Looking at some of the Sum 41 tabs on here

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek
Looking at some of the Sum 41 tabs on here

Post by kILLDR3n »

Are some of these right?

For example look at Over My Head intro that shows Guitar "4 & 5". And Over My Head chorus the first chord I think is wrong.

I think most of them are exactly right, but I'm not sure if the tab book was made from consulting the band.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: Looking at some of the Sum 41 tabs on here

Post by Boni »

I don't think they would be involved in making the tab book. It would be from professional guitar players that listen and translate the music into the tabs.
[donate][/donate]
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

There's some stuff in there that I know Sum 41 plays differently live. I'm not talking the same chord just on different strings I'm talking like different notes.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

kILLDR3n wrote:There's some stuff in there that I know Sum 41 plays differently live.
Well of course! Isn't it like that with every other band?
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

TomiT14 wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:There's some stuff in there that I know Sum 41 plays differently live.
Well of course! Isn't it like that with every other band?
Well yeah obviously, but I mean some of the stuff in the book IS wrong. Its very small sections though. Where it would be just a chord or two and only on like a song or two.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

No, it's correct. Both guitars 4 and 5 are played at the same time. Listen to this cover of Over My Head I did, I played the intro with all the parts in that tab book.

http://www.purevolume.com/CaliforniaScu ... ornia+Scum

Also the first chord in the chorus, the E5 powerchord, is also correct. The guitars tabbed out for the chorus are tuned to drop D and when the band plays the song live they play it in half-step down.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Jeremy Kill wrote:No, it's correct. Both guitars 4 and 5 are played at the same time. Listen to this cover of Over My Head I did, I played the intro with all the parts in that tab book.

Also the first chord in the chorus, the E5 powerchord, is also correct. The guitars tabbed out for the chorus are tuned to drop D and when the band plays the song live they play it in half-step down.
I just noticed that have a song about my Birthday :D:D
[donate][/donate]
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:No, it's correct. Both guitars 4 and 5 are played at the same time. Listen to this cover of Over My Head I did, I played the intro with all the parts in that tab book.

They do play some parts completely different live..
For example: Deryck plays the rythm part during the still waiting solo completely different live
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:

Surprise! It's a belated birthday present! :silly:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:

For example: Deryck plays the rythm part during the still waiting solo completely different live
Yeah, I think he plays octaves during the solo, right? Whatever he plays live for that part is also in the tab book, I believe.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:

Surprise! It's a belated birthday present! :silly:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:

Yeah he does..
I also noticed he plays the no brains chorus different live.. just found that out yesterday, but there are so many songs that they play different live..

Yeah, I think he plays octaves during the solo, right? Whatever he plays live for that part is also in the tab book, I believe.