Guitar help?

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Name
Bunkface
First name: Dave
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums

Guitar help?

Post by Name »

Okay so i've been playing guitar for a few months now and all i own is a green Stagestar Ibanez. My father agreed to getting me a new guitar for Christmas and i'm not sure what would be good for me and my band. We play mostly metal/punk/post-hardcore so i need a guitar that sounds good distorted. I was thinking of the Deryck Fender xD (i would prefer Tele's or Strat's)

P.S. IM TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM EPIPHONES AND SQUIRE'S!
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Re: Guitar help?

Post by Nic »

You want a guitar with humbuckers. Deryck's signature tele is actually a Squire. So if you wan't to stay away from those then I wouldn't get it. It really depends on how much you would like to spend.
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Nic wrote:You want a guitar with humbuckers. Deryck's signature tele is actually a Squire. So if you wan't to stay away from those then I wouldn't get it. It really depends on how much you would like to spend.
My price range is up to 400$

and damn i love the design of Derycks signature but i hate the quality of squires
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nic »

Name wrote:
Nic wrote:You want a guitar with humbuckers. Deryck's signature tele is actually a Squire. So if you wan't to stay away from those then I wouldn't get it. It really depends on how much you would like to spend.

and damn i love the design of Derycks signature but i hate the quality of squires
Don't worry man. The squire is based off of Deryck's FENDER '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://www.fender.com/themes/products/i ... 306_md.jpg[/imgwidth]

It has two wide range humbuckers, so it will help you achieve that dirty tone. The only conflict is the guitar's price and your budget. One of these axes will cost you around $700 USD brand new. If you really want one, and money is a problem, try finding one used. I am building one right now.
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Nic wrote:
Name wrote:

Don't worry man. The squire is based off of Deryck's FENDER '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://www.fender.com/themes/products/i ... 306_md.jpg[/imgwidth]

It has two wide range humbuckers, so it will help you achieve that dirty tone. The only conflict is the guitar's price and your budget. One of these axes will cost you around $700 USD brand new. If you really want one, and money is a problem, try finding one used. I am building one right now.
The 72' looks awesome and from what i've heard from youtube it's exactly what i'm looking for. I think i'll just have to look around

The Signature is a bit too basic for what its worth. You could get the same type of squire thats not Derycks signature for 179$ USD
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I've been saving up some money to buy and customize that Fender just like Deryck did..

But I'm not going to copy it exactly.
I'm not going to unwire the neck pickup, I'm leaving in all the knobs and the pickup selector..
And I might make it exact like Deryck's guitar afterwards...
BrandonCorey
Ma Poubelle

Post by BrandonCorey »

Go with a cheap jackson or something
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Can you go up to $450? Save up some money for yourself and help add to your dad's guitar fund so you can get the new Fender Blacktop Telecaster HH.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/p ... 752988.jpg[/imgwidth]

It's essentially Deryck's old Telecaster HH model that they had back in 2003/2004, except it has different knobs and the selector switch is in a different position. Not to mention this one has a belly contour cut, which feels really nice when you're playing sitting down.
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Can you go up to $450? Save up some money for yourself and help add to your dad's guitar fund so you can get the new Fender Blacktop Telecaster HH.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/p ... 752988.jpg[/imgwidth]

It's essentially Deryck's old Telecaster HH model that they had back in 2003/2004, except it has different knobs and the selector switch is in a different position. Not to mention this one has a belly contour cut, which feels really nice when you're playing sitting down.
Hmmm i like the basic design on this one, and it sounds pretty damn good for its price. I'll probably go with this if i could scrape about 50$ from family and relatives for the holidays haha thanks
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nic »

Name wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:Can you go up to $450? Save up some money for yourself and help add to your dad's guitar fund so you can get the new Fender Blacktop Telecaster HH.

Hmmm i like the basic design on this one, and it sounds pretty damn good for its price. I'll probably go with this if i could scrape about 50$ from family and relatives for the holidays haha thanks
I actually heard all of the Blacktop series sucks.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Nic wrote:
Name wrote:

lol at shattering that guys dream(it's a bit exaggerated, I know).
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Nic wrote:
Name wrote:

Funny how it sucks, it looks badass.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I've heard the pickups sound muddy, but those can always be changed to suit your playing style.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I've heard the pickups sound muddy, but those can always be changed to suit your playing style.

EDIT: I saw your introduction thread
Yeah i joined a few days ago soooo hey everybody. I literally think Sum 41 is the best band of all time but i also like Mettalica, Slayer, Mega Death, The Clash, Blur, MCR Green Day, Aesop Rock, Gorillaz, A Day To Remmeber etc. Mainly Metal and Punk (with some exceptions)
I own a 56' Gibson, and a replica Sum 41 Whibley Fender Telecaster and have a band called "Name:_____"
I'm confused. :confusion:
Name wrote:Okay so i've been playing guitar for a few months now and all i own is a green Stagestar Ibanez.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nic »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I've heard the pickups sound muddy, but those can always be changed to suit your playing style.

Yeah i joined a few days ago soooo hey everybody. I literally think Sum 41 is the best band of all time but i also like Mettalica, Slayer, Mega Death, The Clash, Blur, MCR Green Day, Aesop Rock, Gorillaz, A Day To Remmeber etc. Mainly Metal and Punk (with some exceptions)
I own a 56' Gibson, and a replica Sum 41 Whibley Fender Telecaster and have a band called "Name:_____"
Name wrote:Okay so i've been playing guitar for a few months now and all i own is a green Stagestar Ibanez.
Hahahaha. Salt.
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Nic wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I've heard the pickups sound muddy, but those can always be changed to suit your playing style.

Hahahaha. Salt.
bahaha funny story about that. Well the 56' Gibson isn't OFFICIALLY mine xD its my brothers. I'm allowed to use it but only for practice when i alone xD. And about the deryck whibly replica i never got it. i put that because i was planning to get one that week for from guitarcenter.com(NO JOKE xD) but my dad wouldn't buy it because he wanted me to get a different guitar. Which is why i made this forum because i need an idea of what to get xD.

GOD DAMMIT, you all made me feel like such a liar right now :suicide: xD

I have no idea why never mentioned the Ibanez xD
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nic »

Name wrote:
Nic wrote:

Hahahaha. Salt.
bahaha funny story about that. Well the 56' Gibson isn't OFFICIALLY mine xD its my brothers. I'm allowed to use it but only for practice when i alone xD. And about the deryck whibly replica i never got it. i put that because i was planning to get one that week for from guitarcenter.com(NO JOKE xD) but my dad wouldn't buy it because he wanted me to get a different guitar. Which is why i made this forum because i need an idea of what to get xD.

LIAR! :silly: :silly: :silly:
Name
Bunkface

Post by Name »

Nic wrote:
Name wrote:
Nic wrote:

Hahahaha. Salt.

LIAR! :silly: :silly: :silly:
Lmfao no! :balling: xD