Check Out Some of My Originals!

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Check Out Some of My Originals!

Post by dbauer91 »

hey, so i've been recording shit for about a half a year now, and still have way more to upload (i have like 22 songs total so far), but here's a few at least: http://www.youtube.com/user/danbauermusic
let me know what you think!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: Check Out Some of My Originals!

Post by Mitchell »

The songs are too long imo..
The drums sound good..
The guitar tone doesn't really fit in some songs..
The vocals don't really blend in with the rest of the music.
The bass sounds pretty damn good

but the songwriting is really good and I really like 'saying goodbye' and 'nothing to fear'
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

thanks man, and yea i guess the guitar tone could use so adjusting, but i'm still pretty proud of how the guitar itself came out sounding. and chyea they are pretty long, but w/e so is my dick, so i guess it matches. :winkwink:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

The problem is that you have to get people to like your songs.. if you've established a fanbase or at least a group of people that listen to your songs..

When you did that you can write longer songs.. if you don't have that fanbase people will get bored with the songs after a few minutes..
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

dbauer91 wrote:and chyea they are pretty long, but w/e so is my dick, so i guess it matches. :winkwink:
i lol'd big time at this.
fuck this signature nonsense
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

true dat, but i'm not gonna change the way i write songs just to appeal to a certain crowd, etc. if people like my songs then fine, but if they don't have the patience to sit there and listen to the whole things, then so be it. i'll get whatever listeners i can take, but thanks for the feedback!
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

Gregorovich wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:and chyea they are pretty long, but w/e so is my dick, so i guess it matches. :winkwink:
i lol'd big time at this.
well you'd probably lol harder at my song, "wordsmith." i know, i know, it's rap and this is a sum 41 site, but check it out at least, you'll probably lol at quite a few of the lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9H_G-- ... er&list=UL
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

it's actually pretty cool ! I even liked the rap one and I really feel Sublime in your songs (especially Nothing to Fear and Wordsmith) ...but I pretty enjoyed all of your songs and I like your voice,actually I can imagine myself listening to the kind of music you make

you just proved to me again that it's worth to take the time to listen to some new music !

although I don't know if you can take it that seriously from such a person like me,cause I really like fucking many bands from The Beatles to System of a Down...but I can guarantee you that there is also an enormous bunch of ''artists'' that I'd like to erase and kick out of the music industry...

and I don't mind the length ...if you will keep this opinion true dat, but i'm not gonna change the way i write songs just to appeal to a certain crowd, etc. then that would be awesome
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

FuckT41182 wrote:it's actually pretty cool ! I even liked the rap one and I really feel Sublime in your songs (especially Nothing to Fear and Wordsmith) ...but I pretty enjoyed all of your songs and I like your voice,actually I can imagine myself listening to the kind of music you make

you just proved to me again that it's worth to take the time to listen to some new music !

although I don't know if you can take it that seriously from such a person like me,cause I really like fucking many bands from The Beatles to System of a Down...but I can guarantee you that there is also an enormous bunch of ''artists'' that I'd like to erase and kick out of the music industry...

and I don't mind the length ...if you will keep this opinion true dat, but i'm not gonna change the way i write songs just to appeal to a certain crowd, etc. then that would be awesome
thanks for the feedback man! and i don't get how everyone can tell i'm into sublime haha, my voice maybe? and don't worry, i'll definitely ignore the advice about shortening my songs :winkwink: