Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by Noreason757 »

So the full album leaked now. Overall i really like the album, favorite song is probably left alone.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

I can't seem to get into the album at all. Is it just me? Certain songs are okay, but it doesn't really vary at all and some of the lyrics are just plain bad.
It's Friday night, let's lose our minds
in a downward spiral
here we go
cause we got no control
It all sounds so processed and overly-harmonized. I was really looking forward to this shit, too. bummer. Maybe it will grow on me :sad:
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

leaked

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I was never fan of Blink and I didn't really like the songs they teased from this new album... but now after I listened it once, I kinda like it. It's nothing unique, special, really generic, maybe I haven't listened this kind of music lately, and that's why it feels good to listen in this early summertime. Although I can't say I could pick one or two songs out of the album. Maybe Sober.
All in all: I'm gonna enjoy listening to the album while I go to work and until something new music comes. :happy:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Listened to it once so far. The first three songs really kick off the album well. "Bored to Death" feels like one of the more stand-out songs to me, unfortunately.

Overall, the album is "okay". It's a step in the right direction, but the album just lacks an energy that ironically, I found in the joke songs. Maybe I'm just wanting more faster, riff-ier songs.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Maybe I'm just wanting more faster, riff-ier songs.
Despite the bad lyric, that's why I like Kings of the Weekend. Simple as hell, but it's fun, fast-paced, catchy melody.
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

I'm delighted with this record. It's a nice mix of everything that blink have done before, but with better vocals. It sucked when they revealed that Tom isn't going to work on a new album with Mark and Travis, but now I'm in love with Mark, Matt and Travis.

I cannot stop listening to California since Friday evening and a lot of song is stuck in my head, what makes me feel like an idiot, you know, I'm just sitting and smiling with the headphones on.

I'm not feeling The Only Thing That Matters and Teenage Satellites too much, but I'm pretty sure that both songs gonna grow on me. I'm hooked on San Diego, BTD, Cynical, Rabbit Hole, Left Alone, LA, No Future and Sober.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

With all the catchiness and hooks, I'm sure I'm going to be listening to this album for a good chunk of the summer and let it grow on me. As much as I love the self-titled album, California sounds like where Blink should've been after Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. They went through a strange phase of trying to push their creativity to a point where the direction just felt messy, so this album feels like a breath of fresh air, which is a strange thing to say considering it sounds closer to their older material.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I just found +44 - When Your Heart Stops Beating, and damn... Holy shit, I'm so f*cking love it! :2cool4u: (Sry FMOD, but I think now I need this light, summer feeling. Guess in october I'll be ready for the new album :devious: )
And I liked the new Blink album too, so I ask: what album would you recommend? I think I only listened to their previous one (something Neighbourhood?) and their Greatest Hits one, except 1 or 2 songs, I wasn't into any of them, but now I could make another try.
(Maybe Tom is/was my problem... I definitely prefer Mark's voice.)
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

That album is horse shit.

Not complete horse shit, just standard horse shit.

There are few decent songs on it but I don't know. It is too Blink 182; they stopped evolving and took a step back imo. When Sum 41 puts a new song out, it always has this typical vibe yet it's something new.

And Hoppus, please, stop the joke songs.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Going into it, I didn't think I'd enjoy this album much given I wasn't finding myself listening to what was released more than once. When Bored to Death and Rabbit Hole dropped, I wasn't feeling it at all. It seemed mediocre, and did nothing for me. Now, since then, Bored to Death has grew on me, and I have to say, this album has already been on repeat today! I find myself going back to Cynical, Los Angeles, San Diego, and California. I keep hearing everyone say this is the best album since TOYPAJ, but I thoroughly enjoyed Neighborhoods, maybe a little more than this, but time will tell. So much to celebrate on this 182nd day of the year.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Iam The Ghost wrote:I just found +44 - When Your Heart Stops Beating, and damn... Holy shit, I'm so f*cking love it! :2cool4u
That is a great album. Some of the best songs Mark has written, and I still enjoy listening to it front to back to this day.

After listening to California for the past few days I can say that it felt like it got old fast. Maybe I just can't relate to the songs? Honestly, I'm trying my best not to sound biased, but Fake My Own Death is so much more enjoyable because I know what Deryck went through to get to where he's at now. All the struggle and obstacles give more depth and meaning to the songs that we will eventually hear.

With Blink you know they've had trouble with Tom, and whatever, other things I don't know about. Cynical is a great song to me when I imagine it to be about the status of Blink-182 after Tom departed a second time. I don't actually know what the song is about though. The joke songs feel forced. I mean, the band is in their 40's now, aren't they?
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

When I said "When your heart stops beating" I only meant the song, I haven't listened to the whole album yet. :devious: I will and then some older Blink.
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

Did you guys listen to the b-side? In my opinion "Hey, I'm Sorry" should be featured on the album, right?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Sickore wrote:Did you guys listen to the b-side? In my opinion "Hey, I'm Sorry" should be featured on the album, right?
I am listening to it right now. It definitely could've been on the album. Take out the two joke songs or replace one of the songs near the end.

One thing I do enjoy about this album is that their choruses are big and catchy, something that was dearly lacking in Neighborhoods.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Has anyone bothered to listen to any songs from the deluxe album yet? I decided to get it after hearing Misery, and today they released the lyric video for "6/8". Honestly, I think the deluxe version has way better songs than what made the actual album. It sucks there isn't a stand-alone deluxe version on iTunes - you have to get California along with it if you click "Buy" otherwise you have to just annoyingly download each song individually.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I've heard Parking Lot and Misery, I liked the latter, but I will wait for the rest till the whole thing comes out. I really liked California, so I'll keep my eyes on the band from now on. :happy: