What the hell happened to the new B-side???

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Re: What the hell happened to the new B-side???

Post by Phili »

That was Steve's house? Weird... It doesn't look like a room in someone's house. I've always suspected that the first house they were practicing in was Deryck's, but... Hmm.

But Deryck does have a studio in his house where he can record and mix.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

I'm pretty sure that was Deryck's house. Watch the long be like a minute long like ANIC or Never Wake Up. I'd be pissed.
punkrock101
Bunkface
First name: mike

Post by punkrock101 »

hope after all this waiting it doesnt turn out to be a lame song
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I have a feeling it'll sound something like No Apologies or This Is Goodbye.

I mean, after listening to UH when it came out for a whole day, i then saw the bonus tracks here on TNS and i was thrilled "new sum 41 songs! yai!" but its like... they were okay... you can understand why they aren't on the actual album.

Same goes for Take A Look At Yourself which was released even later and didn't impress me at all. I feel the new b-side would be something like that.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hentaiman wrote:I have a feeling it'll sound something like No Apologies or This Is Goodbye.

I mean, after listening to UH when it came out for a whole day, i then saw the bonus tracks here on TNS and i was thrilled "new sum 41 songs! yai!" but its like... they were okay... you can understand why they aren't on the actual album.

Same goes for Take A Look At Yourself which was released even later and didn't impress me at all. I feel the new b-side would be something like that.
Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. No Apologies and This Is Goodbye were both lame and boring and I didn't expect Take A Look At Yourself to be any better.

Had the songs Welcome to the Black Parade and Man Overboard never existed, Take A Look At Yourself would have been a pretty decent B-Side.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah cuz if there really any Sum 41 songs that sounds like an obvious copy its definitely Take A Look At Yourself, that totally sounds like a mix of Welcome to the Black Parade and Man Overoard (but mostly, the black pararde), and Green Day's Letterbomb, and to be honest, besides of the song being really unoriginal (i dont blame sum for that, many of their songs are tought to be copies of other songs, i don't care), the song is really boring and just nowhere as great as any of their album tracks, nor the Chuck bonuses (which are all awesome), so i hope the new bside would be better really.
punkrock101
Bunkface

Post by punkrock101 »

Hentaiman wrote: after listening to UH when it came out, i then saw the bonus tracks here on TNS and i was thrilled "new sum 41 songs! yai!" but its like... they were okay... you can understand why they aren't on the actual album.

i had the same exact feeling, the same feeling i had for the whole album
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

punkrock101 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote: after listening to UH when it came out, i then saw the bonus tracks here on TNS and i was thrilled "new sum 41 songs! yai!" but its like... they were okay... you can understand why they aren't on the actual album.

That's how I felt too when I first listened to a shitty quality Underclass Hero. At first I thought that if the quality got better, the song would too. Well, it kind of helped, but I was still disappointed in the cranking down of the distortion on the album.

March of the Dogs I thought was pretty decent. I was happy they went back to being upbeat. But that vocal melody was just overused on the album.
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

watch us all be dissapointed when the song is like 1:24 seconds and sucks or something like that
One of a Kind of Something
punkrock101
Bunkface

Post by punkrock101 »

Jeremy wrote:
punkrock101 wrote:

That's how I felt too when I first listened to a shitty quality Underclass Hero. At first I thought that if the quality got better, the song would too. Well, it kind of helped, but I was still disappointed in the cranking down of the distortion on the album.

March of the Dogs I thought was pretty decent. I was happy they went back to being upbeat. But that vocal melody was just overused on the album.
after wut iv heard on underclass hero, i had this feeling that sum 41 is never gunna be the same :sad:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I guess what we have to do is really underestimate them. Then that way, when they put out new stuff, we'll like it.

But then I guess we'd look like n00bs if we liked everything Sum 41 put out.

Or I suppose when Deryck says a song of his sounds, "fucking amazing", we can just wait and see for ourselves instead of thinking about our most favorite song and hope the new stuff will be that.
scottrowan200
Bunkface
First name: Scott

Post by scottrowan200 »

get it mixed
Welcome To Hell
Open Your Eyes
Bunkface
First name: Adam
n00b: Phili

Post by Open Your Eyes »

Perhaps they're looking for another way to release it, rather than via Myspace or something.
punkrock101
Bunkface

Post by punkrock101 »

if they wana release it tommorow, they will, but Deryck is too damn lazy
Open Your Eyes
Bunkface
First name: Adam
n00b: Phili

Post by Open Your Eyes »

Lol. There's a lot more technicalities that come with releasing a song.

The way I look at it, it's nice of Deryck to have said anything. He could've said nothing.

Yes, the cup is half full.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Open Your Eyes wrote:Perhaps they're looking for another way to release it, rather than via Myspace or something.
what do you mean ...singles??
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

I was pissed, then i started laughing.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

if you're saying it's going to be a rip off of that song, then HAH HAH. if you're just being a jerk then.....why?
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

Well I dunno, I mean half of the songs on Underclass Hero did kind of use that same recycled chord progression, so I don't see it being particularly far fetched.