Any e-drummers here ?

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Any e-drummers here ?

Post by 182sins »

Hey guys !!

Well, I just heard a new song from Green Day (Carpe Diem), and since there's no studio version of it I thought "hey ! what about doing a cover of it ??".
One thing though... I'm NOT a drummer, and I will probably never become one, I suck sooooo much at it ! And to make a good cover, there's no secret, you need good vox tracks, good guitar tracks, a good bass track and... good drums tracks !
And, since I need drums first to be able to play on it, well guess what ? I'm STUCK !
So what I'd need is someone who listens to that song, and play it on an electronic kit, se he can send me the midi file, which would help me A LOT :D
So I was wondering, would anyone of you be able to do this ??

Thanks !!!
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals

Re: Any e-drummers here ?

Post by HugoDisasters »

Seems like nobody is interested, I wish i could help you but I'm not a drummer...

I do think you could take the midi "mappings" from a guitar pro file and put them in a virtual drum machine like EzDrummer or something
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Twitter: @cyril_41

Re: Any e-drummers here ?

Post by 182sins »

Haha yeah seems like no one can/wants to help me :D

Anyway thanks for your answer ! I know ezdrummer and software like that a lot actually, I'm just having trouble programming the midi track which will be played by the virtual instrument. I tried to get some midi files of their other songs to get some "patterns" but so far it didn't help me. I SUCK at midi programming, that why a real drummer would be of some use here...

Gosh, playing dums seems so hard ! To all drummers out there: I respect you, sincerely !