Vox AC30

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Vox AC30

Post by Nic »

Does anyone have one of these amps? I think it will be the next amp I purchase. Jeremy, I know you will read this. What amp do you play through?
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Vox AC30

Post by fergal41 »

I have it yeah, it's a killer amp. There's only really preset modes on it though, there's no stock dry setting. It really does kick ass all the same - savage range of tones out of it. I'd recommend ordering the foot switch with it too - it doesn't come in the box!
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

fergal41 wrote:I have it yeah, it's a killer amp. There's only really preset modes on it though, there's no stock dry setting. It really does kick ass all the same - savage range of tones out of it. I'd recommend ordering the foot switch with it too - it doesn't come in the box!
I will probably buy it used. My '59 Fender Bassman RI is a beast for that "stock dry setting". It's got a sick clean tone. I want this amp for it's aggression and power.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Nice, it'll sound better used too as long as the previous owner didn't play the tube into the floor. It's fairly powerful alright, good choice!
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I heard pretty good things about vox amps, ac30's seem to be really great !
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Nic wrote:Does anyone have one of these amps? I think it will be the next amp I purchase. Jeremy, I know you will read this. What amp do you play through?
I've been playing through the same amp I've had since I started playing guitar, haha. It's a Fender Frontman 25R and I don't think it's even worth $200 anymore. I'm in need of a new amp, but I haven't been shopping around or doing a whole lot of research in what to look for in amps. Though, I was thinking of upgrading to a tube/combo amp like the Marshall Haze (I think it was called).
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Nic wrote:Does anyone have one of these amps? I think it will be the next amp I purchase. Jeremy, I know you will read this. What amp do you play through?
I've been playing through the same amp I've had since I started playing guitar, haha. It's a Fender Frontman 25R and I don't think it's even worth $200 anymore. I'm in need of a new amp, but I haven't been shopping around or doing a whole lot of research in what to look for in amps. Though, I was thinking of upgrading to a tube/combo amp like the Marshall Haze (I think it was called).
25R's are only about 100.00 now, haha.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake-41 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Six years has gone so fast. Wake me up, when I get a new amp.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Six years has gone so fast. Wake me up, when I get a new amp.
Lulz.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

wait, have you had a try of it? don't buy it if you haven't tried it. some people might love the tone and you could hate it

i have an AC50 stack and it's pretty awesome