ENDED: Chat with Cone & Tom

This forum is home to pre-scheduled live chats with band members, etc.
Tom Thacker
Guitar, Sum 41/Gob
Re:

Post by Tom Thacker »

Black Zed wrote:Hey Cone & Tom. Awesome to hear that Deryck is okay. I just wanted to thank you guys. Sum 41 was the band that got me into the harder side of music, punk and hard rock specifically. I absolutely loved Screaming Bloody Murder, and I saw you in June 2012 in Tilburg, the Netherlands, Live and I still think it to be one of the best concerts I've been to.

Do you know anything about the new album? can it be compared to any of your old material or is it all new? What can we expect?
It's kind of too soon to really say what the next record will sound like, I imagine it will be along the lines of Screaming Bloody Murder. I think we kind of found our own sound with that record.
skumfukgirl
First name: Claire
Twitter: skumfukgirl

Post by skumfukgirl »

I love you guys,you're my idols,I can't wait to see you on stage with Sum 41 again! So how is work with other bands?
HandleThis
First name: Udit
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Chat with Cone & Tom

Post by HandleThis »

Whats the news about the new drummer?
And when does sum 41 start touring?

I can't sit back and wonder why.
It took so long for this to die.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 80-600.jpg[/imgwidth]
41Hungary41
First name: 19

Post by 41Hungary41 »

Hi guys!
I'm glad that created this event. My first question: What kind of jobs do you do with Sum 41 at this time? :happy:
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41
First name: Jason

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

SumGeek wrote:Cone, you've been doing a lot of producing lately; what has been your favourite recording studio to work in? personally you as the musician or producer! I know we have some good ones here in Ontario.
Ya I normally work out of Metalworks or The Woodshed in Toronto for producing but in LA Sum 41 recorded at Capitol Studios for SBM and that was a cool place with a lot of history.
Tom Thacker
Guitar, Sum 41/Gob
Re:

Post by Tom Thacker »

SumGeek wrote:Hi, Cone & Tom! It's great to hear from you guys again over on TNS! Are you guys chatting to us from Cone's backyard, perhaps?!

We're in Cone's living room. In our tighty whiteys

My first question is for you, Cone. Back in May, you mentioned finishing up work on new Operation M.D. material; how has the recording process been?
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Post by Cone McCaslin »

HandleThis wrote:Whats the news about the new drummer?
And when does sum 41 start touring?
No news on those fronts yet sorry.
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

41Hungary41 wrote:Hi guys!
I'm glad that created this event. My first question: What kind of jobs do you do with Sum 41 at this time? :happy:
To me its all about getting Deryck healthy and happy. Thats the way I'm thinking of Sum 41 right now.
gycb41
First name: Misha

Post by gycb41 »

You talked to Derek after his discharge from the hospital? Do YOU communicate recently?
Tom Thacker
Guitar, Sum 41/Gob
Re:

Post by Tom Thacker »

skumfukgirl wrote:I love you guys,you're my idols,I can't wait to see you on stage with Sum 41 again! So how is work with other bands?
it's awesome playing with and producing other bands. I did a couple shows w Offspring last summer, that was pretty sweet.
Nothing really beats playing your own songs though. i can't wait to get SUM41 back on stage too!
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

FrankCesto wrote:What's your favorite band? Love from Portugal!
Thats a really though one but since my early 20's I really got into The Clash so that band is probably up there. I also love David Bowie and Elliott Smith too but I love a lot of bands. Hard to pick 1.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Re:

Post by SumGeek »

Tom Thacker wrote:
SumGeek wrote:Hi, Cone & Tom! It's great to hear from you guys again over on TNS! Are you guys chatting to us from Cone's backyard, perhaps?!

We're in Cone's living room. In our tighty whiteys

My first question is for you, Cone. Back in May, you mentioned finishing up work on new Operation M.D. material; how has the recording process been?
Ah, gotta love you, Tom! Thank you for that answer. I'm sure we're all missing out here!
deadmoon85
First name: Jessica
Twitter: BloodofDeadmoon

Future Sitcoms

Post by deadmoon85 »

Will you guys be doing any more video sitcoms in the future like Road to Ruin (maybe without all the heavy drinking now)? :)
pbueddi

Post by pbueddi »

are you guys currently looking for a new label at all?
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Post by Cone McCaslin »

Petersohn wrote:Hi Guys! What are your favorite guitars (or bass guitars?)
I have 3 favorites. I have a 1962 re-issue P-Bass that I've used on every single Sum 41 album. That bass is amazing. Then I also have real 1961 P-Bass that sounds great and of coarse my white bass I play on tour is up there.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Hi guys, I just wanted to say hello. :)

And I want to thank you your works, your music, they really mean a lot to me. I feel lucky that I could see you on stage twice and I hope there'll be a third and more times, so I'm waiting in Hungary! :)
Tom Thacker
Guitar, Sum 41/Gob
Re:

Post by Tom Thacker »

gycb41 wrote:You talked to Derek after his discharge from the hospital? Do YOU communicate recently?
Yeah. we speak on the reg. I tried to meet up with Deryck the other day but I was in Kitchener and he was in Ajax.
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re: Future Sitcoms

Post by Cone McCaslin »

deadmoon85 wrote:Will you guys be doing any more video sitcoms in the future like Road to Ruin (maybe without all the heavy drinking now)? :)
I think videos will always be a part of the band. Thats always been in the past so I don't think that will change.
Tisupunx
Post by Tisupunx »

Hey guys! Sum 41 played 2 times in Hungary and you said that they were amazing shows and really liked the country. I hope you guys planning to come back with a European tour. Did you guys try any special food or drink during your time in Hungary? :)
Meaganbunda
First name: Meagan
Twitter: meaganbunda

Post by Meaganbunda »

Thank you for replying!:)
I was also wondering if you guys have a favorite song to play when you are on stage?