i'm finally on soundcloud bitches.

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

so all of you should ch-check out my stuff. i promise it doesn't suck...
http://soundcloud.com/danbauer
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: i'm finally on soundcloud bitches.

Post by TomiT14 »

Could someone explain what this SoundCloud thing is?
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

TomiT14 wrote:Could someone explain what this SoundCloud thing is?
A cloud of sound :2cool4u:
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

A new thing where people are uploading their shit into.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

MySpace used to be cool. It's really shitty nowadays. So people need a new website to upload "their shit into".

Bandcamp is the best.

dbauer your music is cool but could be better.
Last edited by ptido on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

The first sand song sucked man.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

yes much worse than your music fo sho. oh wait...
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

dbauer91 wrote:yes much worse than your music fo sho. oh wait...
Dude, you're way too arrogant. People think you're dick 'cause your self-esteem level is way too high. "I'm the best drummer here, I'm the best guitarist here, I write the best songs..." etc. Wake up. I think you're songs are okay, nothing special.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

samueeL wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:yes much worse than your music fo sho. oh wait...
Dude, you're way too arrogant. People think you're dick 'cause your self-esteem level is way too high. "I'm the best drummer here, I'm the best guitarist here, I write the best songs..." etc. Wake up. I think you're songs are okay, nothing special.

This.

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Fuck they're not even okay, because okay songs do not bother you.
I clicked on the first song, listened to it, and thought it sucked, so i said so in here, i thought i was helping you to realize that, at least, it's not done yet.
You're an arrogant prick that sucks at playing music. live with it.

OWNED
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

i know all of you would want some humility or me to say that my songs suck or whatever, but i'm not going to. i really do think i'm a good songwriter, and, while i present myself in a prick-like manner at times, i won't change my stance. i honestly think my songs are well-thought-out, original, and very diverse. so you can say i'm arrogant or whatever, but i'm not gonna change my views on what i think of my originals for the sake of pleasing others. honestly, i bet half of you who post originals on here would wanna say, "guys check out my song, i think it's great," but don't cuz you don't wanna be perceived as a dick. i think if you've come up w/ something you're proud of, why not stand by it and defend it? i think more people should.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I'll be honest and say I tried to listen but it's just not the type of music I listen to. There's nothing wrong about defending your music, but people will just leave their opinion, and you can take them in account or simply ignore them, but if you want to improve your songs, you definitely have to understand what other people except, and yeah try to be less arrogant. Again, I'm nobody to judge you, but try to keep in my you NEED the advises of other people, even if you are Deryck Whibley
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Your songs are like rap + instruments which is probably not the most liked combination. This is rock band's fansite after all so people here don't really listen to that much rap.

And that's the way you should be: "I think it's great" 'cause you're way too close to your songs to say if they're really good or not. And at the end of the day everyone got their own opinion so there's no such thing as good song for everybody. I listened to 3 or 4 of your songs recently and I didn't get any touch of them. I have no idea what section is going on. That's not a good thing.

The fact is everyone's got something to learn and you cannot assume that everyone here is gonna give you praises. You're 19, you can't be the greatest songwriter of all time (aggravated a bit). When I manage to post my EP I really want people to tell me honestly their opinion about my songs. 'Cause I write songs alone, like you do too, you don't see/hear everything about the songs. It's hard to explain but the fact is it's better to work with someone 'cause then there's someone to help you get rid of your "bad habits" as songwriter.

I'm sad to say this but I enjoy ptidos, Heathers and Jeremy's songs a lot more. That's probably 'cause I know what's going on in them. And ptidtos and heathers vocals were singing rather than rap. Then again this is just my opinion and other people might like your songs more. I'm not trying to be dick, I'm trying to be honest and tell you what I think out loud rather than keep it to myself, this way maybe you can realize what other people here are saying too.

Yes, you should be proud of your songs. And I can tell you, every single songwriter sometimes feels that "damn I wrote the best song of all time or "I'm better than Noel Gallagher" :D But at some point it's healthy to realize that you didn't wrote the best song of all time. But you've come up with every single instrument's part and recorded them so you can be proud of yourself. And remember: being modest is one of the best traits of all time, of all time!

Edit: Just listened the newest song, Hey World. It was really good. That's how you do it. Honestly, great job.
Last edited by samueeL on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I thought Hey World was quite good, but I think the others just lacked energy - and the rap/alt guitar sound doesn't really work. You could make much better music if you made it feel more natural and energetic,
fuck this signature nonsense
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

samueeL wrote:Your songs are like rap + instruments which is probably not the most liked combination. This is rock band's fansite after all so people here don't really listen to that much rap.

And that's the way you should be: "I think it's great" 'cause you're way too close to your songs to say if they're really good or not. And at the end of the day everyone got their own opinion so there's no such thing as good song for everybody. I listened to 3 or 4 of your songs recently and I didn't get any touch of them. I have no idea what section is going on. That's not a good thing.

The fact is everyone's got something to learn and you cannot assume that everyone here is gonna give you praises. You're 19, you can't be the greatest songwriter of all time (aggravated a bit). When I manage to post my EP I really want people to tell me honestly their opinion about my songs. 'Cause I write songs alone, like you do too, you don't see/hear everything about the songs. It's hard to explain but the fact is it's better to work with someone 'cause then there's someone to help you get rid of your "bad habits" as songwriter.

I'm sad to say this but I enjoy ptidos, Heathers and Jeremy's songs a lot more. That's probably 'cause I know what's going on in them. And ptidtos and heathers vocals were singing rather than rap. Then again this is just my opinion and other people might like your songs more. I'm not trying to be dick, I'm trying to be honest and tell you what I think out loud rather than keep it to myself, this way maybe you can realize what other people here are saying too.

Yes, you should be proud of your songs. And I can tell you, every single songwriter sometimes feels that "damn I wrote the best song of all time or "I'm better than Noel Gallagher" :D But at some point it's healthy to realize that you didn't wrote the best song of all time. But you've come up with every single instrument's part and recorded them so you can be proud of yourself. And remember: being modest is one of the best traits of all time, of all time!

Edit: Just listened the newest song, Hey World. It was really good. That's how you do it. Honestly, great job.
thanks man, that's def some constructive feedback. and in the future, i'll keep in mind the arrogance thing fo sho. :2cool4u: and def post your ep, i'm sure it'll kick ass.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I really don't mind the rapping. I am a huge fan of Hollywood Undead. I personally like your songs. Would gladly listen to more. My music taste is quite varied after all.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I didn't mind that Hey World song. Everything else is ok.

And dude, you're allowed to say "here's some of my songs, had fun doing them, I reckon they're pretty good!" - there's nothing wrong with something like that at all. What pisses me off is just your arrogance with the instrument playing. I really haven't heard you play anything hard in any songs yet. I'm fine with you saying you think your songs are awesome, but until you play some amazing stuff just don't say you're great at guitar or whatever. I remembered you said something about it in the instrument thread ages ago and seemed like a total douche then posted something that didn't demonstrate much skill. There's nothing wrong with not being a pro at guitar, but there is something wrong with not being pro at guitar and saying you are better than everyone else here, it just annoys the shit out of people.

However I haven't seen you say that lately so I dunno if that post was necessary it's just what I was thinking a while ago when you said some shit.

Your voice is pretty interesting, I think it'd make suit some acoustic stuff better than this style maybe.
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I checked out your music, I think the songs 'Hey World' and 'Broken' are really good. The rest I don't like that much.