Green Day

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Green Day [DOS leaked]

Post by Gregorovich »

Really cool Guitar World interview/article on the construction of the trilogy (and much more): http://www.guitarworld.com/interview-gr ... e?page=0,0

Interesting description of Brutal Love - an Otis Redding-style R&B Ballad? As an album opener? This could go really well or really badly, haha.
fuck this signature nonsense
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Re: Green Day

Post by Gregorovich »

So Quatro previewed on VHS last night, and some new songs were heard! Check them out HERE.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

So if there's anybody left on the forum who gives a shit, Tre has just leaked. Well, not really leaked. But sort of leaked. Anyway, you can download the whole album here: http://theresnosolution.com/en//viewtop ... 22&t=15215
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Only listened Brutal Love so far but that was quite something... I get the feeling that Tré should have been the only album they put out, haha. Though it's nice to have lots of material of course! I think Dos was fairly weak album though.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Welp, I just finished Tre. First thoughts: beats Uno and Dos hands down. Not by a country mile, but it displays a much greater level of musical and lyrical maturity. Not all the tracks are mind-blowing, but there are some incredibly good songs on here. Brutal Love is an epic opener to the album while Missing You presents a great follow up. X-Kid is possibly my favourite from the album (and maybe the trilogy), though this title is heavily contended by Dirty Rotten Bastards. This song is just... oh wow. It's like Jesus of Suburbia, squashed slightly and with about 10% less Rock-Opera. The guitar and bass solos are just amazing, and the whole thing is executed really well. Walk Away was a surprise; I liked it quite a bit better than I thought I would, having heard nothing special about it. Out of all the songs, Sex Drugs & Violence and Little Boy Named Train are probably my least favourites - not because they're particularly bad, but because they don't really add as much to the album as the others. Think Angel Blue from Uno. Alright, songs, but kinda bland. Anyway, 99 Revolutions is a nice 'climax', though DRB would have served better here, although the guitar mixing throughout this track is a little weak I feel. So yeah. Best album of the Trilogy. Not as good as American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown, but still an epic conclusion and very worth listening to.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

OK, after my first listen of tre, my favorites are as follows.

1. Dirty Rotten Bastards
2. Brutal Love
3. X-kid
4. Drama Queen

and then more special awards from each album

Songs with best guitar solo

Uno: TroubleMaker
Dos: Wow! That's Loud
Tre: Dirty Rotten Bastards

Songs with best Drums

Uno: Nuclear Family
Dos: Stop When the Red Lights Flash
Tre: X-Kid

Songs with Best Bass

Uno: Kill the DJ
Dos: Nightlife
Tre: Dirty Rotten Bastards

Songs with Best Vocals

Uno: Sweet 16
Dos. Stray Heart
Tre: Brutal Love

Songs with Best Lyrics

Uno: Rusty James
Dos: Lazy Bones
Tre: The Forgotten
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Listened to Tre.

Uno >>>>>>>>> Dos >> Tre >>>>>>>>>> Dirty Rotten Bastards

Yes. DRB > The entire trilogy itself. Dirty Rotten Bastards was incredible, Tre was also great as a whole. I agree with Gregor in that DRB should have been the climax.

To sum up the trilogy-

Uno: horseshit. 2/10

Dos: Served it's purpose of having that young, energetic, garage vibe to it. Many great quality songs but the album didn't work well as a whole. Still didn't meet my standards for Green Day. Fav Song: Ashley. 6.5/10

Tre: Brutal Love really set the tone for the album of having that "growing up" mature vibe to it. It had much more emotion than Uno and Dos and some amazing singing. The album did flow well together. Some of the songs were dry on it but altogether it was pretty solid and a good listen. Dirty Rotten Bastards caught me by suprise I was instantly amazed by the creativity and the return of the genius. In fact- they could've just released that song instead of this whole trilogy thing and I would have been just as satisfied. DRB was the only song in the trilogy that met my expectations for Green Day. Doesn't mean the other songs are bad songs- just means that I know Green Day could write better songs. Fav Song: Dirty Rotten Bastards. 7.5/10

Uno Dos Tre- 5.3/10
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

tre is the best out of the trilogy.

i just made a concept record out of the 3
picked the best songs and made it about a boy who meets a girl at a club, they fall in love..he asks her if she wants to sleep at his place...''ill make you surrender'' , they're living on the edge and he kinda fucks up with drugs and violence ''she is my drama queen,she's old enough to bleed now'' / ''your're talking to much and i dont give a shit anyway'' .

after the break up he's partying ''let yourself go'' and doing more drugs but it doesn't last long.
''lazy bones'' is his mental break down''
then some songs about how he wants her back even though he knows he can't have her and has to move on.

the record ends with ''X-kid''
''And you were such a young soul
And you got lost and out of control
You went over the edge of joking
And I have a broken heart''

here a pic of the tracklist i made
http://tinyurl.com/alcb3nd

tell me what you think of the concept and tracks
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

That first riff in Dirty Rotten Bastards sounds very much like one of the movements from the Opera "Carmen"....i'm just saying
Mr.Amsterdam
First name: Alex
Post by Mr.Amsterdam »

Did any of you guys notice how on every album in the trilogy Billie uses "Red light flashes" at least once. I thought that was kind of weird but maybe there's a background story to it. Anyways Tre was a pretty solid album, it was a good album to end everything off.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Re:

Post by Queso Man »

cladam41 wrote:Listened to Tre.

Uno >>>>>>>>> Dos >> Tre >>>>>>>>>> Dirty Rotten Bastards

Yes. DRB > The entire trilogy itself. Dirty Rotten Bastards was incredible, Tre was also great as a whole. I agree with Gregor in that DRB should have been the climax.
I do not think you are using the value signs like you think you are using them...
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Well this is the first one that I've made to track 6 without skipping anything, pity that I already know I don't like the last 2 tracks :(
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

cladam41 wrote:That first riff in Dirty Rotten Bastards sounds very much like one of the movements from the Opera "Carmen"....i'm just saying
Do you know the classical piece 'Les Toreadors'? The melody of the first part of DRB is based heavily on that song.

It looks like the band was right when they said that the trilogy would have a strange effect on the fans - everybody will have a favourite and a least favourite, some will have a single record they adore, and others will have a single record which they hate. I personally see Uno as significantly weakest, while Tre is obviously my favourite. A lot of people didn't like the whole idea of Dos, but I loved it. When it comes to the trilogy, it's all about personal preference.
Mr.Amsterdam wrote:Did any of you guys notice how on every album in the trilogy Billie uses "Red light flashes" at least once. I thought that was kind of weird but maybe there's a background story to it. Anyways Tre was a pretty solid album, it was a good album to end everything off.
Yes, it's used in SWTRLF, Oh Love and DRB as far as I know.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Re: Re:

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Gregorovich wrote:
cladam41 wrote:That first riff in Dirty Rotten Bastards sounds very much like one of the movements from the Opera "Carmen"....i'm just saying
Do you know the classical piece 'Les Toreadors'? The melody of the first part of DRB is based heavily on that song.

It looks like the band was right when they said that the trilogy would have a strange effect on the fans - everybody will have a favourite and a least favourite, some will have a single record they adore, and others will have a single record which they hate. I personally see Uno as significantly weakest, while Tre is obviously my favourite. A lot of people didn't like the whole idea of Dos, but I loved it. When it comes to the trilogy, it's all about personal preference.
That little beginning bit is definitely from Carmen!! it's Les Toreadors! :glad:

Edit: Which is exactly what you just said. Lol Sorry.
Jeremy Kill
Re: Green Day: ¡TRÉ! is out!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

After listening to Tre, I can confidently say that the trilogy is a hit and miss for me. Each album has songs that I enjoy a fair bit, but there are many songs that just don't hold my attention. It's a lot of music to take in. I'm not a huge Green Day fan, so it's difficult to just immerse myself into each album and really get to know them.

Let Yourself Go, Kill the DJ, Lazy Bones, Makeout Party, X-Kid and Dirty Rotten Bastards rank as my absolute favorites. The basslines are really nice in Makeout Party and Dirty Rotten Bastards. The solos are pretty great too in those songs. I'm not a fan of the intro melody in Dirty Rotten Bastards though. It sounds kind of childish/silly in a way that I can't take the song seriously and the same goes for Wow! That's Loud from Dos. That being said, they're still catchy melodies and I file songs like Wow! That's Loud under "Guilty Pleasures".

Overall, I can understand how the band would want to make a trilogy album if they had all these songs kicking about. With three albums worth of songs you know there will definitely be some throw-away's and there's a good handful of them. I don't know, maybe it's just a Green Day overload, haha.
jordidanen95
Bunkface

Post by jordidanen95 »

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Re:

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

jordidanen95 wrote:http://3.media.hyves-static.net/1525016 ... 16594.jpeg

what drugs can do :P
LOL.
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Sad
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

He looks cooler and way more rock and roll, baby. For some reason that just makes me want to listen to the trilogy more.
jordidanen95
Bunkface

Post by jordidanen95 »

it's weird how people can change...
take deryck..... he looked like a clean healthy guy, and with the blouse and black tie during U.H , and changed to a ''fuck everybody'' living of jack life.

same thing with billie now...kinda
i guess everybody is just partying hard cause we're almost out of time haha :P