Acoustic Guitars

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Acoustic Guitars

Post by Dylan »

today i noticed that the neck my my cheap Stat-knockoff guitar's neck is warped and most likely thats the reason it is never properly in tune. it makes me sad cause now i need a new guitar. though it was an electric, im leaning towards buying an acoustic/electric. i know that the choice is all about what sounds good to me and i need to try some out first, but i was just curious to what some of your opinions are on acoustic guitars/ keeping in mind price and quality. i've played a few Fenders and a few Epiphones but which is the better "bang for my bucks"?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Acoustic Guitars

Post by samueeL »

Well, I have electro-acoustic: Yamaha FJX720 CS and I really really like it and electronic parts have really good price/quality ratio. Price, hmm. 600-700 bucks would be close.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6712_n.jpg[/imgwidth]

Sample: http://koti.mbnet.fi/pro-saba/Yamahatesti.wav
(Sounds like I recorded it with my cheap cheap microphone, but you'll get the idea. I recorded that clip when I bought the guitar.. soz bad playing :D)
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Re: Acoustic Guitars

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Epiphones are consistently getting better in quality the newer and newer they are, but they do give out and break relatively easy. Honestly, in my opinion, a great acoustic - that won't bankrupt you, but will give you great sound - is a Yamaha. I'm not a huge Yamaha fan but I am impressed by their acoustic variety. Also, if you're going for something a little different, check out Ovation Guitars. Very nice sound.

If you've got the cash to blow, go full out and buy a Martin :happy:
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.