ENDED: Chat with Cone & Tom

This forum is home to pre-scheduled live chats with band members, etc.
Tom Thacker
Guitar, Sum 41/Gob
Re:

Post by Tom Thacker »

Lilla wrote:Hey guys!
I would like to know that what do you guys think about when a musician talks about politics in public? Like in lyrics, in interviews, etc.
(What is your opinion about musician’s political commitments?)
Thanks
L
It depends on the artist really. I think Propagandhi are pretty knowledgable about social issues/politics. I'm always interested in what they have to say.
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41
First name: Jason

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

Black Zed wrote:Hey Cone & Tom. Awesome to hear that Deryck is okay. I just wanted to thank you guys. Sum 41 was the band that got me into the harder side of music, punk and hard rock specifically. I absolutely loved Screaming Bloody Murder, and I saw you in June 2012 in Tilburg, the Netherlands, Live and I still think it to be one of the best concerts I've been to.

Do you know anything about the new album? can it be compared to any of your old material or is it all new? What can we expect?
Thx for being a fan. Still pretty early to say what the new album will be like. I'm excited to get back at it though.
LoveEnd
First name: Annika

Post by LoveEnd »

Hey guys :) First of all: Thank you to save everyday of my life! I'm really glad that I have this opportunity to speak to you... Makes me kind of speachless... I would really like to know what do you get from making music? Does it make you feel bettet when you're down?
Thank you :)
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

skumfukgirl wrote:Hi guys what do you think of the hospitalization of Deryck?
Well Deryck and I have been friends for 20 years. Hes like a brother. My heart dropped to my stomach that day when I heard he went to the hospital. I heard hes doing a lot better and I'm really happy about that. Glad hes getting better.
LulaWhibley
Billy Spleen
First name: Lula
Post by LulaWhibley »

Hello hello Cone and Tom! How are you? We miss you very much. How do you expect the next album of Sum 41? Do you Have any idea?
  • ROCK IN IDRHO, Italy
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

LoveEnd wrote:Hey guys :) First of all: Thank you to save everyday of my life! I'm really glad that I have this opportunity to speak to you... Makes me kind of speachless... I would really like to know what do you get from making music? Does it make you feel bettet when you're down?
Thank you :)
Ya music has been a part of my life for ever. Started playing when I was 14 and listening to it since I remember. I play it everyday as well. So the say the least it a big part of my life.
jeremie41
First name: Jeremie
Post by jeremie41 »

First of all, hello guys, I'd like to know what inspires you to write, do you write about personal experiences, or ...? Love from Germany.
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

SumGeek wrote:Hi, Cone & Tom! It's great to hear from you guys again over on TNS! Are you guys chatting to us from Cone's backyard, perhaps?!

My first question is for you, Cone. Back in May, you mentioned finishing up work on new Operation M.D. material; how has the recording process been?
Yup just have to mix the song and it should be out this summer.
gycb41
First name: Misha

Post by gycb41 »

Hello. Guys did you talk with Derek after the hospital? We saw the photo, he met with Dave. Glad that all friendly)
mirqqee
First name: Mira

Post by mirqqee »

Heyyy (: wow, it's so weird that you two really are there answering our questons! I've been listen to Sum 41 many years and every day your songs get better. So many of your lyrics have kinda safe my life, thanks for that. I wait so much new album and tour, I can't even understand that you're working with new album!I hope Deryck will get better soon!
Lilla
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by Lilla »

Did you already find a new drummer? I started to play the drums 13 years ago because of Stevo. When I first saw him to play, I was just amazed. I will really miss him, but I will never stop loving Sum 41, nad you guys.
dan41
First name: Daniel
Post by dan41 »

hey cone, what have you been up lately? Send you all the best from germany ;) hope you come back
herkyles
First name: Kyle

Post by herkyles »

Hey guys!!
A fan from The Netherlands here, I am wondering, what are the coolest/most fun bands (or artists) you've ever met while touring? and do you maybe have a story of things that you did together??

Good luck with making the next album! Im already looking forward to it!

Kyle
CONE IS THE BEST!
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

jeremie41 wrote:First of all, hello guys, I'd like to know what inspires you to write, do you write about personal experiences, or ...? Love from Germany.
For me when I write songs I either write lyrics way later and fit the words into the melody or I already have an idea of the lyrics and I try to base the song around 1 or 2 key lines. Every songs for me comes together differently.
Meaganbunda
First name: Meagan
Twitter: meaganbunda

Post by Meaganbunda »

Hi Cone and Tom! I have loved you guys for years, your music has helped me to get through a lot, and I am so excited you're doing this on my birthday.

I was just wondering if you were going to come back to Toronto anytime soon?
Tom Thacker
Guitar, Sum 41/Gob
Re:

Post by Tom Thacker »

samueeL wrote:Glad to have you. Question for Tom: Years ago you said that new Gob album will be rock'n'roll -ish. That was so long ago so I have to ask, is that still a case? Also any ideas when the first supposed single will be out? Loved Cold. Glad to finally know that the new album is coming out, seemed like a long process.
Hey Samueel!
Yeah the new gob record (Apt 13) has a more rocknroll and punk sound than our previous album )Muertos Vivos), It was more of a metal record. The first single Radio Hell will be out sometime in July. Glad you love Cold, I'm sure you'll be stoked on the rest of the record too.
haha it was def a long process, I'm really f'ng stoked it's finally coming out
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

mirqqee wrote:Heyyy (: wow, it's so weird that you two really are there answering our questons! I've been listen to Sum 41 many years and every day your songs get better. So many of your lyrics have kinda safe my life, thanks for that. I wait so much new album and tour, I can't even understand that you're working with new album!I hope Deryck will get better soon!
thx for being a fan
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Hey Tom! Glad you could join us here.

Care to shed a little light behind the meaning of Gob's upcoming album title?
Last edited by SumGeek on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petersohn
First name: Peter
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Chat with Cone & Tom

Post by Petersohn »

Hey Cone and Tom!
What's your most memorable experience in Sum 41?
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

dan41 wrote:hey cone, what have you been up lately? Send you all the best from germany ;) hope you come back
I have been doing a lot of producing lately. A band called "Sun K" I worked on and I'll be doing their upcoming EP and LP in the next few months. Right now just finishing up a band called "Lebarons". I love producing. Just been keeping busy with that right now.