Musique Concréte

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Musique Concréte

Post by fergal41 »

I don't know if many of you are familiar with the genre/concept, but basically it's a form of music composition that came about when new editing tools became available with post World-War II technology. There is no real conventional musical structure involved, it's more of a demonstration of editing techniques, so people generally either love it or hate it upon first listen.

I have composed a piece and it can be found on my Soundcloud page here:

http://www.soundcloud.com/fergality/

I'd love if people could give it a listen and give me some opinions, criticism etc.

There's also a balls out, badass rock song on there from a band I recorded live earlier in the year :)
Jeremy Kill
Re: Musique Concréte

Post by Jeremy Kill »

It was interesting, haha. The first track reminds me of this video I watched in college about a psychiatric patient (or what was supposed to be a take on a psychiatric patient). The second track is quite awesome!
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:The first track reminds me of this video I watched in college about a psychiatric patient (or what was supposed to be a take on a psychiatric patient)
Haha, yeah - that seems to be the general kind of feel achieved with most of the pieces I've heard!

I like the second track myself, the band are really kick ass. But fuck me, does compression take the life out of tracks that get uploaded to the internet - most of the detail gets lost :/
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

nice topic, second one is fantastic
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah pretty cool ...the second one either reminds me of something or I have heard that song before...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge