Re: If Sum 41 breaks up.

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Fuck wank or something dude.
scottrowan200
Bunkface
First name: Scott

Post by scottrowan200 »

if sum 41 breaks up the world will crack and satan will rise and feast on the inoccent ..................... but i reallly would be gutted there my fave band and there songs mean som much
Welcome To Hell
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

well if there's one thing I'm learning about bands as the years go by, it's that they always end :sosad: I'm getting ready this time, cause it's going to hurt.
scottrowan200
Bunkface

Post by scottrowan200 »

metallica have been around for years haha so have greenday
Welcome To Hell
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

scottrowan200 wrote:metallica have been around for years haha so have greenday

well that isn't what happens most of the time, as far as I can tell.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Don't forget the Rolling Stones. :hehe:
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

Bass Cone wrote:
LMAO :lol:
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

spider-man wrote:well I do think he's better then he really shows us. because I wouldn't have thought he could pull off solos like pull the curtain or even with me before underclass hero came out. they aren't crazy solos, but still more then you would think.
I'd have to agree. Deryck recorded the solo to In Too Deep and wrote the first half of The Hell Song's solo.

He's got skill to pull off decent riffs. He just doesn't like writing hard stuff all the time, which really isn't doing the band much good.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Hentaiman »

Bass Cone wrote:
Yeah, lol, there are so much bands that are so much years together, so I mean, the Sums are officialy together for like 12 years now, while the Rolling Stones are here since 1962, the Scorpions are here since 1965, The Who since 1964, Uriah Heep since 1969, Deep Purple since 1968, King Crimson since 1969, Whitesnake since 1977, Thin Lizzy since 1969, Skid Row since 1986, Guns N' Roses since 1985, etc.

So whats Sum 41 that are here only since 1996. Nothing compared to those big names who are here for so long haha.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

well that's all true. but I still want to get ready just in case. expect the worse, hope for the best.
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
First name: Reem

Post by ReemFTW »

Ansem wrote:Deryck will go solo and will tour with Avril, before her show.
Cone will stay at The Operation M.D.
Maybe Stevo will join The Operation M.D. or look for a new band. Maybe he gets in contact with Brownsound at they decide to make a band. Together with Cone and Deryck. xD And they'll call it The Sums. xD
LMAO. I read that and for some reason I started cracking up =P the way it was said was so cute =] it's like happy ending, much? haha I love that Still Waiting music video.
Hentaiman wrote:Or Deryck could start a new band with Pete Wentz XDDDD
And they will have this lame Panic at the Disco singer with them in the band XDDD
LMAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the singer for Panic! has a good voice.
but Pete just pisses me off for some reason.

Well, I think Deryck would have a solo career, I mean he's an amaaazing songwriter, a good guitarist and a good singer, so that'll be okay.
Stevo would replace someone's drummer or something, or be a producer, or both =/
and Cone would continue with The Operation MD, though [I'm not bashing here] to be honest, they're not that good =/ so he'd just fade ><

:cry: BUT THAT'S SO SAD. NEVERRRR. I just hope what Hentaiman said wouldn't come true :P and I hope what Ansem said WOULD come true xD

41 FOR LIFE, B*TCH =D!!!!
*best signature in the world*
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

Just in response to Hentaiman, it's important to note that a lot of those bands have far different line ups from what most people percieve those bands to traditionally be. I think Deep Purple only has like one original member.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Look at it this way... Most bands break up because of "differences" whatever they may be. Dave left because he didn't want to go back to playing pop-punk and wanted to take his guitar playing further. And some bands break up because of creative differences.

So long as Sum 41 stays friends, Sum 41 will be together. But as soon as a member feels like they can't do anything and shit hits the fan, that's when the band breaks down.

Obviously I'm referring to Cone and that's why I'm worried about his position in the band as bass player. He's a great bass player, but it never seemed like Cone got to play something 100% that he came up with and that Deryck liked. At least, it wasn't mentioned in the Making of Underclass Hero. If there were times where Cone actually got 100% of his way on bass for a song, he should've mentioned it to reassure us fans because now it's like a conspiracy that Deryck is controlling Cone.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero

Post by Bass Cone »

I can't see them breaking up but at the same time I can. It's weird. They're friends and enjoy playing together so I can't see why they would break up, but at the same time there's that issue with Cone. If Cone has to keep playing very similar bass lines over and over again in the songs I think he might end up like Dave. He obviously has a passion for his music and if he's limited he'll be angry. But I can't see Cone as the dominant type or someone who would leave his friends... I don't know.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

^

Yeah, It also seems to me , like even if he's kinda limited on his bass, he's still doesn't seems the one that will just walk away. On the other hand ,Dave never did. He also seemed to be enjoying the shows and music so well, plus, we know the guitar playing wasn't hte only reason he left, so, you know, its not always like that especially when they are all such good friends from high school and all, but It may make Cone leave, since ya know... playing all those songs with all those similar basslines can drive him mad, but maybe he's kinda used to it, cuz the bass is pretty limited you know if you're comparing it to the guitar, and unless you're playing like some cool funk or jazz or jazz fusion, punk and metal bass is almost never really interesting (but still could be better than UH bass haha).
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero

Post by Bass Cone »

No, I think bass can be pretty interesting. I mean, look at Anti-Flag- Chris #2 makes some awesome bass lines. And in metal Iron Maiden has song cool bass parts too. Cone certainly has potential to be a great bass player, but with UH the guitar wasn't interesting enough to make awesome bass lines to accompany it. If Deryck would stop playing the same chord progressions Cone would have more freedom to make some nice bass parts.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, the bassline in Over My Head is great. If you have no idea how it sounds, or can't hear it on the song, watch this cover:

There are some additions to make it sound more badass, but it is generally the bass to Over My Head (from what I can tell from the verses).
scottrowan200
Bunkface

Post by scottrowan200 »

thats cool cover man is that you
Welcome To Hell
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

That was cool !
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Bass Cone wrote:And in metal Iron Maiden...
IRON MAIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!1111!eleven

Okay, yeah but I agree. Bass can be interesting too. And I think we all hope that Deryck will let Cone do the basslines from now on...
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.