Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: Derycks bald patch

Post by Boni »

I haven't noticed at all, but I suppose a lot of men go bald so it's not that big a deal, look at Kyle Gass
[donate][/donate]
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

punkrock101 wrote:noticed that, i think thats y he made his hair flat, cause he was getting treatment or so he can stop putting gel or wutever, but u dont c that spot now so i think he was getting treatment
Treatment?????? Wow, the older these guys get, the less they are of Sum 41. The deryck I thought I knew wouldnt care about how he looks, or was that just a bunch of bull shit when he said that in CYTGYE
tomhoppus is my hero.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

who cares? i'm not one who's going bald
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Still Waiting wrote:who cares? i'm not one who's going bald
Maybe you are :roll:
[donate][/donate]
Open Your Eyes
Bunkface
First name: Adam
n00b: Phili

Post by Open Your Eyes »

Burnn

I think his bald spot just represents wisdom.

Represent :wordyo:
punkrock101
Bunkface
First name: mike

Post by punkrock101 »

d4rkst4r wrote:
punkrock101 wrote:noticed that, i think thats y he made his hair flat, cause he was getting treatment or so he can stop putting gel or wutever, but u dont c that spot now so i think he was getting treatment
Treatment?????? Wow, the older these guys get, the less they are of Sum 41. The deryck I thought I knew wouldnt care about how he looks, or was that just a bunch of bull shit when he said that in CYTGYE
so true
so true
Still Waiting wrote:who cares? i'm not one who's going bald
well, i am :evil:
The Bitter End
First name: Josh.
n00b: Me.
AKA: El Shredder
360 Gamer Tag: sk8rboi456
Instrument 2: Backing Vocals
Instrument 3: Bass or Drums

Post by The Bitter End »

HAHA, a wisdom spot, XD

Nah he aint got it anymore so he must have had treatment.

Or...

A WIG!! :hehe:
______ __ __ ___ ___ _ _ __
\ _ _ _\ \ \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \_ \ \ /__ \
\______ \ \ \ \ \ _ \ \_ _ \ \ \
_ _ _ _ \ \ \__\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
\_______\ \_______\ \___\ \___\ \_ \ \__\
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Now when i saw the winterjam videos it does look like this is not real bald patch. I mean, it looks like someone shaved this part of his head when he was drunk XD
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Kids, let's use our good litle brains, OK? They should work quite well if you try.

Deryck does not naturally have black hair. His hair is naturally its current colour, blonde. Blonde, especially his blonde, is a lot lighter than black. The reason it looks like he has a bald spot is because his roots are not died and, especially when it's flat (or flat-ish) and black, that makes the spot look bald. It's just a mixture of his light hair in constrast to the black dye and the fact that his hair isn't especially thick. Deryck isn't (besides a slightly disturbing receding hairline) balding.

As for the "oh the old Sum 41 would never care about what their hair looks like blah blah they suck now." Let me compile a list of points.
1. They have been spiking their hair since day one. They've always used oodles of wax, gel, and spray on their hair. Does that sound like people who don't care what their hairstyle looks like? Most guys would say they spend a couple of seconds on their hair. In 2001, Cone (I think it was, might have been Dave) admitted to FIVE MINUTES. I'm a teenage girl and I usually spend about 3 minutes on my hair.
2. Up until 2003, Deryck and Steve both had black hair on several occasions and you never saw their roots. Ever. Deryck is naturally blonde and Steve is naturally a very light chestnut (reddy-brown). They both have really fast-growing hair (Steve doesn't appear to be able to go a week without his hair growing pretty long from a shave). Do you realize how much up-keep that requires? Yeah, these guys have never given a shit about what they look like... :roll:
3. A few of you said that Deryck went back to blonde and kept it flat for treatment. While this could possibly be true, let's go through why it probably actually ended up that way. He said to Howard Stern in early 2005 that he dyed his hair black because he was sick of the blonde. He probably dyed it blonde 'cause hwas sick of the black. And you know how Deryck went through several colours of spiky? His hair was flat for 2 years, it seems highly unlikely that he would feel the need to spike it again just because he chnaged the colour. Also, as Deryck has claimed, his hair is naturally all over the place (you can see it in various behind the scenes photos). Keeping it flat probably results in more hair damage for his hair type. Not to mention, you can see in various recent shots that his hair is still quite thin and he still has a thinner hairline than he used to.

d4rkst4r, if you insist on finding the fault and a complaint for every little thing and hate Sum 41 as much as you seem to, why don't you just leave? You appear to just be wasting your time.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
punkrock101
Bunkface
First name: mike

Post by punkrock101 »

^ gud explaination there
peacock181
Billy Spleen
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock181 »

maybe its just the way he combed is hair when it was black

he could have pushed the back foward or something i cant explain but i knwo what i mean
Heart Like A Hand Greanade
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Phili I respect with your comment and agree with most of it, but this bald patch looks really like a bald patch and a lot more disturbing than a spot of blonde hair.
The Bitter End
First name: Josh.
n00b: Me.
AKA: El Shredder
360 Gamer Tag: sk8rboi456
Instrument 2: Backing Vocals
Instrument 3: Bass or Drums

Post by The Bitter End »

Maybe he was trying to bring a new trend :shock:
______ __ __ ___ ___ _ _ __
\ _ _ _\ \ \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \_ \ \ /__ \
\______ \ \ \ \ \ _ \ \_ _ \ \ \
_ _ _ _ \ \ \__\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
\_______\ \_______\ \___\ \___\ \_ \ \__\

Post by Phili »

Hentaiman wrote:Phili I respect with your comment and agree with most of it, but this bald patch looks really like a bald patch and a lot more disturbing than a spot of blonde hair.
I have examined the photos and seen his hair at later times with the hair dyed to the roots. It has entirely to do with the light blonde in contrast to the harsh black.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

You're right phili, I remember somebody in the band said Deryck was lazy when it comes to dying his hair so he stopped.
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

Listen clown, if you want to start this up again then fine, I will too. I'm just making an observation, and I don't hate Sum 41, I'm just critical of what they've been up to lately. I don't need to buy all 20 singles in HMV like you to prove that I'm a fan. As for his hair,

1. I never read that Cone admitted to 5 minutes exactly. And cone different from Dave, Deryck and Stevo. Deryck and Stevo were making fun of how Cone always takes his time when doing his hair, I can't remember which video it's in but they all were making fun of him.

2. During the whole DLTI touring era, Stevo kept his hair short, hair grows faster when it's short, if he preferred to keep his hair short, it would just require him shaving it more and more maintenance, that doesn't mean he actually care how he looks, he just likes his hair short.

3. I'm convinced deryck always has something in his hair. I don't think any of us have seen a picture where it's perfectly natural. If so, I'd like to see one, and proof that he doesn't have any junk in it.

I'll admit that currently since the whole Underclass Hero tour started, all the members have cared how they look. But ever since the band started to Chuck and it's tour, they didn't care how they look. It was there whole attitude of their music. Go view the lyrics to songs on HHOP & AKNF here on TNS, it's full of the teenage rebellious "I don't give a shit about anything" attitude. You expect me to believe that before they went out for a show during the AKNF tour they sat in front of a mirror and checked their hair? I just don't believe it. And I still believe to this day that deryck still does his hair himself. I know we had this argument a while ago but he admitted in some interview that he cuts his hair himself way back probably when he was 20 and I still think he does that today. I don't know for sure, I'm just assuming. You can message him, I don't have myspace or anything and the last time deryck answered a question on sum41.com was on his wedding day so, I'll never reach him.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

I like how you didn't even acknowledge my second point, which sort of voids your final argument.

I believe that they have ALWAYS checked their hair in the mirror. There's a picture, I believe, of Deryck standing in front of a mirror fiddling with his hair during the AKNF tour. If I can find it, I'll show it to you. When you see pictures of them live from that era, every spike is straight and in place. I've seen guys who have tried to spike their hair like that without a mirror. It doesn't work. The members of Sum 41 had hairstyles that required the most upkeep when you claim they didn't care about their hair at all. Now all of them are at their natural colour and you claim they care the most?

I'm not sure why you're bringing up who cuts Deryck's hair. No one was talking about that. I personally don't think he does, but I don't really care who does either.

And by the way, what I buy doesn't prove I'm a fan. My attitude does. I don't have ONE Sum 41 single.

And I'm not sure who told you "clown" was an effective and not dated insult, but, um... yeah, it's not.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

Phili wrote:I'm not sure why you're bringing up who cuts Deryck's hair. No one was talking about that. I personally don't think he does, but I don't really care who does either.
.....If he got a professional to do his hair, wouldn't that prove that he really cares how his hair looks even more? Everyone today, especially today's teenagers are obsessed with their looks, how many people you know that cut their own hair?
tomhoppus is my hero.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Um... my point is that he DOES care about his hair and ALWAYS HAS.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

Phili wrote:Um... my point is that he DOES care about his hair and ALWAYS HAS.
Exactly, and my point is he never use to care about his hair, therefore, if he cut his hair himself, he wouldn't care how it looks, see as he isn't professional. Seriously, it isn't that hard to understand.Go watch CYTGYE, cone admits deryck doesn't care about how he looks. Look at what he does in McDonalds. Omg, it's like your intentionally trying to piss me off and not understand this. His face was covered in coke from the machine and he walks around McDonalds picking his nose. How could he care about his looks if he's doing that. :holyshit:
tomhoppus is my hero.