The Official Non-Official Album Review Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: The Official Non-Official Album Review Thread

Post by FuckT41182 »

Billy Talent III is the best album by BT for me ...Dead can't testify,White Sparrows,Sudden Movements,Definition of Destiny,Turn Your Back,Saint Veronica and Rusted from the Rain are the best song and the ones left are PERFECT ...I really love this album the most ...but all of their albums are just PERFECT ...and I like that they don't change at all ...it kind of reminds me of Bowling for Soup ...and I love that you can't name just one band with a sound like BT ...I'm really looking forward to their new album ...the way they write they lyrics is absolutely unbelievable ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Band Name
Bowling For Soup
Album Name
Sorry For Partyin'
Band Members
Jaret Reddick — lead vocals, rhythm guitar
Erik Chandler — bass, vocals
Chris Burney — lead guitar, vocals
Gary Wiseman — drums
The Best songs
Me With No You,I Gotchoo,No Hablo Ingles,Only Young,Bfff
The Worst Songs
none !
Rating
5/5

this album just proved that they will rock forever ! :) Old good BfS keeps on being funny as hell ...and if you add to it perfect melodies,great Jaret's voice and awesome lyrics you will get BfS ...still the same sound,but still fucking special for me :winkwink:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

shadowred3 wrote:
iemnaiz wrote:Image
All Time Low
So Wrong, It's Right

Alexander William Gaskarth - vocals, guitar
Jack Bassam Barakat - guitar, backing vocals
Zachary Steven Merrick - bass, backing vocals
Robert Rian Dawson - drums

best songs:
all except for poppin' champagne.

worst:
poppin' champagne.. i find it stupid

8/10!
dont usualy like the whole super pop punk thing but these guys are all right. but how do you not like popping champain??
That's not a problem, because All Time Low is not a pop punk band. They're a pop band.
FuckT41182 wrote:Billy Talent III is the best album by BT for me ...Dead can't testify,White Sparrows,Sudden Movements,Definition of Destiny,Turn Your Back,Saint Veronica and Rusted from the Rain are the best song and the ones left are PERFECT ...I really love this album the most ...but all of their albums are just PERFECT ...and I like that they don't change at all ...it kind of reminds me of Bowling for Soup ...and I love that you can't name just one band with a sound like BT ...I'm really looking forward to their new album ...the way they write they lyrics is absolutely unbelievable ...
How can you say that they don't change? Their self-titled is an angry post-hardcore album, with a lot of screaming vocals. The second album is more commerce, it has less screams, and it's a lot poppier. Billy Talent III doesn't include any screams, and it's almost a pop album. So do you think they really don't change?
Their latest album was one of the biggest disappointments of the last year for me...
Last edited by soft-punker on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Atreyu

Congregation of the Damned

1. "Stop! Before It’s Too Late and We’ve Destroyed it All"
2. "Bleeding is a Luxury"
3. "Congregation of the Damn"
4. "Coffin Nails"
5. "Black Days Begin"
6. "Gallows"
7. "Storm to Pass"
8. "You Were the King, Now You're Unconcious"
9. "Insatiable"
10. "So Wrong"
11. "Ravenous"
12. "Lonely"
13. "Wait for You"

I got this album a while ago but didnt really like it that much nut ive been listning to it for the past 2 weeks and now i love it lol best songs on the album are defo "Bleeding Is A Luxury", "Congregation of the Damn", "Gallows" and "Lonely"

Overall id give this album a 9/10
Owantjaaaa
First name: Owen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: Owantjaaaa

Post by Owantjaaaa »

The Sufferer & The Witness
by Rise Against

Band Members:
Tim McIlrath – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
Chris Chasse – lead guitar, backing vocals
Joe Principe – bass guitar, backing vocals
Brandon Barnes – drums
Chad Price – additional vocals
Emily Schambra – additional vocals

Best Songs
Ready To Fall
Injection
Prayer of the Refugee
The Good Left Undone

Worst Songs
I Like them all, but if I have to choose:

Chamber The Cartridge
Roadside

Rating
4.5 out of 5 on the scale of awesomness.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

soft-punker wrote:How can you say that they don't change? Their self-titled is an angry post-hardcore album, with a lot of screaming vocals. The second album is more commerce, it has lesser screams, and it's a lot poppier. Billy Talent III doesn't include any screams, and it's almost a pop album. So do you think they really don't change?
Their latest album was one of the biggest disappointments of the last year for me...
by a change I meant something more significant ...like Blink 182 Enema of The State and Untitled album or Sum 41 All Killer No Filler and Chuck ...and it's not pop at all ...they still kept their unbelievable lyrics ...and I don't find Billy Talent III as different as you ...they don't scream that's all ...their instrumental parts are still the same ...

and if they wanted to make pop,they could simply start wearing a meat or show their dick from time to time...
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:How can you say that they don't change? Their self-titled is an angry post-hardcore album, with a lot of screaming vocals. The second album is more commerce, it has lesser screams, and it's a lot poppier. Billy Talent III doesn't include any screams, and it's almost a pop album. So do you think they really don't change?
by a change I meant something more significant ...like Blink 182 Enema of The State and Untitled album or Sum 41 All Killer No Filler and Chuck ...and it's not pop at all ...they still kept their unbelievable lyrics ...and I don't find Billy Talent III as different as you ...they don't scream that's all ...their instrumental parts are still the same ...

and if they wanted to make pop,they could simply start wearing a meat or show their dick from time to time...
The instrumental parts are more catchy and less hardcore influenced, Ben doesn't scream anymore - quite big change for me. You're right with the lyrics, they are still pretty good.

Pop =/= shit.
Mainstream pop = shit.

Feel the difference?

If you want to listen good pop music, try My Bloody Valentine (noise pop/shoegaze music, listen to the songs Only Shallow and I Only Said first, or the whole Loveless album, because it just fucking amazin) and Wavves (noise pop/lo-fi, listen to Post Acid and King of the Beach, or their album, King of the Beach, which is one of the bests of the year).

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

soft-punker wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:

The instrumental parts are more catchy and less hardcore influenced, Ben doesn't scream anymore - quite big change for me. You're right with the lyrics, they are still pretty good.

Pop =/= shit.
Mainstream pop = shit.

Feel the difference?

If you want to listen good pop music, try My Bloody Valentine (noise pop/shoegaze music, listen to the songs Only Shallow and I Only Said first, or the whole Loveless album, because it just fucking amazin) and Wavves (noise pop/lo-fi, listen to Post Acid and King of the Beach, or their album, King of the Beach, which is one of the bests of the year).
maybe later ...now I am too busy listening to Ben E.King and Hawthorne Heights
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Papa roach

The paramour sessions

Jacoby Shaddix - lead vocals
Jerry Horton - lead guitar
Tobin Esperance - bass guitar, rhythm guitar
Tony Palermo - drums

This is defenitely my favourite Papa roach album, it's different there's no rapping in it, but I love it. It's an album that never gets boring

Best songs:
I love them all but my favorites are:
To be loved
Crash
I devise my own demise
SOS (bonus track not in all countries, I downloaded it :))

Worst songs:
None

5/5
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Band Name
My Chemical Romance
Album Name
Danger Days: True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys
Band Members
Gerard Way – lead vocals
Ray Toro – lead guitar, backing vocals
Frank Iero – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Mikey Way – bass guitar
The Best Songs
well,there is a few songs we can call good...Bulletproof Heart,Sing,Save yourself,I'll hold them back and The Only Hope For Me Is You(from 1:13) and maybe Nanana...
The Worst Songs
many...I'd say every one that is not written in The Best Songs ...
Rating
3/10

for me the album was a big disappointment...they changed and the change sucks and the songs are unoriginal for me except for a few ones ...after three years of waiting they brought me an album that I keep in my computer just becouse it is MCR ...
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

I personally think that the new MCR is not bad. I've never really liked them, but this album surprised me. It's not as good as their first one, but it's far better than The Black Parade, which is awful imo. They've finally left their fake depressive style and don't make shitty whiny songs for teen girls anymore. This happy roc'n'roll thing is quite good for them, and they still could be much better than they are now. I'd give it a 6/10.

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

hmm...I am not a teen girl and I like TBP much more than the new album...the songs were more special there...this is rock mixed with pop and disco sound ...if you say that this is more artistic than TBP than you have no idea what you´re talking about ...and TBP is not an emo album for teen girls ...I have no problems with emotions...I grew up in a family where everyone fights for himself and we fucking keep our emotions inside ...but I still fucking like TBP ...what is there depressive on lyrics like WTTBP song ??? it´s one of the best lyrics I have ever heard

it´s fucking awesome how you can determine which album is for teen girls and which is not...
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:hmm...I am not a teen girl and I like TBP much more than the new album...the songs were more special there...this is rock mixed with pop and disco sound ...if you say that this is more artistic than TBP than you have no idea what you´re talking about ...and TBP is not an emo album for teen girls ...I have no problems with emotions...I grew up in a family where everyone fights for himself and we fucking keep our emotions inside ...but I still fucking like TBP ...what is there depressive on lyrics like WTTBP song ??? it´s one of the best lyrics I have ever heard
Seriously, you need to start accept that people may have different views on music than you, who are you to say that he has no clue what he's talking about when he says that this records is more artistic than the last one? It's a fact at least in Sweden that most people who liked TBP here was teenage girls. And yeah MCR have had a pretty damn depressive image for the past years.
FuckT41182 wrote:it´s fucking awesome how you can determine which album is for teen girls and which is not...
The same way it's fucking awesome how you can determine which record is more artistic or not.

So please stop taking everyhting so seriously and accept people don't have the same opnions about music as you.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:The same way it's fucking awesome how you can determine which record is more artistic or not.
it is not from my head :) I am not an expert in music ...but I asked one ...and he just said what I thought ....that TBP is more original and artistic ...I don´t judge them I am just a little disappointed ...and the thing about teenage girls is shit ...here in Slovakia I know mostly men who like that album ...and these men are my friends and I would like to see people to call them teenage girl ...or me :) the lyrics in TBP are still one of the best lyrics in the world for me and don´t tell that there is more epic song than WTTBP as Gerard said...

but it does not matter at all ...music will never be judged by quality ...only a few can do that ...at least I can listen to Jon Lajoie´s pop song or radio friendly song ;)

I won´t argue anymore ...he will still like it more than TBP and I will still like TBP more ...I admit that I was writing with emotions because after three years of waiting I am very disappointed with the new album ...I almost threw up when I heard the beginning of the song the only hope for me is you...
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

this album was always going to be completely different to TBP, they said so after they finished touring it. I haven't listened to this album beacuse I really don't give a shit about this band, but from the one song I have heard, it sounds like an improvement from the previous album.
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

FuckT41182 wrote:hmm...I am not a teen girl and I like TBP much more than the new album...the songs were more special there...this is rock mixed with pop and disco sound ...if you say that this is more artistic than TBP than you have no idea what you´re talking about ...and TBP is not an emo album for teen girls ...I have no problems with emotions...I grew up in a family where everyone fights for himself and we fucking keep our emotions inside ...but I still fucking like TBP ...what is there depressive on lyrics like WTTBP song ??? it´s one of the best lyrics I have ever heard

it´s fucking awesome how you can determine which album is for teen girls and which is not...
TBP is just a simple sad pop/rock record with a lot of catchy hit songs. Danger Days' is a fun rock'n'roll album with some disco influence, and I'm not saying that it's more artistic, but it's much more enjoyable (for me), although the slow songs are quite bad.

If you think that WTTBP has the best lyrics, that only means one thing - you just don't listen enough bands.

The more I listen to this album, the more I like it.
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:this album was always going to be completely different to TBP, they said so after they finished touring it. I haven't listened to this album beacuse I really don't give a shit about this band, but from the one song I have heard, it sounds like an improvement from the previous album.
I think you should give it at least one chance.
Last edited by soft-punker on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I've not gave it a listen to but I wasn't really a big fan of The Black Parade. I didn't hate, I stilled listen to it today but it wasn't as good as I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love in my opinion. I look forward to giving this album a listen but I still have a big back-log of music to buy.
[donate][/donate]
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

soft-punker wrote:
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:this album was always going to be completely different to TBP, they said so after they finished touring it. I haven't listened to this album beacuse I really don't give a shit about this band, but from the one song I have heard, it sounds like an improvement from the previous album.
I think you should give it at least one chance.
I think I will, I've read a few reviews from people who didn't like the last album but really dig the sound from the new album.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

soft-punker wrote:you just don't listen enough bands.
:) you think ??? Sum 41,Blink 182,Rise Against,Green Day,Bowling For Soup,Good Charlotte,Avenged Sevenfold,Three Days Grace,Hoobastank,Breaking Benjamin,Switchfoot,Credence Clearwater Revival,John Lennon,Metallica,Iron Maiden,Judas Priest,System of a Down,Vampire Weekend,The Offsping,The Red Jampsuit Apparatus,The Red Hot Chili Peppers,Yellowcard,Rivelardes,Something Corporate,Relient K,Simple Plan,Bowling For Soup,Angels and Airways,The Beatles,Boys Like Girls,Billy Talent,Gob,From Our Hands,Linkin Park,MxPx,New Found Glory,Anti Flag,Bad Religion,NoFX,Pennywise,Th Clash,The Cure,The Gaslight Anthem,Pink Floyd,Sex Pistosls,Bob Marley,Jon Lajoie,Eminem,ACDC,Radiohead,Queen,Oasis,Nirvana,Scorpions,Guns And Roses,Nickelback,Papa Roach,Frank Sinatra,Story of the Year,John Denver...

this is an old list that I wrote in the thread about Blink 182 a few months ago ...since then I discovred maybe 30 new bands like The Bridgeheads,Staind,Brand New and a lot of old punk rock like Propagandhi,Fugazi,The Refused or Operation Ivy...I do not like it when people say that I don't listen to a lot of bands just because I like Still Waiting lyrics or something like that ...

If you asked me to write down the best lyrics I know ...what would I write??John Lennon-Working Class Hero | John Denver - Country roads or Casey's Last Ride ...or billions of other songs...but still I feel something when I hear this ''Would you be the savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned'' ...

and still I hear more pop sound on the new album then on TBP :) like the beginning of the song The only hope or Sing ...I do not like it and I do not want to change it ...maybe it's not the pop music that I cannot stand ...I hate it when I hear voice fucked up with computer and I hear it on the newest album by MCR ...The Beatles was a pop band too but their lyrics mean something to me and their music is awesome...there is pop that I love but there is also pop that I do not like ....I don't like pop like Lady Gaga because I hate the sound ...and the new MCR album reminds me of that sound sometimes ...

still the same thing ...you like it I dont ...there is nothing to talk about ...

the last thing I wanna say is the thing about depressive songs as you like to call them...you also called those songs emo ...but Nirvana was not optimistic at all but noone will call them emo...at least I believe so...