SHARKS ///

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Jeremy Kill
SHARKS ///

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm not sure how to put this band name on the interweb without people thinking it's about actual sharks. Okay, here's the lowdown, punk band from the UK. They are quite melodic/happy-sounding. I think you will enjoy them. They released an album in March 2012 called "No Gods".
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: SHARKS ///

Post by Ardi41 »

Hahaha they couldn't look more british ^^.
The music is nothing spectacular, but it's really easy and fun to listen.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Yea I agree. Nothing special, but its decent.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Peep the last paragraph; Sum 41 seal of approval!

http://s9.postimage.org/k2go2d8tb/sum41interview.png
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

These guys are meant to be opening for blink at the non-festival shows in Australia, they sound pretty cool! Prefer them to All Time Low who was rumoured...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

http://www.facebook.com/sharksuk

They've got a new album coming out at the end of April called "Selfhood" and their new single is called, "Portland". I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I was hoping for something more upbeat, but it's decent.
Also, if you still haven't listened to their last album, No Gods, I highly suggest it. Spring and summer are around the corner and this album makes for a pretty great summer album! Guitar playing/solos are very good.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Saw these guys live many times since they opened for blink over here, they also got to switch from first (1130am) at Sydney Soundwave to right before blink so there was a huge crowd lol. They did a pretty good job! I'll check out their new stuff for sure
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I saw their photos on Instagram. Looks like they got to play their music in front of a pretty nicely sized crowd to put it lightly, haha. It's weird to know they were in my city last year (even before they opened for Sum 41) playing in a venue that only had 80 people or less in it at the time. I'm glad they're getting more exposure.

I'm bored, so I'll share with whoever is creeping this thread, presumably out of boredom as well, more of my favorite songs. These ones are earlier tracks. More upbeat, faster, punkier stuff.
And a song featuring piano if you're into that stuff now that Deryck is.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

So I bought Selfhood this week. It's a decent album, I think it's a grower for me. I didn't instantly fall in love with it like I did with the previous albums, but it seems to be getting a lot of positive reviews, so it's definitely worth giving a chance.

I think you can stream the whole album here for anyone interested or contemplating on getting the album.

http://www.rocksound.tv/features/article/sharks
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I saw their photos on Instagram. Looks like they got to play their music in front of a pretty nicely sized crowd to put it lightly, haha. It's weird to know they were in my city last year (even before they opened for Sum 41) playing in a venue that only had 80 people or less in it at the time. I'm glad they're getting more exposure.
First time I saw them was on the back of a lorry at Sonisphere Festival in 2009 with about 20 people watching. 2nd time I think was supporting The Gaslight Anthem at a sold out Brixton Academy!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Bobbyjames wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I saw their photos on Instagram. Looks like they got to play their music in front of a pretty nicely sized crowd to put it lightly, haha. It's weird to know they were in my city last year (even before they opened for Sum 41) playing in a venue that only had 80 people or less in it at the time. I'm glad they're getting more exposure.
First time I saw them was on the back of a lorry at Sonisphere Festival in 2009 with about 20 people watching. 2nd time I think was supporting The Gaslight Anthem at a sold out Brixton Academy!
They played here a couple of years ago as well and the turnout wasn't that big. Then a few months later they were opening for Sum 41!

EDIT: The band broke up. :sad: