Demos 2008 -2011

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Jeremy Kill
Demos 2008 -2011

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I went through some unfinished projects a while back and some of them sounded pretty cool, but for whatever reason I never completed them. Probably writer's block or I just couldn't get the sound I wanted. I have 6 demos with a bonus "drunk song" at the end. The drunk song came out of me just recording and drinking Jack, thinking it would make me create something crazy. All it did was make me unable to play guitar and I couldn't record a full song, haha.
Not sure if I'll ever work on these ideas again, but if you think I should, let me know which song/riff you like the best!

PS - You may hear one or two riffs that made it into my current songs already.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: Demos 2008 -2011

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

You are an AWSOME riff writer! :2cool4u:. You should seriously form a band. Or record with one.

The Drunk one was actually awesome! It sounded so different. The alcohol definitely helped the creative juice.

edit: and I'm sure you're very aware of this, but your writing is very Sum 41 influenced! I guess that's why I like it so much. It just has that "thing" that's also in Sum 41 songs. I don't know what it is...but you have it!

edit edit: Don't let this stuff go to waste. Record an album! Even if its just this same guitar instrumental songs. It'd be silly if these riffs never saw the light of day, finish up the whole songs and then record an album! You just need that collection of songs....FULL SONGS. :winkwink:
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Yeah, I have to say the exact same to you, you are REALLY good coming up with riffs! I haven't listened to much Billy Talent but some of your stuff really reminds me of them. Also there seems to be SBM inspired stuff too. You have the skills of taking a song and make your own version of it. It sounds inspired but not copied which is perfect.

I think the first clip would make damn badass full song. Use it or I'll steal it, haha. It'd be fun to hear a slow song or just song with clean sounds from you! Song #6 is really great too! Also quite like the drunk song, haha. How do you come up with riffs, do you just play around with guitar pressing from random frets or does the riff come to your head first?
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Sweet! Like #3 riff the best (reminds me of BIME) and the tone change in #6 5:58-6:07
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

the riff in #3 was kinda the same riff as in marylin mansons sweet dreams just in heavy ... or is it just me ? ^^
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Ardi41 wrote:the riff in #3 was kinda the same riff as in marylin mansons sweet dreams just in heavy ... or is it just me ? ^^
I heard the same thing.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

samueeL wrote:Yeah, I have to say the exact same to you, you are REALLY good coming up with riffs! I haven't listened to much Billy Talent but some of your stuff really reminds me of them. Also there seems to be SBM inspired stuff too. You have the skills of taking a song and make your own version of it. It sounds inspired but not copied which is perfect.

I think the first clip would make damn badass full song. Use it or I'll steal it, haha. It'd be fun to hear a slow song or just song with clean sounds from you! Song #6 is really great too! Also quite like the drunk song, haha. How do you come up with riffs, do you just play around with guitar pressing from random frets or does the riff come to your head first?
Haha, speaking of SBM-inspired, I think there's a part in Song #4 where the riff is almost identical to Sick of Everyone with one note/one chord difference and the melody is different. The structure of the riff is pretty much the same though. However, it was a song that I did back in August 2010!

I just play around on my guitar to come up with riffs. It's kind of how I learned some scales, just by figuring what notes sound good together. There's only a few times where I tried writing a song that I thought up in my head. I think parts of Song #6.
Ardi41 wrote:the riff in #3 was kinda the same riff as in marylin mansons sweet dreams just in heavy ... or is it just me ? ^^
Haha, yes. I pretty much jacked the Sweet Dreams riff, played it a bit faster, threw in an extra note or two and tried making a song with it. I don't think I ever finished it or developed the idea further due to the fact that it sounded too much like Marilyn Manson to me or that I knew I used the riff. I felt guilty!