Two Hardly-Finished Songs

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

These are the two songs I've been working on for a while now. The first one (Say Something Clever) has been in the works since April and the other song since the beginning of May.

I guess they both have a beginning, middle and end now, but there's more I'd like to add to them and smoothen the rough edges and make the transitions more fluid.

Anyway, let me know what you think of them so far.

Say Something Clever
My Worst Rendezvous
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Two Hardly-Finished Songs

Post by Gregorovich »

Haha, nice name :devious:

Also, the songs are fucking insane. Love that Sum riff in MWR.
fuck this signature nonsense
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I thought of using title "My Worst Rendezvous" too! But in all seriousness, I really enjoy both of them a lot. Probably My Worst Rendezvous a bit more 'cause of the "slide riff" and also it reminds me of Sum 41 a bit. Your songs would be fucking hits with vocals. Instrumental wise they're so ass kicking that even the worst possible vocal melody couldn't bring them down.

But man, you really come up with great riffs. And one of your songs, I believe it was Hometown Hero inspired me to write a song couple months ago!
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

the second one was really good, but the first one is kinda a rip of heart's "crazy on you" riff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IW08mC3zE start at :44. the second one's still good though.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

Sounds pretty cool mate

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Very cool !!! What gear did you use ?
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

Great songs! :D
How do you record your music? What equipment and software?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

dbauer91 wrote:the second one was really good, but the first one is kinda a rip of heart's "crazy on you" riff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IW08mC3zE start at :44. the second one's still good though.
Haha, I knew that riff had to come from somewhere! It sounded too familiar to me.

Thanks for the feedback guys. For those wondering what equipment I'm using it's really simple and basic. I've got my guitar hooked up to a Line 6 PODxt, which is plugged into my laptop. I use a program called Sonoma Riffworks and use some preset guitar tones and drum machines.

I'd like to get better recording equipment one day, but as for right now I'm just getting my ideas down.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

dbauer91 wrote:the second one was really good, but the first one is kinda a rip of heart's "crazy on you" riff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IW08mC3zE start at :44. the second one's still good though.
I'm a big Heart fan so I noticed that right away, wasn't intentional by you of course. So I like the second one the best, I liked the beginning, it was darker and had more depth, then at 0:20 - 0:40 it kinda fell off for me. The bridge was a nice tone change with the 2:43 - 3:00 lead part. Overall that song was more dynamic than Say Something Clever
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fenderrocks wrote:
I'm a big Heart fan so I noticed that right away, wasn't intentional by you of course. So I like the second one the best, I liked the beginning, it was darker and had more depth, then at 0:20 - 0:40 it kinda fell off for me. The bridge was a nice tone change with the 2:43 - 3:00 lead part. Overall that song was more dynamic than Say Something Clever
Yeah, the part after the intro in Rendezvous feels out of place for me, like it's not loud enough or something.