Distortion Pedal

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Hoocher
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Bass

Distortion Pedal

Post by Hoocher »

Hey there,

Well I want to buy a new pedal for my guitar, I have a Fender Stratocaster HH1 and my amp is a Vox Valvetronix AD30VTXL 30. I already have the Boss DS-1 pedal, though with I can't to that Punk sound I want of Sum 41. I know most of the time they're playing is with their amps' distortion or something but I'm looking for that smooth distortion sound like in DTLI?. I want my power chords to sound clean without any annoying feedback. Anyway I was searching for a while and I bumped into this pedal which sounds pretty good but I'm not sure about it. Would you mind giving a feedback about it and maybe suggest something else if you have in mind?

http://www.hotguitarist.com/Merchant2/g ... 20Full.jpg

Thanks in advance.

PS: If you think I can get that sound with my DS-1 let me know, if you have a suggestion of some other pedal which you like (not necessarily distortion) write here please.
Last edited by Hoocher on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Re: Distortion Pedal

Post by SickofEveryone »

I actually heard that with your pedal you can get a punk sound out of it. But..I have MD-2 and I love it! I can play anything with it, I also have the Turbo Rat and that is nice too, but I can't get all the sounds I want out of it. That's all the distortion pedal I have, I mostly use my amp distortion, depends on what I am playing. Oh I forgot I do have TL-2 but don't get that, it's metal and it just about sucks ,lol. I suggest an MXR or MD-2. Good luck!
So Go to guitar center and try them out!
Hoocher
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hoocher »

I know I can get some punk sound out of my pedal but there's this terrible feedback might be cause of the amp or the pedal dunno. My amp's distortion is terrible and there's not even an official clean mode on it, it is called "glassed" which is the closest thing I have to clean. Anyway, thanks. Anyone else? (looking for DTLI sound)

PS: Will a compressor help me get the sound? and does anyone know the pedal in the picture?
Last edited by Hoocher on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

Hoocher wrote:I know I can get some punk sound out of my pedal but there's this terrible feedback might be cause of the amp or the pedal dunno. My amp's distortion is terrible and there's not even an official clean mode on it, it is called "glassed" which is the closest thing I have to clean. Anyway, thanks. Anyone else? (looking for DTLI sound)

PS: Will a compressor help me get the sound? and does anyone know the pedal in the picture?
Have you tried a smart gate? If it's the amp try getting a new speaker maybe. I would say no to the compressor, but that's my opinion. I tried the Dimebag pedal once, and I would say it's more for hardcore punk, I mean you can still get other sounds out of it, but for the sound of DTLI I would say no. I still say try out the MD-2, MXR Zakk Wylde, MXR Distortion +, or and EQ.

Good luck! :winkwink: