My Twisted Dreams

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.

My Twisted Dreams

Postby HugoDisasters on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:54 pm

A small song i made, take a listen! :D

Excuse me a lot for the weird mixing (if it ever occured you) the sound is a bit weird. Just lower the volume and it will be fine.

I'd like to know what you think about the overall track though :)
Your arguments are valid as long as you listen to it's entirety.
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby silverdolphin on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Pretty cool song from the first listen. I'll give a more detailed 'review' tomorrow when I'm fully alert.
EDIT:
I liked the octaves in the chorus. Some notes of the lead guitar in the verses did not sound good. When the solo stopped at 2:26, it didn't work for me. The drums after that sound bad. Overall, you have a song with a good chorus. Everything else needs work.
Last edited by silverdolphin on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

silverdolphin
Hooch
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:37 pm
Location: Earth.
First name: Zee
Age: 17
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby Gregorovich on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 pm

I like it, but the guitar work just sounds messy. I'd suggest practising a little more before recording.
fuck this signature nonsense
User avatar

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Leicester
First name: Gregor
Age: 21
Gender:
n00b: Jake
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby Ardi41 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:40 pm

i really liked the main riff and that bridge part at 2:14 sounds very cool ... do you have any lyrics yet ?

btw how did you do the drums ? i'm having a bit of a struggle here cause i don't know how to simulate them as i have no real ones ...
Last edited by Ardi41 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Germany
First name: Ardi
Age: 26
Gender:
PSN ID: ArdiSpleen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby Dylan on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:25 am

Gregorovich wrote:I like it, but the guitar work just sounds messy. I'd suggest practising a little more before recording.


this. i couldn't get past the first minute. the high lead is horribly out of key, and the drum track is very poor. sorry dude, but all things will come with practice. the potential is there, just keep practicing.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."
Image

Follow me on Twitter!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 6786
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:44 pm
First name: Dylan
Age: 20
Gender:
AKA: NoReason27, 2712
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby ÜBERCUNT on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:28 am

It would sound good if you knew how to record.
Image
User avatar

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: The library
First name: Sigfried
Age: 12
Gender:
n00b: Me
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby silverdolphin on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:52 am

Ardi41 wrote:btw how did you do the drums ? i'm having a bit of a struggle here cause i don't know how to simulate them as i have no real ones ...

EZDrummer and its extra kits, Addictive Drums and Native Instruments Battery are great.
User avatar

silverdolphin
Hooch
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:37 pm
Location: Earth.
First name: Zee
Age: 17
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby Ardi41 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:49 am

silverdolphin wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:btw how did you do the drums ? i'm having a bit of a struggle here cause i don't know how to simulate them as i have no real ones ...

EZDrummer and its extra kits, Addictive Drums and Native Instruments Battery are great.

thank you :) !
Image
User avatar

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Germany
First name: Ardi
Age: 26
Gender:
PSN ID: ArdiSpleen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby HugoDisasters on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:30 pm

silverdolphin wrote:Pretty cool song from the first listen. I'll give a more detailed 'review' tomorrow when I'm fully alert.
EDIT:
I liked the octaves in the chorus. Some notes of the lead guitar in the verses did not sound good. When the solo stopped at 2:26, it didn't work for me. The drums after that sound bad. Overall, you have a song with a good chorus. Everything else needs work.

Thanks a bunch for giving me feedback man :)
I see what you're thinking, and I'm cool with that.

Gregorovich wrote:I like it, but the guitar work just sounds messy. I'd suggest practising a little more before recording.

I see.
I know why, it's because i pretty much never "practice" before recording. So what's recorded is basically what happens.
I don't sit down and polish my ideas very much, i tend to just let the feelings go through, giving me a more live feeling while actually "writing it down" in the shape of an audio track. So i think we understand each other about the fact that it sounds like that.

Ardi41 wrote:i really liked the main riff and that bridge part at 2:14 sounds very cool ... do you have any lyrics yet ?

btw how did you do the drums ? i'm having a bit of a struggle here cause i don't know how to simulate them as i have no real ones ...

I'm glad you liked it even though it could be just as Gregorovich said. No lyrics yet, but the melody is pretty much there so all it needs is words onto it.

I did the drums as someone already mentioned, EZDrums. They work out pretty good for those who doesn't have drummers.

TheWatchmaker wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:I like it, but the guitar work just sounds messy. I'd suggest practising a little more before recording.


this. i couldn't get past the first minute. the high lead is horribly out of key, and the drum track is very poor. sorry dude, but all things will come with practice. the potential is there, just keep practicing.

Cool, well as i mentioned before there wasn't really any practicing done on this. You're wrong about the high lead being horribly out of key, it isn't. I agree about the drum tracks, could have put more work into it but i didn't feel like it so that's why it turned out like that.

cladam41 wrote:It would sound good if you knew how to record.

I hope you don't consider yourself mature.
I wouldn't.

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby Jeremy Kill on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:18 pm

The very beginning of the song sounded very messy, I couldn't make out what the melody was. I had to listen to it again and found out it was the drum track that you used. It just set everything off in that area and the part after the solo. The melody was pretty good, though kind of repetitive. I think you used it in too many parts of the song.

Like Dylan said, the potential is there, but you definitely need to practice more before you record. I do the same thing where I just sit down and record and whatever happens happens, but I still play until I've got the best, most fluid recording. I'll go up to 98 takes if I have to.
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12879
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 0
Gender:

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby Dylan on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 pm

HugoDisasters wrote:
TheWatchmaker wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:I like it, but the guitar work just sounds messy. I'd suggest practising a little more before recording.


this. i couldn't get past the first minute. the high lead is horribly out of key, and the drum track is very poor. sorry dude, but all things will come with practice. the potential is there, just keep practicing.

Cool, well as i mentioned before there wasn't really any practicing done on this. You're wrong about the high lead being horribly out of key, it isn't. I agree about the drum tracks, could have put more work into it but i didn't feel like it so that's why it turned out like that.



maybe i should be more specific. the notes around the 25 second mark are wrong. i don't know if you're doing a bend, but whatever it is, isn't in tune/key with the rest of the riff. what kind of guitar are you using? is the innotation correct? where on the neck are you playing?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."
Image

Follow me on Twitter!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 6786
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:44 pm
First name: Dylan
Age: 20
Gender:
AKA: NoReason27, 2712
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: My Twisted Dreams

Postby HugoDisasters on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:22 am

TheWatchmaker wrote:
HugoDisasters wrote:
TheWatchmaker wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:I like it, but the guitar work just sounds messy. I'd suggest practising a little more before recording.


this. i couldn't get past the first minute. the high lead is horribly out of key, and the drum track is very poor. sorry dude, but all things will come with practice. the potential is there, just keep practicing.

Cool, well as i mentioned before there wasn't really any practicing done on this. You're wrong about the high lead being horribly out of key, it isn't. I agree about the drum tracks, could have put more work into it but i didn't feel like it so that's why it turned out like that.



maybe i should be more specific. the notes around the 25 second mark are wrong. i don't know if you're doing a bend, but whatever it is, isn't in tune/key with the rest of the riff. what kind of guitar are you using? is the innotation correct? where on the neck are you playing?

It's a telecaster, things are correct.
My bends aren't the most awesome so i guess you might be right about the bend though.

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano


Return to Musicians

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron