck be defined as being number one to gone completely, like dropped off the face of the earth ?
Sum41 are still making music... also when i think train wreck I think drugs, alleys and .. Amy Whinehouse's scabby face haha .. No deal muchmusic.
Still Waiting wrote:
hardcoresum41fan wrote:
CIRCUITzach wrote:mily cyrus sucks wine house is an addict sum 41 are rolde models they should be numero uno
miley cyrus is only good at making retarded myspace photos

go ahead...google it :shock:
she not even good at it
Haha oh god her pictures are hilarious, you would think being that "big" at the moment and having your picture snapped every hour of the day by other people you wouldn't need to take your own photos...
My personal favorite is her in the shower in a white teeshirt trying to look sexy hahaha
"In some ways I love everything. It’s less…less of a thing than like, less distinct, less particular. I like things that I like, but I love everything. There’s more choice in like, because even the worse things have things to love in them."
Winton89
Hooch
First name: Conor
360 Gamer Tag: Winton89
PSN ID: DYNAmonkeys
Instrument 1: Your Mom
Instrument 2: My 360 controller

Post by Winton89 »

Wait, Sum 41's "With Me" was like #9 on MTV's top 10 or something, and dident they get nominated for best rock Video of the year at the MMVA (MUCH MUSIC Video Awards) only to lose to hedley (I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH THAT!!!) I think that them being on the top ten train wrecks is a joke!!!
hardcoresum41fan wrote:
CIRCUITzach wrote:mily cyrus sucks wine house is an addict sum 41 are rolde models they should be numero uno
miley cyrus is only good at making retarded myspace photos

go ahead...google it :shock:
I have :winkwink:
Still Waiting wrote:final countdown is one of the best songs eva written
Wait! I can haz a twitter 0_o
http://twitter.com/Conorcopia

AND a facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/ConorDavidThompson
CHARLEY <3
ImNotThe0ne
First name: Luke

Post by ImNotThe0ne »

lol never on a sum 41 forum did i think i would read about miley virus.....touche
The constant pressure that keeps hangin over me
It makes me feel so empty
Its more than anythin that i could ever be
What else could you take from me

d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

sum 41 losing to hedley is the biggest train wreck.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen
First name: Kelby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Kelbunk »

...Sum 41 is equal or greater to the amount of not a trainwreck...I may not like some of the songs on underclass hero as much as some on other albums, but i still like them all, and feel more of a connection to the deeper, more personal lyrical style deryck is taking with his songs...wtf in the news for all the wrong reasons...the last i've seen them in the news is cone's wedding and yeah...you cant say sum 41 is in the news for all the wrong reasons and not people like brittany and everyone like that. Its bogus. Full-on.

I am HEM's n00b....rad.
twistednightmare

Post by twistednightmare »

In a way I kind of agree with this (not that their are a train wreck). But lets just say their not so much the "talked about" band they once were back in their hay day. I know all bands have to change and go through the process but many bands manage to change yet stay big. It's a shame because it's not like their becoming a nostalgia act but many people's opinions on Underclass Hero if you look around and you'll find that people aren't as into them as they maybe once were, unlike All Killer No Filler and Does This Look Infected. People may have liked a couple of the tracks but they just weren't creating that excitement and or the buzz they once had. I do have a liking to the band and enjoy their music when I'm in the mood for it, but to I feel when it came to it that they were faced with either breaking up for good, or giving it one last go to see what they have left in them. It's like they were trying to hard in a way to bring people back into them because they had been a way for over a year or more, and I think people well would have thought that's it from them they must have packed in.
What are other people's opinions on this? I know this may start a bitter war of words and different sided opinions, but I'm interested.
Last edited by twistednightmare on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

much music think sum has lost their spark period. hence why they call them train wrecks. they think they're are "old news". so what if they're not as "talked about" as they used to be?
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

The album was DEFINITELY not called Introduction to Destruction, twistednightmare. lmao.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
twistednightmare

Sorry about that, I just forgot I guess lol. But what are other people's opinions on what I said?
Last edited by twistednightmare on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen
First name: Kelby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Kelbunk »

Too many people are into all the rap songs and pop and such, so stations like much just play the crap that so many people wanna hear while many more better bands (such as sum 41) get the shaft...I wouldn't say that it's just sum 41 thats not as popular as they used to be, but almost even the whole punk rock genre. It seems on the radio and such for every 1 song you hear by a punk or rock artist there are about 10 that are rap or another song from like brittany or something that sounds exactly the damn same as the last one. It sucks.

I am HEM's n00b....rad.
Winton89
Hooch
First name: Conor
360 Gamer Tag: Winton89
PSN ID: DYNAmonkeys
Instrument 1: Your Mom
Instrument 2: My 360 controller

Post by Winton89 »

Shibby41 wrote:Too many people are into all the rap songs and pop and such, so stations like much just play the crap that so many people wanna hear while many more better bands (such as sum 41) get the shaft...I wouldn't say that it's just sum 41 thats not as popular as they used to be, but almost even the whole punk rock genre. It seems on the radio and such for every 1 song you hear by a punk or rock artist there are about 10 that are rap or another song from like brittany or something that sounds exactly the damn same as the last one. It sucks.
Ya but that's what radio stations do, they play the music everyone want to hear, In my mind Sum 41 is not a train wreck cause the young people (In my mind 10-16) of today dont like them or even know who they are, there are still many many followers of Sum 41. Trust me when they make a new album more people will notice them, hopefully they'll get noticed by the young people and get back on the radio staions.
Still Waiting wrote:final countdown is one of the best songs eva written
Wait! I can haz a twitter 0_o
http://twitter.com/Conorcopia

AND a facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/ConorDavidThompson
CHARLEY <3
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

twistednightmare wrote:Sorry about that, I just forgot I guess lo. But what are other people's opinions on what I said?
I agree with some of what you said. If not, all because when I first listened to Underclass Hero (the song) I could feel that they wanted to get back to the top. The accompanying music video only solidified my suspicions. So much of it was related to Fat Lip. Teenage rebellion, non-conformity, high energy... the music videos were virtually the same; band performs amongst a group of people while antics go about.

I think Sum 41 should write music that they would like to listen to. Underclass Hero is probably the least original of all their albums. And in the Making of Underclass Hero I remember Stevo saying that the album wasn't exactly what the band was in terms of their "taste" but how far they came as a band. So I believe there's still hope that Sum 41 won't continue down the current road with the sound of Underclass Hero.
twistednightmare

It's good that some of shared some of your opinions on the matter and agreed with me on mine. I don't think Sum 41 are the only band to suffer such a backlash. It seems that whenever (some) band's come off the road from an album that brought them everything and they take a seat back to relax, they almost seem to be forgotten about, people start to question if they are still around and think to themselves that they will never create a masterpiece like their last release. So in turn they pretty much get tosses aside, and so the band has to fight for their own survival and to prove that they still "the same band they always were" and to come back on top.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

It just sucks because it seemed like there was a lot riding on Underclass Hero. It was played up so much as "the best work of all of Sum 41's albums" and the "return of the classic Sum 41" that the fans probably expected to have the same feeling they got when they listened to All Killer. Plus with Dave and the old management gone, the band had a lot to prove, musically and commercially.
Rocket41
Billy Spleen
First name: Taylor

Post by Rocket41 »

Amy Winehouse needs to be much higher than #10