Sum 41's Next Album

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Re: Sum 41's Next Album

Post by cool kids »

more varitey with the album all the songs seem to sound the same musicaly on UH i like the lyrics though. maybe they should get a producer besides deryck. and definitely bring the edge back like dtli?
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
twistednightmare

Post by twistednightmare »

I enjoyed Underclass Hero but compared to their previous albums it didn't have that spark or real anthemic sound that their previous album had, also Underclass Hero didn't create an impact on people like say AKNF had. I hope the new album will be diverse in that different sounds from the guitars and drums because I didn't particularly like the sound of the drums or the guitars very much on Underclass Hero. As well rather than trying to hard to go back to their roots they could could go in follow a similar style as they did with DTLI or Chuck which I think would be great, what does everyone else think?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to go backwards. Sum 41 should've kept moving in the same direction, but make small changes along the way (i.e. Chuck follow-up still musically interesting, but happier). But Deryck really sacrificed the guitar sound in Underclass Hero, which didn't do the band much good.
ivankepko

Post by ivankepko »

Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum... wrote:Discuss you hopes and expectations for the next Sum 41 album , in every aspect : song writing , music , producing , cover design ......

I'd really like it if someone else could produce the album , and if Cone sings at least in one song , and be involved more and more in the writing/composing process , and the songs to be about life itself , about having fun ,and about the other members too, not just Deryck .......
Okay , it will be ackward for them to still sing about hanging out and drinking in the back of an El Camino ( you know like Blink 182 did ) but Sum 41 is about being yourself , it's about having fun, and we wanna see that in the next album.

I'd really like to see Cone in the Cover too ( iemnaiz's idea ) , Steve has already been on DTLI cover ,and Deryck on UH , so i think this is Cone's moment to shine, the only Bass Solo he's ever done was on : Welcome To HEll , i'd love to hear more of those solos ,and Much much much much more vocals !

Basically , we want MORE Cone , and LESS Deryck.
i agree.cone must be on cover on new album..
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Cone should be way more involved.
About the music: a mix between songs like no reason, we're all to blame, walking disaster and the quiet ones like best of me and with me.
Should be working
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Mix between quiet ones with screaming ones or wtf :D
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

samueeL wrote:Mix between quiet ones with screaming ones or wtf :D
No, I think I expressed that one kinda wrong.
What I mean is; an album with songs on it like Best of Me, like We're All To Blame, Walking Disaster, No Reason,... Not all mixed together in one song of course.
the perfect li e
Billy Spleen

Post by the perfect li e »

Well in my opinion Underclass Hero was a good album. Although I liked for example Best Of Me alot I'd still like it to be made in the chuck "ways". So the sound would be different, heavier as chuck was. Basicly I'd want a DTLI?, Chuck or HHOP sound( Didn't like AKNF too much). Also someone said that he didn't want Deryck to be so personal on the next record. Yeah Underclass was good even with the peronal theme of the songs. I know they've sort of grown up and all that but still I loved the themes of all the other albums (specially DTLI? and Chuck) when the pointed out the "wrongs" in todays society and added in a couple of personal thoughts. And god what would I give for a 88 or no brains like solo on the new record!
Billy41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Koen
Instrument 2: I wish bass

Post by Billy41 »

I usually don't reply a lot bit this topic is worth it lol.

I don't like everybody calling eachother dicks so I won't.

For the album I really really really hope it will be more like DTLI? Cuz thats my fav album and I was kinda disapointed when I heard UH the first time. But the best thing that could happen (I think 99% of all people on TNS will agree) is that Dave came back. He was the metalguy in the group and gave Sum41 theyre very own sound. UH was kinda like blink and that sucked. I like the heavy guitar riffs and hard basslines. Ofcourse I think cone and steve should be more influenced in the album.
And they should find an other tour guitarist. Tom can play very well and stuff but I really don't like him in the sums. His vocals sound crap..no hard feelings to Tom dough.
All creds for the Still Waiting sig are for Jeremy!
stephaniekm
First name: Stephanie K

Post by stephaniekm »

Billy41 wrote:
For the album I really really really hope it will be more like DTLI? Cuz thats my fav album and I was kinda disapointed when I heard UH the first time. .
^^ I agree with this.
But having dave back just isnt going to happen and I think the guys are more than capable of creating something just as good without him... but yeah more Cone&Steve involvement would be amazing also.
I just want another album I can blast like dtli
"In some ways I love everything. It’s less…less of a thing than like, less distinct, less particular. I like things that I like, but I love everything. There’s more choice in like, because even the worse things have things to love in them."
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

^I agree COMPLETELY 100%.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

The news on the home page to hear the end of 2009 a new album coming. can`t wait for it.
kevz2kool
Bunkface
First name: Kevin
AKA: Jack...Jack MOMMA!!!

Post by kevz2kool »

Just don't dissapoint me like death magnetic did. you know what would be about the coolest thing they could do? bring Brownsound back for a couple songs!!!! bringing grieg nori back would prolly help, too

and as far as deryck writing riffs like over my head, he won't. he has said so himself that in UH writing guitar parts was a lot easier. cause he didn't have to write something that dave (and everyone else) would like. now that dave is gone, deryck wont even give it a second thought. my opinion? when you put nothing but chords, power chords, super easy and slow solos, and occasional feedback, its gonna be easy
The name is Jack...Jack Momma!

please help me 4 ever
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

I think their new album is gonna be something like Oasis, just wild guess :D
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

i want them to go back to the Chuck sound, just progess that sound. but i know they won't. especialy without Dave. we'll jus have to wait and see what they come up with
lindsey_jocz

Post by lindsey_jocz »

If they were smart, they'd go back to the sound that originally made them famous....
I'm talking All Killer No Filler, here.
But they aren't, so they won't.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

sum41-freak wrote:The news on the home page to hear the end of 2009 a new album coming. can`t wait for it.
...What? WHERE does it say that? lol.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Phili wrote:
sum41-freak wrote:The news on the home page to hear the end of 2009 a new album coming. can`t wait for it.
...What? WHERE does it say that? lol.
His own blog's home page? (which happenes to be one of the most accurate news sources lol)

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

if Deryck did write all those riffs just to satisfy Dave, shouldn't he have seen that thats what people like(d)? wouldn't he have thought, "hey, our fans like this sound. This is what i should focus on more." -not the lame parts that are on UH.

but if Deryck doesn't consider himself a guitar player, then all hope is gone.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

Well, I'd like to hear one only piano track on cd =)