Rise Against

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Rise Against

Post by sum41-freak »

yeah thats`s great, can`t wait for it.

https://www.facebook.com/riseagainst here you can watch the video. have fun. :2cool4u:
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I wish these guys would evolve as musicians and not always put the same album out all over again... I'll give it a listen when it comes out though.
Jeremy Kill
Re:

Post by Jeremy Kill »

samueeL wrote:I wish these guys would evolve as musicians and not always put the same album out all over again... I'll give it a listen when it comes out though.
I'm in the same boat. I haven't really given a good listen to Rise Against since Sufferer and the Witness. Appeal to Reason was alright, but whatever the last one they put out was (Endgame?) I didn't find anything remarkable about. It wasn't terrible, and I will still listen to whatever they put out, but I will probably only listen to it once if I don't like it that much.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

Everything they did up until Appeal to Reason was awesome and i listened to mainly Revolutions, Siren Song, and Sufferer constantly but then they just got boring with Endgame. Now I'm mostly annoyed by them and their hypocritical politics, they need to grow up and realize their music is not gonna cause a revolution but is about as mainstream as Foo Fighters. Still gonna listen to it though and hope it's a lot better than Endgame. The first four records are still awesome though.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby

Post by UltraKolby »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqQsZ8g8KHQ#t=101

New song called 'I Don't Wanna Be Here Anymore'
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Re: New Rise Against Album July 2014!

Post by Sickore »

I really enjoy their music and in my opinion the single is a bit different from their usual sound, but still it is amazing. Can't waint for the rest of the album, it should be on a decent level. Let's hope I won't be disappointed.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I still rank Appeal To Reason among my favourite albums, and Endgame was pretty decent too, but this is pretty boring and generic. They need to move on and do something different with their music.
fuck this signature nonsense
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

Didn't finish the song, it just sounded like very other rock song you hear on the radio.
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

sum41-freak wrote:http://www.indiemeute.de/rise-against-t ... ist-in-me/

new song, it`s cool!
I liked it better than the single they put out.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

Just heard the album and i loved it, some of their best work overall id say. especially lyrically. Favorite songs from first 2 listens are

tragedy + time
the eco-terrorist in me
zero visibility
people live here

people live here and tragedy + time are sure to favorites cause of their powerful lyrics.

i might do a full review but idk.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Album's better than I thought it would be, but still feels quite lazy and uninspired. It seems that the band are running out of ideas, which is a disappointment because they didn't really have that many ideas in the first place. Appeal To Reason is one of my all-time favourite records, but you can't just keep putting out the same album over and over again, only slightly more diluted each time. I did enjoy some of the more bluesy influences in this, as well as Tim's voice in Eco-Terrorist, but there's just a bit too much filler in there for my tastes.
fuck this signature nonsense
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I'm really a big fan of Rise Against! But this new album is just disappointing.. nothing new really. Some cool new tunes that are ok or nice, but nothing amazing or nothing that I would consider some of the band's best work.. unfortunately it is pretty bland and uninspired like Endgame, though comparing this one to Endgame, i think Endgame was slightly better.

Ironically, the Japanese bonus track "Escape Artists" which isn't even on the normal edition of the album, is probably my favorite track off this album.
Jeremy Kill
Re: Rise Against

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Reviving this thread just to post the new song ("The Violence") released this past week. They have a new album called "Wolves" which will be out June 9th.
RISE_AGAINST_WOLVES_FINAL.jpg
Personally, I haven't really cared much for Rise Against after Sufferer and the Witness was released. I did enjoy Appeal to Reason, but the albums that came afterward definitely feel like one giant blur of the same sounding songs. Unfortunately, The Violence sounds unremarkable to me, but I'll still give the new album a listen when it comes out.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I'm not digging this new song either, but two years ago I went through their discography and I found songs that I like on almost every album, so I hope there'll be some good stuffs here too.