"Champion Recess Fighter" - New Song

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Jeremy Kill
"Champion Recess Fighter" - New Song

Post by Jeremy Kill »

It's pretty straight-forward. Probably the fastest I've recorded a song right after doing another since about a year ago.

The rest of my originals can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaliforniaScum
http://www.myspace.com/californiascum
http://www.purevolume.com/californiascum
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Re: "Champion Recess Fighter" - New Song

Post by Jake-41 »

Too bad ya had to stop doing covers. On a side note, it's great. In my top 3 of all your songs.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

That is amazing Jeremy!! Definitely one of your bests! You're really good at this!

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Sounds great. Unfortunately I don't really enjoy listening to instrumentals unless it is intended as one or I already know the finished song .. or it's Sum 41 or something else very special for me :devious:
Looking forward to a finished a song, because you obviously have a damn good sense for riffs and chords arrangement. You just need bass and proper drums to give them more power and lyrics to give them meaning.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Anneliesx
Bunkface
First name: Annelies

Post by Anneliesx »

I love it
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake-41 wrote:Too bad ya had to stop doing covers. On a side note, it's great. In my top 3 of all your songs.
Yeah, I might do some covers again in the future, except without background music. I might do it this way to with a recording of an instrumental. The only problem with doing that is not getting the right drum sounds I want. But I have a new cover of Over My Head I kind of want to put up.
Simon wrote:Sounds great. Unfortunately I don't really enjoy listening to instrumentals unless it is intended as one or I already know the finished song .. or it's Sum 41 or something else very special for me :devious:
Looking forward to a finished a song, because you obviously have a damn good sense for riffs and chords arrangement. You just need bass and proper drums to give them more power and lyrics to give them meaning.
Thanks! By the way, I'm the same with instrumentals too, haha. It might be a while before these songs get finished completely as I'm not in a band at the moment. Though, once I get about 10 songs I really like, then I might start working on lyrics. I want to write slower songs, but they always end up becoming a fast one for some reason, haha.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

I think you can use most original songs in the background without any issues, at least I had no major trouble with my Sum 41 covers yet. Only my All Messed Up drumcover got disabled a while after I uploaded it, because of a copyright claim, although everything else from DTLI was recognized too and nothing happened there. But a year later or so, one day it was available again. I didn't even notice.

May be I can also provide the drums you're looking for, since I got a new camera (actually it's my brothers, but we pretty much share everything except girls, haha), that creates a nice and clean overhead-like sound, because it has an integrated stereo mic and is mounted on the ceiling light exactly above my drums for best visibility and audibility. I am working on putting these new videos on my YouTube channel, that will give you an idea. I will post some comparison/what's-to-come clips first and after figuring everything out with the audio editing and stuff, I will go crazy and do as much as possible because it sounds fucking amazing (the cymbals practically sound like recorded in a studio and the toms and snare are not bad either, only the bassdrum lacks the real bass and kick, which only makes sense). I already have a nice Give Me One Good Reason by Blink-182 take to finish up.

Man, I wish I could just take all my stuff right now and get the fuck out of here, visit you in canada or whatever and rock the fuck out ... and may be even get you somewhere with your music as well as me with mine. I feel like I could write two AKNF and three UH in one week, but I just never sit down and finish a song because I'm afraid of having to deal with the lyrics (although I doubt I would have a lot of trouble there either), so I end up fooling around, killing time, playing to Sum 41 and forgetting everything I did the next day. The one good thing about that is the constant guitar practicing, since I am still a total noob. I can't even play the Hell Song solo properly yet.
But I could also see everything change so easily with the right people around me... I'm just not sure what I'm looking for because I'm kind of a songwriter control freak / practical guitar player / "because-I-have-to" singer like Deryck, but also like being a simple drummer like Steve and to complete the circle I pretty much look like Cone, but with a bigger and more awesome head, lol.

Anyways... yeah you rock, I rock, but unfortunately I live in pathetic Germafuckingny. But why? I have nothing but my own laziness keeping me here.
- Stevo32

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, my Sum 41 covers are all good (except No Reason, I don't know why). But WMG got rid of my East Jesus Nowhere cover, yet there's users on YouTube where 90% of their covers are Green Day covers and they still have their videos up. It's ridiculous. I can't even find a way to redeem myself and take away any strikes against my account. I basically just don't want to end up making a "CaliforniaScum1" or "CaliforniaScum2" account, because I hate numbers in usernames, haha.

And yeah, rocking out is something I haven't done since last summer and I miss it so much. My friends are all doing their own thing and moved far enough away that jamming together wouldn't be convenient. Of course, we got drunk while we jammed and ended up partying by the end of the night, haha. Great times nonetheless.
Jesse254
First name: Jesse

Post by Jesse254 »

very cool
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

Can you send me a guitars+click/cowbell-only version of this song? I just listened to it again when I visited your MySpace and it gets more and more catchy. I think I can come up with some ass-kicking drums the next time I hit the road to visit my beloved drumset. Or do you have a favorite song that you'd rather have real drums for?

Btw. what do you use to record and mix the guitars? I have a TonePort which works great and I can get a pretty decent sound, even with my Squier. But I only have Logic Express and no Mac available at the moment.
- Stevo32

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

That would be awesome! I can send you a guitar+cowbell version. Also, if you're willing, I have a cover of Over My Head that could use some kickass drumming. None of the drum presets really do the song justice. I still need to tweak some guitar on that one though.

I use a Line 6 PODxt and Riffworks. Nothing fancy, just something to get the job done.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

You're lucky, I played Over My Head last time I was there. I think there was a clean take, let me just check.

One problem though: The Toms and Bassdrum need to be cranked up a lot, either by equalizing/frequency-compressing or adding support samples. But that's up to you since I don't really have the tools to do that right now.
- Stevo32

Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

And i can haz add teh vocals! It'll be an all TNS coverz! :D

Or not.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

I guess, I don't know. Can you sing?
Btw. I was wrong, those takes were full of mistakes and they were also not recorded overhead-style, so the sound isn't that good. I will come back with better ones.

Another problem is, that I don't know how to quickly get the audio out of those AVCHD files (.mts) since VirtualDub aparently doesn't support them. Seems that I really need get my Sony Vegas working now.. stupid hacks, I wish I could just afford it.
- Stevo32

Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Yes i can sing! I've performed Sum 41 songs in front of 200+ more than a few times. : ]

Sadly, my dad has my recorder, so i can't anyway.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Jer once again you've come to impress, kick ass job my friend! love the tempo

side note: the part at the beginning with the kids is hilarious
horrorofsorts
First name: Chris

Post by horrorofsorts »

I wish I had some proper recording equipment, I'd record some bass, I just found these on youtube and fell in love then joined TNS :happy:

Awesome songs
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Sum 41 tweeted this song and called it badass. Congrats Jer-bear. :2cool4u:
bizzyd53
Billy Spleen
First name: David
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by bizzyd53 »

nice job man!
Baby, if you give me the world...I'll burn it right down.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hTMVuV45EB4/T ... -Three.jpg[/imgwidth]