Greig Nori?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Should Greig Nori Come Back to Help Produce the Next Album?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 21

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Greig Nori?

Post by Hentaiman »

^
Yeah, like I said, Dave is missing but so is Greig.

As you know, AKNF was written entirely by Deryck and Greig actually, except for Pain for Pleasure which was written by Steve in the toilet :lol:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, and on the tab booklets such as Does This Look Infected? and Chuck, under almost every song (save for one or two) it says "Music by Deryck Whibley and Greig Nori."

So if Sum 41 want to get back to the top (which is pretty obvious since they've gone back to the more mainstream sound of Underclass Hero) then they need to resolve differences between each other and take Greig back or vice-versa.
punkrock101
Bunkface
First name: mike

Post by punkrock101 »

Gibsum 41 wrote:He should come back. It's not that Deryck is a bad producer, Greig Nori's just better.
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

Unfortunately, Greg left the band because he want Sum 41 to grow themselves, he thinks that they don't need him anymore. Underclass Hero is such a resulted album (it doesnt necessarily means that it's a good one anyway) so it surely proved to Greg that he was right. Of course it would be great if he'd work with Sum 41 again, it would perhaps sounds better, but now he produces many young Rock Band, so I prefer to see him helping many Band that really need a good producer that Sum 41 who probably experience enough to produce their album themselves.

By the way, I would like to see Cone and Stevo invest themselves more than they do.

For exemple, Cone is good as a singer, so why does Deryck sing all the voices in the record ? And it would have be great if stevo would have sing rap on the beginning of Underclass Hero's verse (even if everybody would have say that it's just a copy from Fat Lip and Thx For Nothing, but anyway, fuck stupids fan).

And Cone and Stevo are both piano player. They can help Deryck to compose and make Sum 41 a real band, not just a singer who compose the whole album or at least, the biggest part of it, record the half of the album,fully produce it and show it at the new Sum 41 record. I don't mean that Sum 41 became a crappy band. But I love them, so I would like them to work in another way.
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Yes, yes and yes!!!!! Get Greig Nori back and get him now. I don't know why you guys are all bashing him, it makes no sense. Most of the people bashing Greig like Sum 41's old music, well, who the hell you think made that? It was all Greig Nori and Deryck. If you hate Greig Nori, then you *must* love Sum 41's new music & style or you *are* practically admitting your a hypocrite. And so what if Treble Charger wasn't the greatest band? I don't really care that much for them but I still respect what they do and everything Greig Nori did for them.

If all of you guys didn't fall asleep in the DVD "Bring the Noise", then you would realize Greig made Sum 41. Trust me, Sum 41 wouldn't even be famous today if it weren't for Greig, their career is in debt to him and him alone. Credit to everyone who mentioned it above about how in all the tab books it says who wrote the music and lyrics, and I'm going to post every since damn song here to shut up everyone flaming Greig.

AKNF - "Sum 41"
DTLI - "Sum 41 and Greig Nori"
Chuck - "Deryck Whibley and Greig Nori", except for the following:
Intro - Deryck Whibley
We're All To Blame - Deryck Whibley, Steve Jocz, Greig Nori, Ben Cook
Bitter End - Deryck Whibley
Welcome To Hell - Deryck Whibley

Underclass Hero - Now that's a given.

Anyways as you can see, during AKNF, it says it was all written by Sum 41, which I sort of believe because during MTV cribs at stevo's deryck says "Every song for AKNF was written in his basement". DLTI, thats when I guess Greig was practically in Sum 41, doesn't he have the 41 tattoo too on his back right arm? And who the hell is Ben Cook?
tomhoppus is my hero.
BrandonCorey
Ma Poubelle

Post by BrandonCorey »

I really think no because they did really good without him
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

Yeah I was thrown off by Ben Cook in the Chuck tab book too. No clue who the fuck he is.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

I don't think anyone was bashing Greig Nori. I personally was just saying that he's been a bit of a dick personality wise lately.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Warning_(band) The guy from this band must be the same Ben Cook?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, dunno what it says on the booktab and yeah, it also says that in the booklet in AKNF, but on wikipedia and some other sites it says all lyrics for AKNF (dunno about music, i guess music is onl by Sum 41) were written by Deryck and Greig Nori, excluding P4P by Steve, and Fat Lip by Deryck and Steve. Plus, Greig also contributes on guitar and vocals in AKNF, incluidng the second guitar in P4P while Deryck is drumming. And I also remember it was said somewhere that Greig too has a 41 tattoo so he was basically part of the band - writing songs, contributing guitar and vocals to the recording and producing, seems like a pretty serious role in the band, especially if he wrote with Deryck 99% of the music on DTLI and Chuck.
Also it says the arrangements (dont sure what it means exactly) for AKNF are all by Deryck and Greig.

About the Ben Cook guy, I guess its this guy from No Warning, since I know No Warning is a band that Greig also was a manager/producer for, and that Greig and Deryck produced togehter albums for them.

And since when are Cone and Steve piano players? well, I saw in the credits for the Op M.D. album it says that Cone also does keyboards but I never actually seen him playing it :O
And Steve plays piano? weird.
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

I wish Greig Nori would come back. I seriously don't think Deryck is that great producer, for Sum 41 at least. I mean, he tells Cone how to play his instrument? What the fuck does that mean? Let him do his own bass lines.

Don't get me wrong, Deryck is one of my favourite musicians but I REALLY think Sum 41 should get someone to produce the next album(s).
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

I agree with hilgaman.

And this album WAS fail, no matter how good we think it is. it failed.

So he cant be that great. Yea he was out for a while. but still, i don't think that few months he was out would of made much of a difference.

Esp because their live act is seriously lacking.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

HilgaMan wrote:I wish Greig Nori would come back. I seriously don't think Deryck is that great producer, for Sum 41 at least. I mean, he tells Cone how to play his instrument? What the fuck does that mean? Let him do his own bass lines.

Don't get me wrong, Deryck is one of my favourite musicians but I REALLY think Sum 41 should get someone to produce the next album(s).
I agree. Deryck being the producer is making the band suffer. They need someone to keep a balance within the band and without Dave and Greig, it was easy for Deryck to take over. Sum 41 is becoming less of a band and more of a Deryck Whibley solo project.
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Bass Cone wrote:Sum 41 is becoming less of a band and more of a Deryck Whibley solo project.
Exactly
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

I REALLY want to message Cone on Myspace to tell him to stand up for his bass lines and tell Deryck that none of the fans like his but I can already see his hostile response.

Anyway, yeah, Deryck is just not meant to be the producer of his own albums.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Just message cone, just in a non hostile way.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

lol, k. Hmmm.

"Hey Cone. I'm not sure if the fans' opinions have any influence in the little in-studio bass wars, but next time it comes up, we can send you a little testimonial letter and you can show Deryck that the fans are on your side 100%. We like the high and exciting bass parts!"

lol I haven't sent that. But something like that?
c4rlsson
Billy Spleen
First name: Bizzy D

Post by c4rlsson »

Phili wrote:lol, k. Hmmm.

"Hey Cone. I'm not sure if the fans' opinions have any influence in the little in-studio bass wars, but next time it comes up, we can send you a little testimonial letter and you can show Deryck that the fans are on your side 100%. We like the high and exciting bass parts!"

lol I haven't sent that. But something like that?

Looks great, send that to him :).
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Alrigth, I messaged him.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Phili wrote:Alrigth, I messaged him.
Yay! Hopefully he can go back to writing awesome bass lines next album.